Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet?

5 posters

Go down

Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? Empty Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet?

Post  hadrion Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 am

I'm wondering if anyone in here uses/used this diet.

The basic plan is Monday through Friday low carb, high protein and high fat (lot of red meat).

Then on the Weekends you eat carbs in abundance and load up on them and keep your protein and fat low in order to fuel your body for the rest of the week when you go back to low carb on Monday through Friday.

Just curious what IH and others think of this diet plan and if it has any merit.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet? Empty Re: Any thoughts on the Anabolic Diet?

Post  scottyc33 Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 am

I've been doing a high fat, high protein diet for a couple of weeks now, but I think I'm going to try carb loading on the weekends.

I'll let you know if I notice any difference in a few weeks.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 am

I've been on this diet four weeks, just some thoughts:

- Noticed no difference in hair quality, fallout, etc.. (I know that's the first on everyones mind)

- I've never felt better on a day to day basis. Eating just meat and greens just feels healthy for my body. I never get that bloated feeling despite eating a ton of food (see next).
- I'm a big, athletic guy, 6'5/240lbs.. in order to hit the calorie, fat and protein requirements I am eating close to 3lbs of beef daily.
- Carbs on the weekend are great because I go and enjoy meals out with my friends and family. Less restrictive than other diets I've been on.
- Muscle definition is up and I'm loosing weight in areas I've always had trouble with. Midsection, face and butt in particular.
- Muscle size and strength is about the same. I feel this is an achievement since I dropped creatine when I started the diet and typically I lose size/strength when I do so. I have a feeling if I added it back in now, I'd see gains on my baseline numbers.

- From time to time I get bad breath that feels like its coming from deep in my stomach. I hear this is from "ketones" and are a typical reaction to this type of diet.
- During the first 2 weeks there were times when I felt exhaustion like I never have in my life. This has disappeared.
- Carb weekends will make you feel sluggish but this is overcome with some will power.

Overall I'm loving this diet and plan on continuing it at least through the end of the year.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:26 am

hadrion - I think I do this kind of diet almost by accident, but with no particular intention. I'll treat myself to spaghetti and pizza, especially on the weekends and go through a usual high protein, high fat diet the rest of the time. In this way I never feel deprived of anything, I like it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 am

Good stuff. I think I'm going to try this by the guidelines in the book. This is pretty much how I eat as well and I like the idea of being able to use my carbs on the weekends in order to fuel the glycogen needed in the my muscles for the week.

I have the .pdf file of the book. I don't think I can attach it to this message (if I can tell me how), so if anyone wants a copy of it, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a hair issue to this. Back in 2000 I did Atkins for a summer and lost a lot of hair on the crown of my head. Upon stopping Atkins, my hair grew back in.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:23 am

I eat a lot less than I used to since killing off the majority of my Candida, and reasonably healthy. Usually eat out once a day (a good meal), and a couple protein shakes. Granted, I haven't been lifting much, so my body needs a lot less too. Muscle mass is slowly fading but hell, that happens when you're just building helmets and working all day, lol...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:15 am

Nid -- I'm more of a endomorph type and if I'm not training myself like a pack mule, I put on fat quickly so I have no choice. I literally have to do twice as much as a normal person to get lean. It's always been that way for me.

Lifting seems to be one of the better things for me when I need to shed/burn fat and keep myself in shape.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41 pm

hadrion wrote:Nid -- I'm more of a endomorph type and if I'm not training myself like a pack mule, I put on fat quickly so I have no choice. I literally have to do twice as much as a normal person to get lean. It's always been that way for me.

Lifting seems to be one of the better things for me when I need to shed/burn fat and keep myself in shape.

Hadrion,
You should try P90x. I've been doing ir for a couple of months and I'm pretty ripped - I look better than I did in college when I'd go on 8 mile runs and then play ball for 2 hours right afterwards.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:10 pm

scottyc33 wrote:
hadrion wrote:Nid -- I'm more of a endomorph type and if I'm not training myself like a pack mule, I put on fat quickly so I have no choice. I literally have to do twice as much as a normal person to get lean. It's always been that way for me.

Hadrion,
You should try P90x. I've been doing ir for a couple of months and I'm pretty ripped - I look better than I did in college when I'd go on 8 mile runs and then play ball for 2 hours right afterwards.

Scotty -- What's p90x? Is it a supp?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:24 pm

90 day workout regimen - it's tough but you get sick results.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=BBHOME_PARSEA_P90X

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 am

What is the difference between the anabolic diet and a ketogenic diet?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down