Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A bit off topic --Sports injury related question

5 posters

Go down

A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  Empty A bit off topic --Sports injury related question

Post  nara Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 am

Hi all,

For the last couple of months I have been working out 4 days a week and if I have time on the weekends as well. I have this forever but it seem to be getting worst---- the moment I start my work out ( anything that involves leg movements) I have this horrible pain in my Shin ( regardless of the intercity , even walking is painful)--the pain is so intense that I have to take breaks constantly -- the pain goes away after 20 or 30 minutes -- Here comes the strange part , right after the pain is gone ,my leg from knee down feels like there is a bag of sand attached to it ( sooo heavy) and completely numb ----

I am very scared and want to know if anyone has experienced something like this and what do you think is the reason??

Many thanks
N

nara

Back to top Go down

A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  Empty Re: A bit off topic --Sports injury related question

Post  turbojet Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

Sounds like shin splints.

Focus on stretching you calf and foot muscles a lot and over time symptoms should subside. Magnesium oil is also great for sports related aches and pains.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

A bit off topic --Sports injury related question  Empty Re: A bit off topic --Sports injury related question

Post  manofmanytrades Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

For shin splints i've seen physical therapists use a little lotion and push their fingers with pressure down the muscles on both sides of the tibia, from knee to ankle. Do that for 4 or 5 minutes. It will probably be very sore, the method is very effective. Also look at involvement of low back, iliopsoas, and si joints on nerve impingement causing referred pain. If you can locate the problem area and it persists then look into prolotherapy or neural prolotherapy.

manofmanytrades

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:06 am

If it's shin splints I've found the only thing you can do is stretch them and rest them for a few days. If you try to exercise through the pain they will take longer to heal. Biking or using an elliptical shouldn't aggravate them as much so just do that for a week if you have access to a gym.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:36 am

nara - It definitely sounds like shin splints. What kind of shoes are you using? Are they old and too broken in? If you can get yourself fitted for running shoes, you can alleviate this problem. You may be a pronator or overpronator and wearing the correct shoes can fix this. I use running shoes for activities even if I'm not running. The only time I'll wear flat shoes, like Vibram 5 fingers, are when I'm doing lower body power movements like squats and deadlifts.

I know a lot of people who use old shoes they've had for years who go out and injure their achilles or get plantar fascitis because the shoes were way past their expiration date. I've also bought the wrong shoes new for myself and suffered lower extremity setbacks.

The road runner sports website gives you an idea of how to determine what kind of shoe fits you best and then will show you a range of options you can look for online or in the stores.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nara Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 pm

hadrion wrote:nara - It definitely sounds like shin splints. What kind of shoes are you using? Are they old and too broken in? If you can get yourself fitted for running shoes, you can alleviate this problem. You may be a pronator or overpronator and wearing the correct shoes can fix this. I use running shoes for activities even if I'm not running. The only time I'll wear flat shoes, like Vibram 5 fingers, are when I'm doing lower body power movements like squats and deadlifts.

I know a lot of people who use old shoes they've had for years who go out and injure their achilles or get plantar fascitis because the shoes were way past their expiration date. I've also bought the wrong shoes new for myself and suffered lower extremity setbacks.

The road runner sports website gives you an idea of how to determine what kind of shoe fits you best and then will show you a range of options you can look for online or in the stores.

Hi everyone,
thanks so much for taking the time to respond - You have a good point there hadrion but I bought brand new shoes which are specially for running and I even weare those when I am kick boxing and wieght lifting squats etc becuase they are supper comfy.... I totally agree that the wrong shoes can do alot of harm but I doubt pain I have is becuase of my shoes---- For the last few days I noticed a bump on my shin which gets bigger and swells alot during running and thats the place where the pain actually starts and it goes down till the ankel.
I have GP appointment this Wednesday and hoping he can tell me a bit more what could be the reason--I have to run 16Km on 2nd of June , any advice if I should still go ahead with it ?

Many thanks everyone.

Nara

nara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down