Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss?

3 posters

Go down

Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? Empty Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss?

Post  Changexpert Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:03 pm

This may be a far-fetched question, but I am very curious about how other members will respond.
I used to wash twice a day (day/night). Then I saw no poo (no shampoo) treatment for hair loss and started washing my hair only once a day.
The maximum I could last with no poo method was a day, so I stopped doing it immediately. However, I continued with one washing per day.
After about a year, I feel that my scalp is less oily now, but I am inclined to say that switching to once per day resulted in more hair loss.
Of course, correlation is not equal to causation and maybe hair loss was inevitable regardless of whether I switched to one washing per day or not.

I realize that there is no consensus on this topic and here are the two sides of argument I found so far.

a. More washing -> oil stripped from the root more frequently -> more oil produced from the gland -> oily scalp -> hair loss -> less washing makes scalp healthier
b. More washing -> oil/other residue collected throughout the day is cleaned -> cleaner scalp maintained -> more washing makes scalp healthier

The difference between two theories lie in whether the amount of oil produced by the scalp is influenced by more washing or not. So here are my questions.

1. How many times do you wash your hair per day?
2. Which theory do you agree with more? If neither, what do you think is the best way to maintain scalp health?

Thank you for your response in advance.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? Empty Re: Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss?

Post  Biffy Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:15 pm

I wash 2 times or sometimes even 3 times per day. Washing frequency minimally affects your hair, though I think no-poo method won't do your hair any good it is a myth that washing is bad, you are better off with cleaning oil and gunk from your scalp regularly.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss? Empty Re: Does number of times you wash your hair in a day matter for hair loss?

Post  rofl Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:31 pm

i think it has no effect whatsoever. the oil glands produce the same amount of oil no matter how much u wash. if u dont wash, the oil may accumulate (if u have short hair) but ultimately u will just have oily hair, which looks thinner, and thicker looking hair if u wash the oil away. but its just cosmetic. the hair is still the same producing the same amount of oil. most people including me choose to wash daily cos it looks better.

youve fallen victim to another hairloss myth i believe.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down