Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it?

3 posters

Go down

How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? Empty How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it?

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey guys. So I did a session of neejng 1 week ago. Not crazy pressure, just a little bleeding. I appled aloe for healing. The best night I brushed, 150 strokes each temple, normal pressure, not too hard, with olive oil.

After reading that healing takes 14 days with needling, I am
Concerned I might have permanently damaged my follicles?

Am I being too paranoid?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? Empty Re: How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it?

Post  YAER Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:45 am

How deep is the needle, the follicle is normally 4 mm deep, i dont think u damage the follicle but u could have weakened it.

YAER

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it? Empty Re: How hard is it to permanently damage a follicle/scar it?

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 am

Needle is 1.5mm

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I dont think u damaged it, maybe u weakened it, i wouldnt use a needle this size on my scalp, it causes tiny scars which compromises blood flow to the scalp which is something u wouldnt want. Rollers increase blood flow initially but decreases it on the long run due to the scars.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:30 pm

You think I scarred it from rolling one time? If there was scarring, I dont think anyone would ever get results from needling as the scar tissue would be auto blocking the hair shaft, no?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOne Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am

sizzlinghairs

There is no way you scarred it. The 1.5mm dermaroller will penetrate at max 1.3mm , if you are rolling over any hair it will be less.

Dermarollers are used to greatly reduce scars.

I`ve been rolling 1mm and 1.5mm once every week or every other week for about six months, face and scalp, its great for the skin, for me at least.

Read up on the subject to clear some misconceptions,
here`s some good links.

Google `ray derma roller`

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

http://owndoc.com/

Hope this helps.
TheOne
TheOne

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Any cut in the skin forms a scar regardless of its appearance, in my experience it was actually bad to hypertrophic scars, this is because theybare made from excess collagen and derma increases it even more. Its useful for burns. Its good for hair but 1.5 is an overkill, Even the manufacterers suggest 0.5 max

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down