Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My Diet - Thoughts? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Diet - Thoughts?

+2
ngb
Joey
6 posters

Go down

My Diet - Thoughts? Empty My Diet - Thoughts?

Post  Joey Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:01 am

Over the last month I've really worked on trying to sort my diet out and have stuck to the list below:

Meats
Fish (Usually go with Wild Alaskan Salmon but now and again will have some cod and haddock)
Chicken
Not a massive fan of red meat but I do have it now and again usually lamb and beef

Poultry/Dairy
Eggs
Cut out milk completely with no substitute although I do use unpasteurised butter

Fruit and Vegetables
Spinach
Kale
Broccoli
Celery
Carrots
Beetroot
Sweet/bell peppers
Papaya
Avocados
Mangoes
Pineapple
Strawberries/Blueberries
Banana
Apples
Occasional melon/watermelon
Lemon/Limes

Plan to mix a few other vegetables in for variety going forward. Keen on sea vegetables

Snacks
Hummus (crushed chickpeas with lemon and a little garlic)
Olives
Pumpkin Seeds
Dates
Figs
Pistachio Nuts
Brazil Nuts

I stick with water most of the time however I do like apple juice (realise high sugar content and issues linked with arsenic content) and drink it however try and limit it where I can. Was never a big coffee drinker but I've also cut out tea. On the subject, has anyone come across coffee made from date stones? I'd like to give it a go but not easy finding anywhere that have it. I've always been teetotal and don't smoke.

I also take a Spirulina with breakfast, Brewers Yeast with lunch and Flaxseed with dinner. A lot of my vegetable consumption is raw although I do have it cooked to. Olive oil is what I use for cooking, occasionally butter. 

I do feel a difference since I've changed diet. Not huge changes but subtle differences for the better. In term's of appetite, I've noticed I feel far more content and have less urge to snack (maybe the fibre from the veg?). Just wondering what peoples thought were on my diet and whether there are any deficiencies in terms of nutrition or something that could be added to enhance it.

Joey

Back to top Go down

My Diet - Thoughts? Empty Re: My Diet - Thoughts?

Post  ngb Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:22 am

Looks pretty good to me.  No grains, no potato, no rice, no legumes (except garbanzo beans).  You could add in coconut oil.  Maybe mushrooms?  You'll be able to find someone who can explain why every food on that list shouldn't be eaten but if everyone ate like that we would be in much better shape.  Ray Peat would tell you that Avocado's cause cancer for instance.  If you add up all of the vitamins/minerals/fatty acids/amino acids I doubt you would need to supplement much, especially with the Brewers Yeast.  You could now make sure you are eating the right versions/preparations of each food.  Organic fruits and veggies.  Free range organic chicken.  Grass fed beef.  Don't cook the egg yolks.  I would consider trying clarified butter (ghee).  I've been eating peas lately just warmed up in a pan with a little ghee or coconut oil.  Try not using a microwave.  I'm sure someone will tell me why I shouldn't eat peas.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 am

so is this paleo?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 am

Try to add in squash, zucchini, parsley, romaine, chard, cucumber, ginger, pear, wheatgrass, and maybe some vegan recipes that wouldn't cause inflammation.

So far, your diet looks pretty good.

EDIT: Almonds.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 am

I think all almonds are pasteurized even if the label says "raw".  It's pretty hard to get raw almonds.  I'm not sure how big of a deal it is but I know a lot of health nuts are into the sprouted nuts and seeds and almonds won't sprout.  Maybe the oils are damaged during the pasteurization process?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  therapeuticglamour Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 am

Having problems with my diet, i always make a plan of doing it but never do it because every time I crave for something I'll just let myself eat what I want.

therapeuticglamour

http://www.therapeuticglamour.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:05 am

isis wrote:so is this paleo?

I didn't really go out there to follow a Paleo diet to be honest, just kinda fell into it. I'm thinking of maybe introducing things like Buckwheat panackes so wouldn't really make it a strict paleo with that. May also experiment with coconut flour

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 am

therapeuticglamour wrote:Having problems with my diet, i always make a plan of doing it but never do it because every time I crave for something I'll just let myself eat what I want.

I am generally the same however after 1-2 weeks of sticking to the diet I am on, my craving for junk food really has just stopped in it's tracks and I'm not too sure why that is and certainly wasn't expecting it. It's really weird as I just don't have any urge to reach out for a bar of chocolate, biscuits, cake, crisps, fries etc.

My own incline is that it is down to the raw veg (extra fibre?). Can't really explain why, just that after I've had the veg, I feel content and have no urge to snack on anything. Like a switch has been turned off in my head with regards to food intake. I make a veg smoothie with spirulina in the mornings and find it keeps me going for longer compared to the bowl of oats i used to have. I've had days where I've been having the smoothie at around 8am and only start to get a little hungry at around 2pm.

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm

looks pretty good. i've heard someone, i think mercola say that eating fish can be bad because of the amount of heavy metals in it. honestly not sure of the truth behind this though. another good source of omega-3 is grass fed beef. i was actually shocked at how healthy it was. you could also look into almond milk if you are having milk withdrawls. i drink almond milk for the calcium content.

you might want to add in modified citrus pectin or humifulvate to counter possible heavy metals from fish.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down