Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Off topic but health related.. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Off topic but health related.. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Off topic but health related.. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Off topic but health related.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Off topic but health related.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Off topic but health related.. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Off topic but health related.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Off topic but health related.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Off topic but health related.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Off topic but health related..

+2
sanderson
IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow
6 posters

Go down

Off topic but health related.. Empty Off topic but health related..

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 am

I got an issue that is off topic but is health related and am seeking a natural route (if possible)  to at least salvage what is left and maybe even get some improvement.

This is a dental issue, and a bad one. Years of stress, bad diet and sugar intake, plus smoking has destroyed my mouth. Due to stress I have also been a bit negligent on dental hygiene when I was younger. I don't have the money to visit a dentist, but that may be my only option one day down the road as I see the situation progress.

I have 1 missing tooth, two broken teeth, several large cavities, and brown stains along the gum line of some teeth which started off as white then darkened as the situation progressed. My gums are a whiter color than they should be and slightly receding in some areas. Swelling and bleeding is gone since I started being more active about the situation. It is stressful to think about, and hard to describe this and talk about. Gross. Sorry I should have prepared you guys for that. When people see me they seem to think I have healthier teeth than I do. I even get complimented and i just want to say hey take a closer look idiot! Idk what to do and can't get any sound advice. If I talk to my family or friends or gfs about it, which is hard to do all they say is you look good, just get a cleaning, get fillings, etc..they heavily rely on the system. Idk if a dentist is the best way and all the research I do on my symptoms leads me to the ADA indoctrination BS of rat poison, mercury, and anesthesia.

Going to the dentist after a 10 year absence would be hard, plus I think they're just more about revenue generation rather than dental regeneration. I do not have much confidence in this system. Especially a system that takes care of illegal immigrants free of charge to them while I pick up the bill.

I have no idea what to do and there's a lot of knowledgable guys here so I figured I'd ask. I know I need to cut out the coffee and smoking which is triggered by stress, have less sugar in my diet, and stuff of that nature. But is there anything I can take or do to keep this filth in check or even reduce it? I guess the good news is I don't worry about hair at all because this is a lot more bothersome to me. I do realize a lot of dental stuff is dietary, which agrees with my belief that dog food is safer and healthier than most human food available.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Off topic but health related.. Empty Re: Off topic but health related..

Post  sanderson Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 am

i would start by following groupon or livingsocial and jump on any dental cleanings that come up.. usually they show up for 20-40 bucks or something along those lines.. it's imperative to get those cleanings.. they can help a lot.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:01 am

Thanks man.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Post  rob PHH Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:21 am

Have you thought about trying oil pulling for a couple months? It's inexpensive and may help. I haven't looked into a ton of the research, but you could read through this post for helpful info:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t8192-side-effect-of-oil-pulling-with-coconut-oil

I've heard of people having a lot of success with coconut oil.

rob PHH

https://perfecthairhealth.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:29 pm

rob PHH wrote:Have you thought about trying oil pulling for a couple months? It's inexpensive and may help. I haven't looked into a ton of the research, but you could read through this post for helpful info:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t8192-side-effect-of-oil-pulling-with-coconut-oil

I've heard of people having a lot of success with coconut oil.

Good advice..that is one of the things I've been doing..I've been using sunflower oil and sometimes olive oil..I even brush my teeth/gums with it, massage my scalp with it, sometimes even style my hair with it or use it as a shaving lube or take a swig out of the bottle for the nutritional value. I'll have to give coconut oil a try next time.

I guess so far what I have found most helpful was the most simple which is rinsing my mouth with water after eating or drinking anything. Brushing my teeth with bar soap has also really helped my gums and the tooth surfaces along the gum line. Was thinking of getting a waterpik and using diluted peroxide with it to help keep underneath the gums clean.

I am just trying to keep as much junk off my teeth as possible and eat foods that promote healthy teeth, as well as cutting out a few things that were killing me. I waited way too long to take action and it really is amazing how things are not worse than they are considering how my diet was as well as my brushing habits.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Post  rob PHH Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:13 pm

I would definitely keep sunflower oil off your head and away from your mouth.

Sunflower oil has an awful omega 6:3 ratio. Continuous sustained ingestion of a high omega 6:3 ratio (10:1, 30:1, etc.) is associated with internal inflammation, atherosclorosis, and a boatload of other problems. Here's an article:

http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick

In some cases, the ratios might be slightly misleading. They're all in percentages and not in absolute grams/serving. For example - in the case of coconut oil, listing the % ratio of omega 6:3 would be misleading because the 6:3 ratio is also bad. However, the total amount of omega 6's and 3's in coconut oil is very small. Coconut oil is made up primarily of saturated fat, with a very small percent being polyunsaturated. That's why it's solid at room temperature.

In the case of sunflower oil, you're looking at nearly 30% of the fat being polyunsaturated:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/7945/2

I'd say switch to coconut oil and throw away the sunflower altogether.

rob PHH

https://perfecthairhealth.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm

fwiw.. i did oil pulling daily.. only to find out a few months later i had 3 cavities after never having cavities in my life before.. not sure what happened... also killed flouride toothpaste at that time.. :\
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  miki9 Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:23 pm

I believe that oil pulling have some health benefits, but, like sanderson, I can't report any progress after a year of doing it.

If you decide to start this, use sunflower or sesame oil. Quote: "We have observed that any oil other than SUNFLOWER or SESAME may not be effective".
http://www.oilpulling.com/index.htm

Cold-pressed sunflower oil is also anti-DHT according to CS, and is good for cleansing the skin and scalp as a carrier oil.
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

You can find all of the above and much more on this site. Unfortunately you need a archeology degree for that Wink

Last edited by miki9 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

miki9

Back to top Go down

Post  liza21 Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:15 pm

You should make an appointment with professional dentist and you should avoid smoking, brush your teeth twice in a day.

liza21

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 pm

After reading Cure teeth decay, i find interesting these ideas:

- washing you teeth with pepermint and salts while  being gentle to not harm the enamel
- avoiding grains or prepare it to remove percents of phytic acid (soaking enzymes - phythases can be bought)
- find out herbal product for tooth infections that works
- keeping calcium to phosphorus ratio 2,5 vs 1
- another minerals important are magnesium, copper, manganese, iron
- well known vitamins as A, D, K2, C for gums as well
- ubiqunol is an option for gums issues.
- temporary fillings are also an option to slow the decay while addressing the teeth with nutrition
- root canals need to be addressed sooner than later
- keeping your blood suggar low as possible is needed, he recommends being low on carbs and sweets (small amount of honey is exception).  I oppose as there are different ways to keep your insulin in check. Beside there are starches that dont contain phytic acid, and preparation of grains and beans can make a difference. Also CS's recommendation with ALA+ALC, benfotiamine, chromium, vanadium, bioflavenoids are all options here; also exercises,...
- amalgams need to be addressed
- rinsing teeth after eating acidic
- consuming plenty of bone broths and fully cooked vegetables as well as meat (raw is ok)
- xylitol is addressing bacteria but is no of real use in tooth care
- baking soda alone wont fix the PH of environment

Beside it, i find Novamin tooth paste quite usefull, mixing less than drop of origano oil or iodine to your toothpaste or mixing it with oil to do the oilpuling. I regularly use MgCl2 for rinsing and find it actually.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks all. Except I never knew the sunflower oil to be harmful..if I let some sit on my scalp 10-15 min before washing out, the next day my hair feels and looks incredibly soft and I hardly shed for days. I also read it was anti DHT..but I will look further into that. I saw CS mention using it for pulling..it is less harsh than others I've tried.

I've been using either sunflower oil or olive oil as a shaving lube as well and my face looks about 3 years younger within months since giving up supermarket SLS shaving cream. And the sunflower oil has been a pretty good styling product for me because I have short, sort of puffy hair and like to keep it down. Plus when I wash it out my hair looks incredibly healthy.

Sanderson..I am not certain, but I think giving up fluoride may be why you got cavities..I have heard discontinuing fluoride abruptly does have its risks because the teeth may get 'softer' at first. When I stopped using fluoride paste/rinses I weaned off them replacing them with either baking soda or unfluoridated water and supplemented my diet with cod liver oil, and vitamin c.I now am free of fluoride. I notice improvement in mood, and mental clarity since stopping. I am also more assertive and confident! Also I think rinsing the mouth extremely well after pulling is important because of all the filth absorbed in the oil..I rinse for the next several minutes after..I imagine if any of that junk is left behind in the mouth it could be really bad.

I will check out some of that stuff you listed Beesbrox, thanks. It looks promising and I have actually been considering k2 supplementation also for the hair benefits as well as oral. As you mention baking soda may not entirely address ph issues, but despite what I've been told by dentists when I was young, I find it LESS abrasive than tooth pastes and it preserves fresh breath longer than supermarket mouthwash. My breath smells like nothing even in the morning after rinsing before bed and it has also made my teeth slightly whiter. If I don't use baking soda I will use heavily diluted food grade peroxide or just plain water to brush and rinse and it is amazing how well just plain water cleans.

I just think due to the slow nature of decay, hair loss, whatever it may be..it is a slow process because our bodies are fighting against it. So I think that these sort of things are reversible or at least we can halt the issue if we give our bodies a chance to function as they were intended. I like to think of the human body as a healing machine.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down