Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
stopping dut to have kids EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
stopping dut to have kids EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
stopping dut to have kids EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
stopping dut to have kids EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
stopping dut to have kids EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
stopping dut to have kids EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
stopping dut to have kids EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
stopping dut to have kids EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
stopping dut to have kids EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

stopping dut to have kids

5 posters

Go down

stopping dut to have kids Empty stopping dut to have kids

Post  ataman Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:47 am

Hi all,

Well, I've posted a couple times here before, but I'm back again now because I could really use some help.

Basically, I am desperate to get off dutasteride (married last year and kids - hopefully - next year) but am scared witless of losing my hair. As with many of you out there, I can't even begin to describe the effect that hair loss has had on me. Now 36 and been losing since 19.

The things is, my current regimen is working WELL. New hairs sprouting that had been gone for years. But in the meantime my libido has decreased and depression (not too serious) is becoming an issue. And most importantly my wife and I are thinking of trying for kids kids early next year, and I am taking no chances whatsoever when it comes to birth defects etc.

So, my question is, how the hell can I switch from dut to a natural alternative without my hair coming out in handfuls?

My current regimen is: dut every day; xandrox (minox + azelaic acid) morning and night; nizoral; lasercomb every 2 or 3 days; polysorbate 80 with niacin & biotin before showering each morning.

In all honesty, I'm not even sure how much the dut is doing for me now. I'd started to shed a bit and it seems to be the polysorbate 80, added a few months ago, that has really given me a kick start...but everywhere I look, the concensus seems to be that if you stop dut, you lose hair.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much.

ataman

Back to top Go down

stopping dut to have kids Empty Re: stopping dut to have kids

Post  halfempty Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 am

I would personally definitely get off of DUT if you are going to have kids.

I just recently switched from DUT to FIN and yes, I am experiencing a shed unlike any I have seen before.

But I am NOT going to jump back on DUT. Fuck that. That shit is poison. It increases anxiety and depression. I don't want to be any more of a slave to my hair loss than I already am.

Maybe getting off of it slowly will help. Maybe watching your diet will help. Maybe this supplement or that supplement will help. MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE.

Nothing is certain with this hair loss bullshit. If I was in your situation it seems like a great opportunity to just shave it off and be free. But if you want to continue suffering with this and spending more money on it like me, I am sure the people on this board will have some information for you. They do know a lot.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 am

Ataman,

I'm in a similar situation to you. I don't take drugs for hair loss but I'm spending a lot of money every month on supplements and not seeing the ultimate result I wished I could see when it comes to my hair. When it comes to my health, I'm doing great but I'm not seeing the progress on my scalp and I feel as if I'm losing ground.

I'm a similar age to you and also married. My wife has told me many times that she doesn't care if I buzz my hair off so then it's all down to my own ego and sense of pride that having hair gives me.

I'm getting close to the point where I may buzz it off and just focus on being healthy.

It's a big decision and one not to take lightly, but if you're feeling any side effects from the drugs and you are thinking of bringing kids into the world it might be time to stop.

Especially the kids thing. If you are becoming a parent, it's not about you anymore. It's about them. If that's the case, your hair shouldn't even be an issue.

I'm thinking of buzzing it down for the summer and seeing if it's as freeing as I have a feeling it may be. I'm not going to be worried about styling it and who can see what, etc.

There's a part of me that doesn't want to think about hair loss anymore.

You're married dude. You're not out there trying to score (I hope) so if you're happy with your wife and feel secure and everything your hair doesn't matter.

I'd get off that shit, try some of the supps and see how it goes. If it's a horror show and your hair is coming out like crazy, buzz it off and be done with it all.

Life goes on man. You'll still be you and you'll be off a drug that is fucking up your sex drive and causing depression for you.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:06 am

ataman - Pueraria Mirifica would probably be a great replacement for Dutasteride. I would suggest taking 250 milligrams of Pueraria Mirifica for a few weeks before you drop the Dutasteride. But as you include Pueraria Mirifica, reduce the Dutasteride dose gradually. At the same time, you could take Arginine Pyroglutamate, which will compensate for the lack of nitric oxide due to the Dutasteride.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:45 pm

On Another note - you potentially need one shot to get the baby going, time it right - plan it right, stop the medicine may be few weeks earlier and sow your seed. What is the half life for Dut? may be 72 hours?

Why do you think you need 6 months to get it in there?

Unless you are an insurance agent and are plotting the permutations and combinations and statistical analysis of getting her knocked up ~ odds are you may get it in the 1st cycle...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Dutasterides half-life is pretty long up to 5-weeks.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ataman Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:02 am

Guys,

Thanks so much for your input. The shaving thing I have considered more times than I can remember. - My wife has also said that she doesn't care either way, but unfortunately I'm not sure that I believe her...

Its slightly complicated by the fact that I can currently get away with looking like I have a full head of hair, but if it gets shorter than about 1/2 an inch, it becomes visible that I have lost hair. So not only would I be shaving my head, I would also be announcing to the world that I've lost hair.

Quite honestly, for me the ideal solution would be for me to flick an 'I don't care' switch in my head. I.e. 'I don't care if lose hair, I'm still a great guy, and its all about how I act, not what I look like'. But sadly I am not a confident person, and even before hair loss I was not a confident person. So although I'm not particularly young any more, looking good is still important to me.

This was really just a thanks for the input, I don't want to digress too far from the purpose of the forum. I am going to get off dut one way or another to have kids, but sadly am not ready to throw in the towel on my hair just yet. Going to do a lot of research into results from PM (thanks IH/CS), build myself a serious laser helmet, and basically start looking into all available natural alternatives. If I remember I'll post back here at the end of the year with an update when either way I'll be off dut.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down