Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings

+7
bobthebuilder
NYJets
theseeker86
ubraj
Bonsai6
CausticSymmetry
Xenon
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings Empty Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings

Post  Xenon Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:15 am

I've tried to find out why this happens, but I can't really find anything relevant online. But when I'm on a carb diet I start to feel like pressure in my head, my adrenal glands become over active and I feel anxious and angry, and like I want to cry. Additionally, the stutter I used to have, has come back with a vengeance, yet I never suffer any of these issues when I'm on a low carb diet.

Could anyone explain why carbs could be causing these problems?
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings Empty Re: Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings

Post  Xenon Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:42 am

Ah, it's OK, folks. It seems that gluten is the culprit. I've been reading about gluten intolerance symptoms, and it all fits.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings Empty Re: Carbohydrates causing me to stutter and causing me mood swings

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:07 am

I was going to post this to answer your question....It will bring a lot of it to light.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai6 Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I have noticed trouble with carbohydrate consumption myself with my bipolar disorder, but I dont connect it to gluten as I have tried gluten free and there is no effect. I mostly notice a difference just from blood sugar.

What do you guys think about a ketogenic diet only in the winter time? Like the Inuits have. I have read a lot of positive things from burning mostly fat during the colder months.

Bonsai6

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:59 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I was going to post this to answer your question....It will bring a lot of it to light.
Thanks for posting that old video from Dr. Blaylock.  Lost that very good talk and the info on Schizophrenia was important to reference 37:00 - 38:30

Course it's not just Schizophrenia but other issues as well.  And other causes which the other two big ones are mold biotoxins making one very agitated, etc. (Dr. Shoemaker) and other major being soy.

Another inspirational video on importance of diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypqaogsfw6k

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Xenon wrote:I've tried to find out why this happens, but I can't really find anything relevant online. But when I'm on a carb diet I start to feel like pressure in my head, my adrenal glands become over active and I feel anxious and angry, and like I want to cry. Additionally, the stutter I used to have, has come back with a vengeance, yet I never suffer any of these issues when I'm on a low carb diet.

Wow, I've noticed the exact same thing happening to me, especially the stutter, I had no idea why it came back after like 10+ years of being stutter free but I can definitely relate.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Cool video CS thx. Only thing is when he got to talking about saturated fats (animal fats/lard) @ 40:00 he said they've been shown to impair memory in studies on humans due to impairment of receptors in the brain.

I found this somewhat surprising as someone who deals with ADD/anxiety/depression/insomnia and more..... I've never heard of this if anything it's been the opposite.

I was recently contemplating going to an all meat diet and broth here and there but not sure.

I do consume SCD/Gaps yogurt made from Organic Trader Joes Milk almost everyday. White Jasmine rice as my carb source. Some OJ here and there and there lately(teeth) coffee, lots of coconut oil, some feta or cheddar cheese a few times a week, lots of bacon eggs red meat fish once or twice a week.

Is pasteurization still a problem for SCD/Gaps yogurt if fermented in your opinion? Contemplating avoiding due to pasteurization.

Last edited by NYJets on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Xenon wrote:I've tried to find out why this happens, but I can't really find anything relevant online. But when I'm on a carb diet I start to feel like pressure in my head, my adrenal glands become over active and I feel anxious and angry, and like I want to cry. Additionally, the stutter I used to have, has come back with a vengeance, yet I never suffer any of these issues when I'm on a low carb diet.

Forget Gluten look-up Lectins.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback, people. it's interesting to note that others suffer the same or similar symptoms from a high carb diet.

I thought I'd add; the pressure I feel is at the top of my head - around the foramen. I also feel it around the temples. It could be (and this is speculation) a build up of gas in the bloodstream (from very gassy foods) which deposits within the emissary veins of the scalp. I think, on one level, these venous gases may enter the brain byway of these emissary veins and cause neurological disturbances (hence stuttering and mood swings).

When I massage the affected areas I tend to burp alot and this seems to relieve the pressure and the problems associated with it.

These gases may build up within the scalp due to it being tighter than elsewhere.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 pm

@Xenon @theseeker

I noticed similar patterns with my Add tendancies and other "comorbidities" when consuming almost any bread/pasta/processed foods/msg/Fried vegetable oils/dressing ketchups/colored foods. I do think blood sugar plays a role as well due to some of the positive feedback those with ADD have reported when using R ALA. Shchizophrenia is just an advanced form of brain inflammation from what I understand. I really think the GAPS diet is solid (from experience) if you're looking to try and tackle some of this through diet. I strayed away from it for a while and I notice know how much it helped. I could see it possibly eliminating any type of "mental" symptom if done correctly for long enough. I'm actually in the transition of going back (or doing an all meat) to it just need to add more broth and cut out the rice and substitute for fermented veggies. You'd be surprised what foods you disagree with after adding them back in one by one. Let's just say red bell peppers were a violent offender for me pirat affraid
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 pm

NYJets wrote:@Xenon @theseeker

I noticed similar patterns with my Add tendancies and other "comorbidities" when consuming almost any bread/pasta/processed foods/msg/Fried vegetable oils/dressing ketchups/colored foods. I do think blood sugar plays a role as well due to some of the positive feedback those with ADD have reported when using R ALA. Shchizophrenia is just an advanced form of brain inflammation from what I understand. I really think the GAPS diet is solid (from experience) if you're looking to try and tackle some of this through diet. I strayed away from it for a while and I notice know how much it helped. I could see it possibly eliminating any type of "mental" symptom if done correctly for long enough. I'm actually in the transition of going back (or doing an all meat) to it just need to add more broth and cut out the rice and substitute for fermented veggies. You'd be surprised what foods you disagree with after adding them back in one by one. Let's just say red bell peppers were a violent offender for me pirat affraid
Yes, I have been consuming a shitload of these foods over the past week, in addition to cereal bars and bananas. The strange thing is, my skin complexion looks very healthy on a carb diet, yet all of the other nasty little things occur when I continue with the diet.

Also, and this is interesting as it relates to what you're saying; I have long suspected I have ADD, but the symptoms only become apparent when on a high carb diet, as I find it impossible to focus on important tasks for too long. For instance, holding down a job becomes impossible for me; remaining consistent with daily exercises; achieving goals, etc. The 'brain pressure' I spoke of causes so much mental stress, that it causes me to want to just retreat from anything that requires lots of attention, and if I'm forced to continue with such cerebral activities, I get anxious and very angry.

Today I haven't eaten anything, have been massaging the venous gases out of my scalp, and the symptoms are starting to subside. I think that I'm more suited to a low carb / high protein diet, so I'll return to this.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 pm

P.S. NYJets, fluctuating blood sugar levels may play a role, but I personally think (in my own case at least) that consistently eating high carb foods causes higher hydrogen sulphide or other waste gases in the blood stream. When on a low carb diet, my blood sugar levels seem to be stable and I never feel hungry, so eat much less -- which also leads to less waste gases in the blood stream.

I basically go with biofeedback to deliver me with answers to problems. It's not always easy to initially pinpoint the problem, but the pressure at the top of my head and temples was causing me discomfort, and I felt like this was causing the aforementioned problems. Again, my instinct was to massage the area, I began to expel the gases, and now all of the problems have dissipated (including the stutter).

So, seeing as this has worked, I conclude that a build up of waste gases within the emissary veins of the scalp has played a role in causing neurological disturbances.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 am

NYJets wrote:Cool video CS thx. Only thing is when he got to talking about saturated fats (animal fats/lard) @ 40:00 he said they've been shown to impair memory in studies on humans due to impairment of receptors in the brain.

I found this somewhat surprising as someone who deals with ADD/anxiety/depression/insomnia and more..... I've never heard of this if anything it's been the opposite.

I was recently contemplating going to an all meat diet and broth here and there but not sure.

I do consume SCD/Gaps yogurt made from Organic Trader Joes Milk almost everyday. White Jasmine rice as my carb source. Some OJ here and there and there lately(teeth) coffee, lots of coconut oil, some feta or cheddar cheese a few times a week, lots of bacon eggs red meat fish once or twice a week.

Is pasteurization still a problem for SCD/Gaps yogurt if fermented in your opinion? Contemplating avoiding due to pasteurization.
Yes, exactly.  Dr. Blaylock was a bit behind the curve about saturated fat...This is an older video, originally posted by Jdp/rdkml a few years ago...

About pasteurization. I wrote this some time ago and gives the "skinny" on it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20120423090253/http://healthyfixx.com/13/pasteurized-milk-killing-the-bad-and-the-good

In the context of the video, Dr. Blaylock is discussing the effect of insulin effect on the brain. Also, gluten causes an excitement of glutamate receptors. Minerals such as magnesium, sulfur and lithium can quiet these receptors.

And also, yes it's not necessarily the gluten, it could simply be the lectins, it can also be the glyphosate which is soaked in various grains...All of these things destroy the gut.

Check out this slide...it shows just how pernicious this stuff is on the brain.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/WAPF_Slides_2012/Offsite_Seneff_Handout.pdf

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am

Excuse me if anyone has suggested this in any previous posts on this thread, but all of these problems may be linked to a leaky gut. I know the leaky gut topic has been covered extensively, but a leaky gut also leads to abnormal absorption of intestinal gases into the bloodstream, and I am positive that they can accumulate within the scalp due to it's general tightness.

Another interesting thing I read in regards to high C02 / methane (intestinal gases), is that they cause heat retention, so perhaps concentrated levels of these within the scalp may cause temperature increase / heat retention.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Carb problems may also relate to frequency and type of carbohydrate. Glucose, fructose, sucrose, starch, lactose, refined vs whole grains, carb quantity at one time... all of this can make a difference I think Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:14 pm

hoppipolla wrote:Carb problems may also relate to frequency and type of carbohydrate. Glucose, fructose, sucrose, starch, lactose, refined vs whole grains, carb quantity at one time... all of this can make a difference I think Smile
Yeh, you're probably correct hoppi. It's difficult for me to pinpoint specifically what carbs triggered the problems, although I did eat a shitload of pasta / cereal bars and bananas throughout the week, so it's likely been those foods.

I started to get a throbbing aching sensation in my temples, the foramen area of my head and behind the eyes. This is usually indicative of high C02 in the blood. I know that eating carbs regularly, causes high intestinal gases, so when I add it all up, it seems to me that I may well have a leaky gut and lots of these intestinal gases were absorbed into my bloodstream and became trapped within the tighter tissue of the scalp.

I always look healthier on a high carb diet, but I always suffer from nasty side-effects. Right now I'm back to eating protein, as this quells my appetite, which leads to less intestinal gases, but I'll give some more study into the carb food groups you've mentioned and hopefully try to find out the exact culprit.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:29 am

Xenon wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:Carb problems may also relate to frequency and type of carbohydrate. Glucose, fructose, sucrose, starch, lactose, refined vs whole grains, carb quantity at one time... all of this can make a difference I think Smile
Yeh, you're probably correct hoppi. It's difficult for me to pinpoint specifically what carbs triggered the problems, although I did eat a shitload of pasta / cereal bars and bananas throughout the week, so it's likely been those foods.  

I started to get a throbbing aching sensation in my temples, the foramen area of my head and behind the eyes. This is usually indicative of high C02 in the blood. I know that eating carbs regularly, causes high intestinal gases, so when I add it all up, it seems to me that I may well have a leaky gut and lots of these intestinal gases were absorbed into my bloodstream and became trapped within the tighter tissue of the scalp.

I always look healthier on a high carb diet, but I always suffer from nasty side-effects. Right now I'm back to eating protein, as this quells my appetite, which leads to less intestinal gases, but I'll give some more study into the carb food groups you've mentioned and hopefully try to find out the exact culprit.
I just stick to under 2% fibre in my diet (roughly) and like 90% of the bloating goes away. If I cut it down to like 1% it would probably ALL go away but... then I would never, ever use the toilet xD

You could also maybe try cutting gluten for a fortnight and see how you feel, or cutting starch for a fortnight, etc.

For me though, it was the fibre thing that made the difference, as it stops so much of the carbs from being pulled down to your colon so that they can be digested in your small intestine instead.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai6 Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:28 am

Xenon, have you thought of trying a Ketogenic diet?

Im bi polar and about a month ago started the diet. Im Feeling pretty good so far.

Bonsai6

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 am

Bonsai6 wrote:Xenon, have you thought of trying a Ketogenic diet?  

Im bi polar and about a month ago started the diet. Im Feeling pretty good so far.
I'm not convinced they're healthy though... why burn something as inefficient as fat when you can burn fructose (or even glucose) that converts rapidly into ATP? o.O

I don't get it.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:37 am

Yeh, Bonsai, I've actually reverted back to a ketodiet, as it prevents all of the side-effects caused by a high carb diet. However, I always look pasty, produce nasty body odour, and overheat on a ketodiet (unless I drink lots of water), but other than that I feel OK within myself. At least it keeps stuttering, anxiety and headaches at bay.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 am

Xenon wrote:

Yeh, Bonsai, I've actually reverted back to a ketodiet, as it prevents all of the side-effects caused by a high carb diet. However, I always look pasty, produce nasty body odour, and overheat on a ketodiet (unless I drink lots of water), but other than that I feel OK within myself. At least it keeps stuttering, anxiety and headaches at bay.
Perhaps try just sipping a sugar syrup throughout the day... like sugar water but with the sugar well melted into the water.

That's about the simplest and healthiest way to get carbohydrate into the body AFAIK.

I don't have the self discipline to stick to anything like that, but I think it is a great way to do it if you CAN do it! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:54 am

hoppipolla wrote:

I'm not convinced they're healthy though... why burn something as inefficient as fat when you can burn fructose (or even glucose) that converts rapidly into ATP? o.O

I don't get it.
I think it depends upon the individual. For some reason my body seems to be able to metabolize lipids easy, whereas many who go on ketodiets suffer horrible side-effects, especially chronic fatigue. There has been long term debate as to whether or not the brain can use fatty acids / ketone bodies as a fuel source, and recent research confirms that it can.

I've personally suffered no cerebral side-effects from a ketodiet, so I think that some of us are more suited to metabolizing fats than carbs.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:16 am

Another side-effect from carbs (which I forgot to add) was heart palpitations. I've read that heart and skeletal muscles especially prefer fatty acids as a fuel source, so maybe this is why I suffered such side-effects when on a very low fat / high carb diet. Again, I think it is down to the individual and the kind of diet they're suited to.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 am

Totally agree - There isn't a specific diet that is suitable for everyone.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 am

Xenon wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

I don't get it.
I think it depends upon the individual. For some reason my body seems to be able to metabolize lipids easy, whereas many who go on ketodiets suffer horrible side-effects, especially chronic fatigue. There has been long term debate as to whether or not the brain can use fatty acids / ketone bodies as a fuel source, and recent research confirms that it can.

I've personally suffered no cerebral side-effects from a ketodiet, so I think that some of us are more suited to metabolizing fats than carbs.
hm, I honestly don't know about that o.O

Well, I wish you luck whatever you choose to do anyway Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next