Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa)

+2
AS54
hadrion
6 posters

Go down

Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) Empty Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa)

Post  hadrion Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 am

Hey guys. My Mom's orthopedist wants to do knee gel injections as she's bone on bone in her right knee and it's causing her some problems going to down stair and down hills. She's already taking double strength Hyaluronic Acid, Krill, Antioxidant Boost. She says she has no pain, but she's weak on that leg and has trouble described.

Has anyone had or know anyone who had these injections and are they worthwhile? They won't do a knee replacement on her as she's 73 even though she's still very active.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) Empty Re: Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa)

Post  AS54 Fri May 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey Hadrion,

My grandfather had this injection done. It was very successful. It took away all of the pain and he was back to being active afterward. The only downside is they don't last forever. Now I'm not positive, but I want to say he had to have them done every few years, but don't quote me on that. I'd imagine (without actually looking) you could turn up all kinds of articles online as to the negatives of the injection ingredients or the procedure itself. But when you get to be that age, hell if it can get you back to operational when your mobility is next to nothing, I'd say its worth it. There are some joint problems that just aren't going to be cured with glucosamine and chondroitin.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa) Empty Re: Knee gel injections (Synvisc or Euflexxa)

Post  hadrion Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Anthony,

Do you know which specific injections your Grandfather had? I just want to know if they give Mom a choice which way to steer her. She'd be fine going back every 6 months if it worked and gave her relief.

I've been reading up on them and I think the thing she has going for her is she's not in tremendous pain from the bone on bone. It's more arthritic so I'm hopeful this can work and let her keep her mobility.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm really not sure which one, H. Sorry I couldn't be more help in that regard.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Hadrion, I remember having looked into this a few years ago, and it was supposed to be promising. I think at that time the protocol was something like injections every 6 or 9 months, if memory serves. If during these years the duration has been extended, it would be an improvement. My personal recommendation would be to avoid replacement surgery if it isn't absolutely necessary.

You may wish to visit kneeguru.co.uk forums and use their search feature, or actually ask your question, and you should get some solid replies with latest information.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  heisenberg Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Also look into PRP, it has shown some(more?) promise.
disclaimer: going to get rounds of PRP to the knee myself

heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm

heisenberg wrote:Also look into PRP, it has shown some(more?) promise.
disclaimer: going to get rounds of PRP to the knee myself

Thanks, heisenberg, that is interesting. Any link you'd recommend for information on this?

Bu the way, PRP has been in the news for hair too, as you may already know.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  heisenberg Fri May 24, 2013 6:49 pm

new user, can't post links, do a search on "prp cartilage" @ ncbi

heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri May 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  heisenberg Fri May 24, 2013 6:51 pm

also iagh . com (intra articular hgh) and regenexx . com (for stem cell based injections) but those have less safety records

heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks for the responses & those links guys. I will ask her osteopath about PRP injections. I'm just not sure they're readily done here in the US just yet. I won't let her get a replacement. There's no way she'll get through that rehab and I think her Dr. who has been conservative the whole time agrees with me. It's crazy because she's very strong, doesn't look her age thanks to years on some CS's supplements & knowledge I've gained here and tells me she has no pain in the knee. It's just that arthritic stiffness that Krill & Hyaluronic orally hasn't been able to fix. They worked for many years, but she can't go down stairs without leaning against the wall and that's a recipe for disaster.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Sun May 26, 2013 3:01 am

hadrion wrote:Thanks for the responses & those links guys. I will ask her osteopath about PRP injections. I'm just not sure they're readily done here in the US just yet. I won't let her get a replacement. There's no way she'll get through that rehab and I think her Dr. who has been conservative the whole time agrees with me. It's crazy because she's very strong, doesn't look her age thanks to years on some CS's supplements & knowledge I've gained here and tells me she has no pain in the knee. It's just that arthritic stiffness that Krill & Hyaluronic orally hasn't been able to fix. They worked for many years, but she can't go down stairs without leaning against the wall and that's a recipe for disaster.

i know a woman in her mid 70's that got a knee replacement, and she is doing extremely well. She was overweight and not particularly strong. She went into a rehab facility for two weeks after the replacement, and it worked wonderfully. Medicare covered the surgery and the rehab facility.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Tue May 28, 2013 1:47 pm

hadrion wrote:Hey guys. My Mom's orthopedist wants to do knee gel injections as she's bone on bone in her right knee and it's causing her some problems going to down stair and down hills. She's already taking double strength Hyaluronic Acid, Krill, Antioxidant Boost. She says she has no pain, but she's weak on that leg and has trouble described.

Has anyone had or know anyone who had these injections and are they worthwhile? They won't do a knee replacement on her as she's 73 even though she's still very active.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My mom has the same problem! the doctor said there was no more cartilage surrounding her knees..She got those weekly injections 5x and it did not help. Now the doctor is just suggesting replacement surgery.

Not sure what to do either.

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down