Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How often to wash my hair EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How often to wash my hair EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How often to wash my hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How often to wash my hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How often to wash my hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How often to wash my hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How often to wash my hair EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How often to wash my hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
How often to wash my hair EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How often to wash my hair

4 posters

Go down

How often to wash my hair Empty How often to wash my hair

Post  huli Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Hey guys, seems like a pretty basic question but I want to know the thoughts of people whose opinions I respect. I am at a point where my sebum production is, I think, well under control. It seems I do not have to wash my hair everyday, in fact every third day seems to work best in terms of hair balance if that makes any sense. This is pretty much where I used to be well before this hair loss fiasco began. I think I can attribute this lack of sebum to the IH supplements in general and iodine specifically as well as things like the various topicals we've been experimenting with (see Prague's and Librarian's threads) and clay and lasers. My question is do I need to shampoo every day to combat hair loss? It seems if I do my hair just gets really dry and my scalp actually gets irritated. My scalp itch if I get it seems to revolve around it being aggravated by excessive attention to it rather than leaving it to find it's natural state. Apparently my hair loss seems to peak during those periods of irritation.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

huli

Back to top Go down

How often to wash my hair Empty Re: How often to wash my hair

Post  Crusher Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 am

My question is do I need to shampoo every day to combat hair loss?

huli,
in my opinion daily sebum removing is essential (even if your sebum production decreased in the past).

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 am

Crusher,
That is what I have been led to believe from the onset of my discovery of hair loss. However my experience has been daily shampooing, even with a mild shampoo eventually dries my hair and scalp and leads it to be more irritated and inflamed. This results in accelerated loss. Recently my sebum production has declined remarkably meaning it seems I can go a few days without accumulating much sebum and giving my scalp time to recover and find a natural state. I am wondering if doing so might be more beneficial, hence am inviting people to share their thoughts. Thanks for sharing yours!
Huli

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 am

huli - You've seen to have made your point ! as soon as you won't hear people that believe like you, you'll say you've tried daily shampoo that leads to dry scalp and condition of the scalp.
I think You've got the answer of that question. What is good for you is good for you bro !
Don't follow other people thoughts, trust your mind, feeling and experience.
I mean, it's a blog, people try to help people, with their experiments and experiences. It can be a good thing when someone's lost. you're not.

Trust your feeling about the fact your qcalp needs to rest. a cool scalp is a scalp without inflammation. Wel, still there is silent inflamation, but your solid diet and other supps is here to do the trick.

huli, you use IH's internals, others ( probiotics ?) that can help, use topicals, papain, bromelain, emu, laser helmet, iodine ( internal and topical i think ).
i mean, from my point of view, when you said you halted your hairloss, i'm very confused because i'd like to believe it's because of :
- papain + emul + HA
- Bromelain + ....
- laser helmet + clay
- Iodine

so if i read your thread, as i did, and because i've got a good memory ( with or without ALA/ALC , fuck them two ! ;-) i have good memory that's all !!! ) I would htink you stop your hairlos because of this, or this or this...well, in fact , i don't know, neither do you.

But you don't care, because the idea is that you feel it good.
It's getting bad when you feel it bad.

So trust me, trust you. Don't overdo your shampoo whatever people advice you, because you fell athat your scalp do not need it.

When i'm not lasering, i fell my scalp rests. I must rest thats calp longer because when i laser too early, the burn scalp cames in 5-6 minutes. The idea is that burn comes at 13 minutes, or never, that would mean that i have the good frequency.
Speaking about lasering, you can see that i still have no answers about the 20 minutes calculation and tht formula, which means according to me that even 5 mins can really do the trick WITH A 300 LASER MESSAIH at 0,75 inch. Its really powerfull for my sensitive scalp !
And yeah, from my experience, if this is what you wanna hear, scalp without sebum or a dry scalp is NOT A GOOD THING. and escpecially with your/my regimen.

Cheers.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:38 am

Hey huli,

I too believe that dry scalp isn't the most productive thing.
I suggest you stick w once in 2 days or once every 3 days schedule or just wash when u feel that u need to!
IME, excessive washing when you don't feel your scalp oily is counter-productive.It dries it out ,irritates it and perhaps as in ur case can aggravate micro-inflammation.
You can look for alternative washing methods like the castille soap or shikakai powder (that Prague suggests) ,they are more natural and devoid of chemicals that even the mildest shampoos have .You can try them out and see.
Since my hairloss began I keep fighting with a very oily scalp and hair too even after correcting my diet .I used to wash my hair once every 3 days before.
The only thing in my regimen that made a difference though re beating oiliness is brewer's yeast .Iodine hasn' helped...
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks, Edony. I am not sure what has lead to getting the oiliness of my scalp normalized. All I can say is it seems pretty normal now like it did a few years ago before I started to thin. It is funny that once I noticed my hair thinning and starting washing it every day (often with some pretty harsh shampoos at the beginning) my itch and hair loss really accelerated. Add to that a couple of commercial topicals I tried that had some harsh things like propylene glycol and I lost a ton of hair from say January to May. I backed off on some stuff in the summer and my scalp settled down and then in the fall winter I have got onto the more natural stuff like clay and stuff that Librarian and Prague recommended. Interestingly enough, I think the effect of lasers improved dramatically as my scalp calmed down. I know that lasers are anti-inflammatory and should help settle an aggravated scalp but when mine was really irritated that was when I used to get that "sunburned feeling.

I think I am going to worry less about sebum and dht accumulating around the follicles and just do what feels right. Hopefully, that will allow the supplements and diet to really take effect and I'll see continued normalization of my scalp. Have you been able to get any advice from CS or jdp about your situation?

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am

You do that man!
Also I should tell you that in the days that I feel most anxious about my hair and perhaps spending hours in front of my pc screen trying to find a solution,it's then when my oiliness hits the roof and I feel my scalp inflammed .Whenever I go out,get around w people and I just give my "thinking head" a break,everything seems under control,LOL
It's weird though that after my MPB kicked in,so did extreme scalp oiliness.It's likely that the cascade of effects that lead to MPB causes also an inflammatory hyperplasia of the sebaceous glands.What I always thought as a "hormonal imbalance."

No, I haven't gotten any help as I first need to post here of my current situation and list my blood work results.I just can t find time to make a new thread! Well,that also reminds me that I have to drop you a line,check your PMs ,sorry for the delay !
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down