Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Lugol's Iodine - A Warning EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lugol's Iodine - A Warning

4 posters

Go down

Lugol's Iodine - A Warning Empty Lugol's Iodine - A Warning

Post  ITITCHES Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 am

It's been two months now since I've started taking Lugol's - 1% pure solution, around 6-8 drops a day - and one day since I've stopped. Why? I'll tell you.

I found out I was slightly hypothyroid with my TSH hovering around 4 - The doctors wouldn't have it, but just as well as I wouldn't have them and their synthroid in any case. So I started up on Lugol's. At first, the only effect I've noticed were slightly more eyelashes ( ? ) and very vivid dreams. In time though, I've started experiencing amplified hypothyroid symptoms such as lack of energy and on the physical side - a slightly bulging neck. I'm not fat, I'm skinny as it gets, so why should my neckline be progressively dissappearing at 20? I'm still not sure it's due to my thyroid, as it could be the tonsils and/or my impacted wisdom tooth, but it was enough to kick me into getting another blood test done...

... Which was yesterday. Can you imagine my face when I saw my TSH at a goddamn 8?

I had doubts this would happen ever since I found out Hashimoto sufferers get an adverse effect to iodine. I can only hope I don't have Hasimoto's, despite the signs, as I really do not have the means to battle it in my neck (no pun intended) of the woods.

Conclusion: Don't fuck around until you find out exactly *why* you're hypothyroid - or if you are, at all.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Lugol's Iodine - A Warning Empty Re: Lugol's Iodine - A Warning

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 am

ITITCHES - TSH typically rises "way out of line" temporarily with Lugol's. You might want to get a second opinion because doctors in general rely too much on out dated information. It is contraindicated if you're allergic which symptoms appear quickly.

With Hashimoto's, it usually a sign of a severe deficiency of iodine, so working with a doctor who is knowledgeable about this rather than a doctor who will readily write out a prescription for synthroid.

If Hashimoto's if a factor, look out of wheat/gluten intolerance, check iodine levels and take selenium.
When there is not enough selenium and iodine that is what usually causes "autoimmune thyroiditis" (Hashimoto's disease).

I would suggest reading Dr. Brownstein's book called "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It" In Chapter 6, he explains why Hashimoto's is an iodine deficiency.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Lugol's Iodine - A Warning Empty Agree with CS and more iodine info

Post  curt504 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Here's an iodine research site who's author assembled alot of iodine research in an effort to preserve and make it more accessible to internet searches.

http://www.iodine4health.com/basic/books.htm

Most folks take iodoral to get iodine as well as iodide, for both bathways.

http://breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html
http://breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

I take 25mg of iodoral daily as a general maintenance protocol. Women need more to much more depending on their iodine storage status.

I've heard Dr. Brownstein speak twice and watched the videos of the last Drs only iodine conference and there was mention of TSH running up and then coming back down after a month.

BTW here's a list of issues you need to read up on prior to taking iodine: heavy metals detox, bromide detox. Iodine can free up these toxics and cause negative symptoms as well as actual harm. Iodine is good, its all the bad stuff that your body has stored away from our modern toxic life and food sources that is the problem. I've read mention of "paleo - diet" here. Organic butter is probably the single most important food to eat from organic sources, preferably grass feed organic sources. Bio-accumlation of toxics by the cow into it's butter is the issue you want to avoid, as with all of your food sources. We like Kerrygold butter from Ireland as one widely available source.

BTW recent healthy TSH is <2.5, good Dr's will look for around 1 for best clinical results. 5 and above is way hypothyroid.

I believe reverse T3 is a better indicator of Hashimoto than just TSH.

c

curt504

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:54 am

Thanks for the concern guys, but I did give it a lot of time. 2 months to be precise, as stated already.

You see,

You might want to get a second opinion because doctors in general rely too much on out dated information.

*I know*. As said, I've been to the doctor's and as far as they're concerned my symptoms and blood tests mean absolutely nothing and I'm fine as a whistle. But I don't got a second opinion. I've tried homeopathy, thinking it's cheap and can't hurt, but it sure didn't help either.

I've read up a lot on iodine so I'm more or less familiar with the information you've provided. I've given it a shot as a last resort and it made things severly worse, despite the time I've given it. I really can't risk it any further. Just how long is temporary, you know?

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:26 am

ITITCHES - I found this yesterday on the bit torrent search engines.

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Iodine-The-Most-Misunderstood-Nutrient/3952ad34874320d635ff929696349f4cbe07aeb2fe59

It's a lecture by Dr. David Brownstein on iodine, it's pretty thorough and may answer some questions.

You might want to try the thyroid glandulars as well.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  curt504 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 am

Ititches I agree with your view that iodine is not a clear cut plus for hair loss and I've read that iodine suplimentation and dosages are very individual especially regarding resulting symptoms and benefits. From the iodine research I've read iodine can knock loose bromine and mercury depending on your toxic's storage status and this can be a source of negative symptoms of not feeling good. More free bromine and mecury can't be good for hair, inflammation and immune system.

If max hair where my goal I would attempt to normalize thyroid function with Armor or synthetic T3/T4 than try to enhance the receptor efficiency and thyroid glad productivity with iodine. If your body has very low stores of bromide and / or mercury you might be able to improve thyroid function without affecting inflammation etc (and other side effects of free mercury/bromide).

Personally I've had nil negative symptoms from 25mg of iodoral daily and am hypo thyroid seeking to keep my TSH in the 1-2 range with iodine and synthetic T3/T4. BTW Armor thyroid did not help my hypo thyroid symptoms and increased anxiety and night time heart palps. I take iodoral for it's neural / cancer protective effects plus the hormone receptor site activation (most sex hormones) and not hair.

C

curt504

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 am

ITITCHES--

With Iodine, it can take months. I, personally, feel that two months is still a considerably short period.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down