Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation?

+2
a
Xenon
6 posters

Go down

Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? Empty Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation?

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 am

I decided to increase my carb intake over the past few days, and I've noticed that I'm sweating so much more easier -- all over my scalp and body. Normally, when I reduce my carb intake, I find it difficult to sweat and I find that my scalp becomes inflamed easier - especially when I work out. This may be because we become more dehydrated on a low carb diet, and thus find it a little more difficult to sweat in order to cool down - especially if you have not consumed enough fluids.

Seeing as 30% of our body heat is released through the scalp - in the form of sweat, then I suppose it makes the scalp more prone to the effects of heat inflammation, especially if it can't sweat efficiently enough. This certainly seems to be the case with me, yet this increase in sweating since consuming more carbs has allowed me to cool down so much easier.

What's your take on this?
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? Empty Re: Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation?

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 am

Also, I don't know if there's a correlation here, but my friend has been on a low carb / high protein diet for the past 3 years. Prior to this he had a really full head of hair, and since then his hair has thinned really badly, and he even has a bald patch at the back of his head.

Despite the potential dehydration aspects of a low carb diet, his hairloss may have also been caused by an increase in ketoacids, which may have caused his blood to become more acidic than usual - esp. considering how long he has been on this diet.

I will continue with a regular consumption of carbs and see what the benefits are for hair health.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation? Empty Re: Carbohydrates, sweating and reduced scalp inflammation?

Post  a<r Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am

What kind of carboydrates are you consuming? You're likely experiencing an increase in metabolism.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 am

a

Last edited by Xenon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : original message didn't show up)
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

A low carb diet doesn't always assume you are ketogenic. I would second A < R.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:A low carb diet doesn't always assume you are ketogenic. I would second A < R.

@ admin I have been eating more complex carbs, such as pasta, rice, etc.

@anthony From my understanding, a low carb / high protein diet causes an increase in ketoacids, and these ketones also increase when you regularly work out on a diet of this kind. High ketosis causes acidosis. However, with this being said, my friend only has 2 small meals per day and he has been working out regularly for the past 3 years, so it's likely that he is undernourished, also.

I mentioned in a previous post how I experienced severe hairloss of the vertex and diffuse thinning around the back and sides, in early 2010, and this was caused by starving myself for many weeks.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Xenon, out of all the causes you have listed for your hairloss: masturbation, working out, not working out, eating carbs, not eating carbs, sweating, dht clogging, and starving yourself etc. I wonder how some people still have hair left...

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Schpiloch, I believe that hairloss is caused by a combination of factors.

First, I said that *excessive* masturbating can cause target cells of the galea to become clogged with DHT because this area is tighter than other hair producing areas of the body, thus lowering circulation / oxygen delivery, esp if the skull bones are larger than normal.

The cell clogging issue / tight galea causes the following problems...

Second, excessive exercise can cause a huge increase in metabolic acids within the cells of the galea. Because they are clogged, they have trouble containing and releasing these acids. But *mild* exercise produces less acids because your cells don't use up too much oxygen to metabolize energy.

Third, lack of exercise, i.e., lazing around for hours on end can lower all round blood circulation / oxygen levels. As a result, the clogged cells of the galea will naturally suffer.

*Regarding the two above issues, there has to be a balance of oxygen delivery, until DHT levels are naturally reduced. When the cells become unblocked, then they can access oxygen easier and they can release metabolic acids easier, without risk of inflammation.

Fourth, I mentioned that I cut my calories in earlier posts, but I didn't cut carbohydrates from my diet (although I have done in the past). I have recently increased the amount of carbs in my diet.

Fifth, i didn't say sweating causes hairloss, I believe that sweating is very important to reduce harmful body heat, which has a tendency to build up in cells of the galea because they are constricted. I noticed that since increasing my carb intake, I have been sweating easier, so I wondered if this may be beneficial in reducing heat inflammation to the galea, and I asked for feedback regarding this issue.

Sixth, starving yourself causes a huge increase in acidosis. Again, the clogged cells of the galea are most vulnerable because they have trouble releasing acids, and are therefore more prone to inflammation. If you google anorexia and hairloss, you will find countless pages about how anorexics have lost their hair through starving themselves.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:04 am

Xenon wrote:
anthonyspencer54 wrote:A low carb diet doesn't always assume you are ketogenic. I would second A < R.

@ admin I have been eating more complex carbs, such as pasta, rice, etc.

@anthony From my understanding, a low carb / high protein diet causes an increase in ketoacids, and these ketones also increase when you regularly work out on a diet of this kind. High ketosis causes acidosis. However, with this being said, my friend only has 2 small meals per day and he has been working out regularly for the past 3 years, so it's likely that he is undernourished, also.

I mentioned in a previous post how I experienced severe hairloss of the vertex and diffuse thinning around the back and sides, in early 2010, and this was caused by starving myself for many weeks.

To become ketotic, you really need to be very low carb. Even at 150 g of carb, you may not hit it. You probably need to be at or below 100 g of carbs daily, maybe between 50-80 grams. Eating 150 g of carbs daily would be considered a low carb diet, but you aren't necessarily going to be ketogenic. Ketosis is a survival mechanism, activated when the body perceives itself to be in a starvation state. It takes a trigger and for everyone that may be a little different but, it really takes a very, very low carb diet.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:43 am

"You probably need to be at or below 100 g of carbs daily,"

I see. What I read about low carb diets is, that you should only consume around 20 to 50g daily.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:51 am

Yeah, we were just at opposite ends of the spectrum. I've never gone on that low carb of a diet before. I think it could have some benefits in the short term, i.e. eliminating leptin resistance, restoring insulin sensitivity, fat loss, but long term I think it could be really detrimental. The longest I'd ever try that kind of diet would be around four to six weeks. I feel much healthier around the 150 g carb mark.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 am

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/lox.htm

maybe omega 3 is a big need?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9350916/Balding-men-offered-hope-of-waking-their-sleeping-hair.html
they say cure is found and they are working on releasing it soon. But I still dont believe it till I see it.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 pm

@ young trunks

"Inflammation (Latin, īnflammō, "I ignite, set alight") is part of the complex biological response of vascular tissues to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, damaged cells, or irritants.[1] Inflammation is a protective attempt by the organism to remove the injurious stimuli and to initiate the healing process."

So, inflammation is not a bad thing per se, even though it does destroy damaged cells. However, I believe we should focus upon alleviating the conditions which trigger the inflammatory response. In other words, if the cells are healthy, then inflammation wont occur.

At the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time, I believe that inflammation occurs when cells begin to asphyxiate via the release of C02 acid gases. These acid gases are normally contained and excreted from the cell via organelles called vacuoles. When the cell becomes engulfed with too much DHT, then the cell will not process enough oxygen, and will instead produce vast quantities of C02 / lactic acid. As a result, the vacuoles cannot contain / excrete enough of this acid gas and the cell begins to asphyxiate. This then triggers an inflammatory response within the cell, hence the reason you feel a prickly stinging feeling in your scalp just before the hair falls out.

I was reading about PGD2 and how excessive amounts of it are found within follicles of balding men. PGD2 was apparently used on lab rats, and it inhibited their hair growth. So if it's true that it does prevent hair growth, then it could well be that it was designed by nature for this very purpose. For example; when lots of problems start happening within the cells of follicles (the C02 dilemma), then *maybe* PGD2 binds to these problem areas and inhibits their growth, as to prevent anymore problems. However, PGD2 levels may reduce when DHT is reduced from the cells. Excessive DHT - IMHO - is the precursor for all of these later problems.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm

OK, folks, I thought I'd report back to this thread to let you know what I've so far observed since consuming more complex carbs.

The pros: major reduction in scalp inflammation (zero inflammation, in fact). The reason why this maybe happening (although I will need to look deeper into this issue), is that glycogen contains more oxygen than fats / lipids, and requires less oxidation to be metabolized. Therefore, the less oxygen the cell uses to utilize energy, the less it will put itself in oxygen debt, and the less chance of respiratory acidosis. Respiratory acidosis = inflammation.

I've noticed, that when I sit down on my computer for a couple of hours or more, I no longer experience inflammation, yet before increasing my carb intake, my scalp would begin to inflame if I sat around for the same length of time (the inflammation seemed to occur when I was on a very low carb diet). Again, sitting around lowers circulation and oxygen delivery, so, if you don't have the adequate oxygen stores to oxidize fats, then the cell will suffer from respiratory acidosis when oxidizing fat. This problem is made worse when the cells of the follicles are partially clogged with DHT, as oxygen delivery is slightly lowered.

I sweat so much easier, excess body heat is released easier, and my temples have cooled down and feel really moist, whereas beforehand they used to feel really hot and dry (the latter may have been because I was less hydrated and found it harder to cool down). I read, that for every 1g of glycogen, it attracts 2.7g of water, so this is probably why I sweat so much easier and my temples feel cool and moist.

The cons: I've been waking up with the feeling of pressure inside my head / sinuses -- like my nose is about to bleed (the headaches disappear when I start moving around). This could be because of the additional water storage caused by glycogen, and perhaps my brain is retaining more water than it needs and this additional water is causing slight pressure?

I'll do some research into the causes of this, but if anyone could provide any feedback on the headache / pressure dilemma, then it would be appreciated.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 am

Xenon check this out...He also has pics (lots of em)...I believe that what you said is true. I believe that there are many forms of hairloss in men but they are all categorized under mpb.. But the inflammation idk what to do about it. My head feels like somebody is taking safety pins and poking me. Then when I lay in bed while sleep it feels like a lighter has been lit and put on certain parts of my head.

So I'm not sure to use nizoral or what not or continue a natural route of shampoo and exercise including brushing.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=100832&highlight_key=y

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Young trunks, thanks for this. it seems like this guy has noticed the very same things which caused my own hairloss.

As for your inflammation, I seriously suggest you do what I'm doing, and increase your intake of complex carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes, rice). Glycogen actually assists cells in metabolizing it because it provides the cell with oxygen! I haven't suffered any form of inflammation since eating more complex carbs.

See? The inflammation is largely caused by your galea cells not having enough oxygen / energy, and as a result, they are producing respiratory acids because they are struggling to breath. DHT is likely causing oxygen inhibition, and this is why they need a form of energy which is full of oxygen and easy to utilize. Just try this and see if you notice a huge reduction in inflammation in the next couple of days.

I wish i knew about this many years ago. Had i have combined this with complete reduction in masturbation, then I'm sure I would have regrown most, if not all of my hair by now.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 pm

No prob Xenon,

"As for your inflammation, I seriously suggest you do what I'm doing, and increase your intake of complex carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes, rice)."

Will do

"See? The inflammation is largely caused by your galea cells not having enough oxygen / energy, and as a result, they are producing respiratory acids because they are struggling to breath. DHT is likely causing oxygen inhibition, and this is why they need a form of energy which is full of oxygen and easy to utilize. Just try this and see if you notice a huge reduction in inflammation in the next couple of days."

Agree...about working out I can't do much in that department except arm bands and push ups...I will try to add running to the mix.
Has your shedding stopped?

"I wish i knew about this many years ago."

This crap is a nightmare...nightmare after nightmare..I still haven't recovered fully from my car accident and thats over 13 years ago.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Young trunks, the abstinence helped out a great deal, as it has allowed me to grow some hair back over the past six months, but I had to still keep finding ways of keeping inflammation at bay. Since I increased my intake of complex carbs, this has been the only thing that has caused all inflammation to disappear completely. No inflammation = no shedding.

You don't have to do much working out either. As I previously mentioned, before increasing my complex carb intake, I only had to sit around for an hour or so, before I began to notice inflammation in my scalp. Yet, since eating lots more carbs, I can sit around on my computer for a number of hours and experience NO inflammation at all. I can only assume that this is because glycogen contains lots of oxygen and requires little effort for cells to utilize. Also, it causes more water to store, makes you sweat more and allows the scalp to cool down so much easier.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how this has allowed my temples to remain cool and moist. Beforehand they were always dry and prone to overheating, so I kept having to find ways to lower my body heat to prevent this, as I noticed that too much heat around the temples would put my hair at risk of inflammation. Now, it seems, that the complex carb diet is taking care of this problem 24/7. Also, the headaches I initially experienced have now disappeared, so this is another good thing.

All i can say is, give it a try and see if you notice a reduction in inflammation over the next few days.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 am

Xenon

Do you think zinc supplements will also help? Also I must mention that due to my health I'm rarely outdoors. So I take cod liver oil to get my vitamin D...but do you think Vitamin D from the sun is even better or needed for the cause?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Young Trunks, I personally found, that taking zinc supplements each day, made me feel sick. But i did notice my hair thicken up during the initial stages of taking it. I don't know if this would be the same for you; I guess you will just have to try it and see what benefits you derive from it.

As for Vitamin D, I understand that you can't get out much, but at least you're taking a supplement, so I wouldn't worry too much about this. I think the main things to focus upon, at this point, are; lowering DHT levels, increasing oxygen and energy to cells (complex carbs / low fat protein foods, staying reasonably active), and alleviating inflammation as much as possible.

P.S. I thought I'd mention, since increasing carb intake, my skin complexion looks better than it has ever done in years -- i'm literally glowing.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Xenon,
"I personally found, that taking zinc supplements each day, made me feel sick."

I will only take like twice a week.

"P.S. I thought I'd mention, since increasing carb intake, my skin complexion looks better than it has ever done in years -- i'm literally glowing."

I feel the same.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I didn't reply to this before? Maybe there was another thread with a similar title. I think the increased sweating is due to blood sugar spiking and affecting the autonomic nervous system. If you walk around for a few minutes after eating, sweating is less likely to occur. My theory is supported if the sweating happens more with simple carbs than with complex cards.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down