Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyYesterday at 2:18 pm by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyYesterday at 2:07 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyYesterday at 3:40 am by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How often should I wash my hair? EmptySat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyThu May 02, 2024 1:25 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How often should I wash my hair? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How often should I wash my hair? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
How often should I wash my hair? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 12:23 pm by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How often should I wash my hair?

+2
Duketronix
Growdamnit
6 posters

Go down

How often should I wash my hair? Empty How often should I wash my hair?

Post  Growdamnit Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 pm

I sweat everyday. At work I am sweating and 3 times a week I sweat at night during martial arts. How often should I shampoo my hair? Also, how detrimental is sweat to the scalp?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

How often should I wash my hair? Empty Re: How often should I wash my hair?

Post  Duketronix Wed May 22, 2013 12:08 am

Well it depends on your diet and how your systems are running because they decide what you will be seating out. Clean it as often as is necessary imo. Some days it feels like a water rinse will do, some days it needs a clean. It you're sweating a lot and putting topicals on your hair and have long hair you'll want to wash it more often probably. Then it also depends on what shampoo you're using i guess too since some are harsher than others.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 am

I use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint. Is it still good?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Mon May 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Growdamnit wrote:I use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint. Is it still good?

Dr. Bronner's is harsh stuff. I would not use it more than once a day. If you style your hair in the morning then shampoo in the morning and just rinse with water at night. If you don't style your hair, then just shampoo at night.

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue May 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Some days it feels like a water rinse will do, some days it needs a clean.

For me, I wash with with soap as soon as i wake up, then I usually do two work outs per day, so, to prevent inflammation from sodium chloride in sweat, I will use some water to wash it away. I will normally wash again in the evening 9with a little soap), as this is when a layer of sebum has built up throughout the day.

BTW In my mid 20's I started a traineeship as a physical exercise teacher / youth worker, and I had to regularly undergo strenuous exercises. I began to feel inflammation in my temples and crown but could not understand why this was at the time, although i fathomed that the daily exercises where causing it in some way.

After a few months of this intense inflammation, my hairline began to rapidly recede and i started to develop a balding patch at the back of my head.

Anyway, many years later, the very same thing would happen if i exercised very intensely. This frustrated me because i wanted a ripped body, but I kept losing my hair in the process, so decided to stop doing it.

Recently, i discovered the culprit which was causing my hairloss during heavy and continued exercise: sodium chloride in sweat.

When i worked as a physical exercise teacher, I was not washing this residue off my scalp after exercise and nor did i do so after any form of exercise after that. This residue built up on my scalp, inside the follicles, and began to inflame them.

But now, as soon as i've exercised and have been sweating, i now take some clear water and rinse the sodium chloride off my scalp. I have suffered zero inflammation since doing this, and I'm really happy that i can now work out as much as i want without the worry of losing my hair.

Also, the extra cardio is boosting nutrients and oxygenated blood to my follicles, so this is even better.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 am

I used to wash my hair daily. These days I might do it only once a week or so. In between, I will rinse with cold water or spray
it with Heritage rosewater or use a combination of apple cider vinegar and rosewater.

http://heritagestore.com/rosewater-w-atomizer-8oz-liquid.html

Ingredients: Vor-mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial), and Rosa Damascena (Hydroessential Rose) Flower Oil.

That vortexed/magnetized water seems to be very hair-friendly.

As has been discussed here before, cutting back or ditching shampoo can have good effects.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30337386/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/t/ditching-shampoo-dirty-little-beauty-secret/#.UaWOxZXjRz8
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  cosylin Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 am

I think wash hair 3 or 4 times is the best,don't wash it everyday ,it will hurt the scalp. Surprised

cosylin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down