Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mercury issues... results after stopping IH?

+12
Project: JS
big mike
NeoGenesis
Paradox
MasterExploder
LittleFighter
kijumn
jobey
CausticSymmetry
youngbalder
Warren
sgtiger
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? Empty Mercury issues... results after stopping IH?

Post  sgtiger Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:29 am

So... I'm not sure if this means anything, but once I stopped taking many supplements under the top 6 (specifically ALA & ALC), my skin and hair began improving. Mostly my skin though.

Which makes me wonder... I have about six amalgam fillings. And then I read in some places that taking ALA & ALC with mercury in your body, and a constant source of new mercury such as fillings, is very dangerous.

I dunno, maybe a warning should be put on the main dosing next to ALC & ALA for those with amalgam fillings.

I could be just crazy tho?

sgtiger

Back to top Go down

Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? Empty Re: Mercury issues... results after stopping IH?

Post  Warren Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 am

sgtiger: From what I've read, you should never ever take ALA or any other chelating substance (ie DMSA, DMPS) while you still have amalgam fillings. This could leak mercury all through your body and do a lot of damage.

sgtiger wrote:So... I'm not sure if this means anything, but once I stopped taking many supplements under the top 6 (specifically ALA & ALC), my skin and hair began improving. Mostly my skin though.

Which makes me wonder... I have about six amalgam fillings. And then I read in some places that taking ALA & ALC with mercury in your body, and a constant source of new mercury such as fillings, is very dangerous.

I dunno, maybe a warning should be put on the main dosing next to ALC & ALA for those with amalgam fillings.

I could be just crazy tho?

Warren

Back to top Go down

Mercury issues... results after stopping IH? Empty Re: Mercury issues... results after stopping IH?

Post  youngbalder Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 am

Warren, Sgtiger- What is amalgam fillings? I have a mouthful of fillings i need remove and im probably going to very soon.

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:31 am

youngbalder - Amalgams are mercury fillings. If you get them removed, it's critically important to find a dentist who specializes in the removal using the most careful methods possible. If it's done wrong, and most dentists perform it incorrectly it will cause residual problems for years.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  jobey Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 am

So should people with mercury fillings avoid ALA? Surely that rules out most people from taking ALA??

jobey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:27 am

Can you use Lipoic acid if you have Mercury fillings? The answer is yes.

Should you use lipoic acid during post removal of Amalgams or during DMPS or DMSA? Then answer is no.

The real problem is with mercury amalgam removal. It is virtually impossible to avoid residual contamination during removal and there will be a time when mercury is free flowing. During that post removal period, lipoic acid should be avoided for a time. Read this piece below for a similar point of view.

http://www.alternative-doctor.com/dentistry/merchelation.htm

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jobey Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 pm

CS - Do you have mercury fillings? Is it best advised to leave alone and chelate with ALA?

jobey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:17 am

jobey - It's difficult to answer. What I can tell you is that removal is very tricky. Most dentists do not use the correct method and even when the safest procedures for removal or performed, there is a residual effect that can leach all kinds of mercury through the tissues. For some months following this procedure is when you would want to be abstain from lipoic acid. If you do not get them removed, lipoic acid is safe.

If fillings are desired avoid mercury and use something else instead.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jobey Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:24 am

I recently read some of Andy Cutler's views on this subject. He said that supplementing with ALA whilst having amalgam fillings will result in mercury being drawn from the fillings and other tissues and being deposited in the brain. Is this likely in your view?

jobey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:59 am

jobey - My view is that lipoic acid is protective against mercury present in brain tissue. There are other detoxification agents such as NAC, and cysteine that present a danger in terms of mercury transport. It hasn't been proven yet that lipoic acid removes mercury from the brain, but there is only evidence that it protects against mercury already present in brain tissue.

If mercury in the brain is a concern, I would recommend the use of Humifulvate. This is by far the most safe, effective and inexpensive way to removal mercury from the brain.

Toxicology. 2007 May 20;234(3):145-56. Epub 2007 Mar 1.

The role of thiols, dithiols, nutritional factors and interacting ligands in the toxicology of mercury.
Rooney JP.

Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland. jrooney@rcsi.ie

Mercury has been a known as a toxic substance for centuries. Whilst the clinical features of acute mercury poisoning have been well described, chronic low dose exposure to mercury remains poorly characterised and its potential role in various chronic disease states remains controversial. Low molecular weight thiols, i.e. sulfhydryl containing molecules such as cysteine, are emerging as important factors in the transport and distribution of mercury throughout the body due to the phenomenon of "Molecular Mimicry" and its role in the molecular transport of mercury. Chelation agents such as the dithiols sodium 2,3-dimercaptopropanesulfate (DMPS) and meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) are the treatments of choice for mercury toxicity. Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), a disulfide, and its metabolite dihydrolipoic acid (DHLA), a dithiol, have also been shown to have chelation properties when used in an appropriate manner. Whilst N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and glutathione (GSH) have been recommended in the treatment of mercury toxicity in the past, an examination of available evidence suggests these agents may in fact be counterproductive. Zinc and selenium have also been shown to exert protective effects against mercury toxicity, most likely mediated by induction of the metal binding proteins metallothionein and selenoprotein-P. Evidence suggests however that the co-administration of selenium and dithiol chelation agents during treatment may also be counter-productive. Finally, the issue of diagnostic testing for chronic, historical or low dose mercury poisoning is considered including an analysis of the influence of ligand interactions and nutritional factors upon the accuracy of "chelation challenge" tests.

Below is an earlier review on lipoic acid and mercury along with other mercury treatments.

http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/7/6/456.pdf

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:14 am

Great link CS!

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you're worried about mercury/amalgams, I'd highly recommend getting enough selenium as Selenomethionine for prevention.

I originally had a great article on the subject but I can't find it right now. Here's a good link for some basic information on the relationship though

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In scientific jargon, selenium has an unusually high "binding affinity" for mercury. In layman's terms, this means that when the two elements are found together, they tend to connect, forming a new substance. This makes it difficult for the human body to absorb the mercury separately. So when mercury "binds" to selenium, it's no longer free to "bind" to anything else -- like brain tissue.

The research world is still developing explanations for exactly how selenium cancels out mercury's potentially toxic effects, but most scientists accept one of two competing theories.

The conventional idea describes selenium as a sort of "mercury magnet." Under this theory, once selenium is digested it can locate and neutralize mercury molecules. In one study, Japanese researchers found that adding selenium to the diets of birds "gave complete protection" from large amounts of mercury. Research carried out by scientists in Scotland and the Philippines has concluded that the relationship between mercury and selenium is one of "toxicological antagonism." And in the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency describes selenium as an element that is "antagonistic to the toxic effects of mercury."

The more recent selenium hypothesis holds that mercury takes a more active role in the relationship. Under this theory, when mercury enters the body it seeks out selenium and takes it out of circulation, preventing the body from creating enzymes that depend on selenium to perform their functions. Enzymes are special proteins that control the various steps in chemical reactions that make life possible. Without enough selenium-based enzymes, the functions of the brain and other organs can be affected.

While this might sound scary, problems can only occur if we don't get enough selenium to counteract the trace amounts of mercury in the fish we eat. And fish are so rich in selenium that this is not likely to happen. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has measured selenium levels in more than 1,000 commonly consumed foods, and 16 of the 25 best sources of dietary selenium are ocean fish. University of North Dakota environmental scientist Dr. Nicholas Ralston is an expert on the relationship between selenium and mercury. Here's how he describes it:
Think of dietary selenium as if it were your income and dietary mercury as if it were a bill that you need to pay. Just as we all need a certain amount of money to cover living expenses such as food and rent, we all need a certain amount of selenium ... Only one major study has shown negative effects from exposure to mercury from seafood, and that seafood was pilot whale meat. Pilot whale meat is unusual in that it contains more mercury than selenium. When you eat pilot whale meat, it's like getting a bill for $400 and a check for less than $100. If that happens too much, you go bankrupt. On the other hand, if you eat ocean fish, it's like getting a check in the mail for $500 and getting a bill for $25. The more that happens, the happier you are.

http://www.mercuryfacts.org/fselenium.cfm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 am

BTW, here is a good link regarding Cutler's information for those interested

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol#Treating_lead
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 am

jdp710 - That's an amazing point about selenium. All the evidence in cancer for example, shows that low Selenium in soil shows higher cancer rates in those regions. Since Candida is cancer and since mercury helps Candida flourish, that could be an important connection.

I'm glad you mentioned about the selenium and mercury factor. This adds more weight to this article here, which I originally intended to write in a blog, but I didn't since I thought it might have been too controversial.

This is from Robert Ferguson of the Center for Science and Public Policy.

Quoting from Robert Ferguson:

"In Japan, 87 percent of the population exceeds the EPA [mercury levels]. In Hong Kong, Chinese children have mean mercury hair levels [almost twice those of the EPA limits]. These children, like those of every high fish-consuming nation, seriously outperform U.S. children from grades 4-12 on international standardized tests for math and science. One key reason could be because they eat lots of fish!"

Ferguson said: "Study after study shows no adverse effects on children from maternal fish consumption as high as 12-14 meals per week. Only benefits have been reported, such as superior eyesight, higher child mental development scores, less hyperactivity, good heart and brain function and improved intelligence at 4 years of age."

The reality is that mercury poisoning isn't easy to get, and you're not going to get it from food, yet your dentist is a more likely source.

Mercury is abundant on the Earth, and it's certainly nothing to be afraid of. We live in a veritable sea of mercury, most of it naturally produced by nature, like volcanic eruptions, forest fires, and especially the oceans. The oceans alone contain millions of tons of mercury that have been there for billions, millions, or thousands of years (depending on your religion).

If you take a moment to look at the history of mercury for the past few thousand years, you will quickly realize that there is no problem. History indicates that methylmercury (MeHg) has been with us since "the beginning." That includes being present in fish and in people. Micro-traces of the potentially toxic form of mercury have likely been in fish tissue naturally since fish have existed. Studies examining mercury levels in tissue samples from fish from the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans dating as far back as the 1880s have found no trends of increase.

Let's go back a little further than this mere 150 years. In AD 400, there was evidence of "high" levels of mercury in human tissue. And Alaskan mummies dated from AD 1445 had mercury levels twice as high as pregnant women in Alaska today.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jobey Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:54 am

Thats good info guys, thanks for posting! I am currently considering getting my amalgam fillings removed, however, i plan to do this over a period of months.....possibly a year to minimise disruption to my body.

jobey

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 pm

CausticSymmetry, yup, that would definitely be pretty controversial, lol.

BTW, aren't the selenium levels in our crops lower today than they were in previous decades ... Very Happy

jobey,

Make sure you find a competent dentist to remove the amalgams.

Definitely do your due diligence in finding the right one.

BTW, here's a good portion of Andy Cutler's book for those interested

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZG9glNfif5YC&pg=PA17&lpg=PP1&dq=almalgam+illness&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:39 am

SGtiger- Question for you experience excessive itching and dandruff on your scalp with some IH regimen because of the mercury fillings?

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 am

jdp710 wrote:
If you're worried about mercury/amalgams, I'd highly recommend getting enough selenium as Selenomethionine for prevention.

jdp,

Isn't Methylselenocysteine better than Selenomethionine?

Different Forms of Selenium

Inorganic forms of selenium such as sodium selenite have proven more effective at fighting cancer than the commonly used organic form, selenomethionine, yet selenomethionine was more effective at increasing selenium tissue levels and glutathione peroxidase activity. Because cells cannot distinguish selenomethionine from the essential amino acid methionine, some selenomethionine becames incorporated into general body proteins, increasing tissue selenium levels.

Selenomethionine general proteins have no anticancer activity while sodium selenite is more frequently metabolized to the toxic metabolite hydrogen selenide (H2Se). Hydrogen selenide does have anticancer effects but it is more toxic than selenomethionine. Its primary mode of killing cancer cells (and at high levels, normal cells) is through the process of cell necrosis. Cell necrosis provokes inflammation and may kill healthy cells along with cancer cells.

More recent anticancer research has focused on the compound Methyselenocysteine. Methyselenocysteine is found naturally in some vegetables including garlic, brassicas, leeks, and onions, especially when these are grown in high selenium soil. Methylselenocysteine is easily converted to methylselenol which has been demonstrated to be an effective anticancer form of selenium. Rather than killing cancer cells by necrosis, methylselenol kills cancer cells through apoptosis. Apoptosis is a orderly process of cellular self-destruction that does not provoke inflammatory responses. Methylselenol is also known to inhibit angiogenesis in beginning cancer tumors. Angiogenesis, the creation of new blood vessels, is necessary for cancer cells to grow into a tumor.

Methylselenocysteine does not accumulate in the body and is considered to be non-toxic.

Or is it Selenomethionine more effective at protection against mercury toxicity?

Source: http://www.advance-health.com/selenium.html
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 am

Hey Littlefighter,

Yes, definitely selenomethionine over methylselenocysteine for heavy metals and mercury.

I'll post some articles in a bit.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 am

jdp710 wrote:Hey Littlefighter,

Yes, definitely selenomethionine over methylselenocysteine for heavy metals and mercury.

I'll post some articles in a bit.

Cool Cool

That'd be great... thanks!
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Hey Littlefighter,

I had another article regarding selenomethionine over methylselenocysteine (SeMC)in regards to mercury/heavy metals but I can't locate it right now. Here are some good links.

"One is as an antioxidant or detoxifier (Heavy Metals) and as a building block of proteins and enzymes. This form is stored in the format of Selenite and Selenomethionine by the tissue."

"Selenium from yeast (a combo of Elemental and Selenomethionine) is best only to be beaten out by the Brazil nut [selenomethionine] and SeMC."

"Conclusion: SeMC appears to be a great addition for those with a less than ideal Methylation Cycle, but in this form we don’t get the antioxidant, detoxifier, protein building and enzyme function and still require a second source as in Brazil Nuts [selenomethionine] or Selenium from Yeast."

http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=13,281,2962&q=580

"SeMC for fighting cancer and the other for Mercury detox."

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1158788#i

"semc is more specific to the cancer reducing task. add in iodine, and you want selenomethinine with its protective effects on the thyroid and proven chelation of heavy metals."

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1392398#i

"Selenium yeast is produced when selenium is naturally incorporated into the protein of growing yeast under optimum conditions. The resultant yeast has a high concentration of the selenium-containing proteins, selenomethionine and selenocysteine."

"Selenomethionine can also be converted in the body into selenocysteine to form the selenocysteine-specific proteins. "

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=967023#i

"There are a couple of ways to make Selenomethionine. The cheapest is to throw some elemental Selenium and bacteria into a container and let that convert it to Selenomethionine. It's not really normal yeast but OK we can call it yeast.

The problem occurs with the quality control in that process, a company without controls buying from the cheapest supplier (China) may sell you 50/50 elemental Selenium/Selenomethionine, they really have no idea how much has been converted nor do they test. However that same "ULTRA" cheap selenium from yeast can be 1/99 elemental Selenium/Selenomethionine as well they simply can't claim it on the label because they do no testing.

If you buy Selenomethionine NOT from yeast then a different process is used to ensure 100% Selenomethionine."

from second half of thread = http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1182734#i

a good quote quote regarding selenium, mercury and Iodine. If I had a silver/mercury filling, I'd make sure I took selenomethionine. Overfarming has depleted selenium levels in our crops in the past 40 or so years.

"For example, selenium will usually need to be supplemented, as selenium bound to the amino acid cysteine is how the liver extracts iodine for use by cells (it's called deiodinase by doctors) and mercury cripples deiodinase because of it binds perfectly to selenium and cysteine. Therefore you can have enough iodine stored in the liver but not be able to use it due to lack of selenium.

This is what happens in the case of the mercury caused hypothyroid condition they call Wilson's Syndrome. In Wilson's syndrome if your mercury burden is low, taking their timed release T3 will raise temp and it will sometimes hold. Too much mercury and lack of selenium (they go together) will also cause it not to hold, so I'm not sure how effective complete restoration of body temp would be with just getting mercury out and restoring iodine levels with Lugols. It may require much more, or at least some form of thyroid stimulation to jump start things."

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=986257#i
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterExploder Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 am

Hi guys,

I am going to have my 2 amalgam fillings removed on 12th February and after I read huge amounts of information on curezone and other sites I am pretty scared, what’s going to happen.

What measures should I take to minimize the effects of mercury on my body and to ease the further chelation? I read about active charcoal, vitamine C taken prior and after the removal. Also on detoxing your kidneys and liver before removal so that they can cope better with the mercury.

I am doing this removal because I suspect my candida (accompanied with thick tongue coating) is flaring up because of the amalgams.I read that candida is body's protection against heavy metals. I have experince - whenever I took selenium my white tongue was much much better, the same it is with chewing raw garlic(rich in selenium), but not for example with coconut oil which should be also strong antifungal/antibacterial.

I am plannig on doing the chelation after 3 months past the removal with Andy Cutler’s protocol, but what should I do in those 3 months, use selenium, chlorella, etc.?

Thanks in advance.:-)
MasterExploder
MasterExploder

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am

MasterExploder - Would be extremely cautious on your choice of dentist. The proper procedures are necessary to safely remove them without significant residual toxicity.

The ideal chelator is OSR (Oxidative Stress Relief). DMSA and DMPS I think are a huge mistake, would avoid these.

I have a recent blog somewhat related to this issue:

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2602828-why-you-should-never-get-a-root-canal

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am

Also, this is something I forgot to add:

One of the most effective methods to resolve mercury poisoning is the use of a relatively new fat-soluble antioxidant called OSR.

OSR is a product associated with Dr. Haley who has conducted research on the link between autism and mercury exposure, it is marketed as a generalized antioxidant.

OSR is generally only distributed through doctors. However, the following website will sell it to the public.

http://shop.startlivingwelltoday.com/products.asp?dept=47

What makes OSR remarkable is its ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) score, which is 192,400. This is extremely high when compared with blueberries which is well known for its high ORAC value of 2,400. Moreover, OSR is a fat soluble antioxidant, which is where the antioxidant activity really matters most, especially for mercury toxicity.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Since Candida is cancer and since mercury helps Candida flourish, that could be an important connection.

CS,

Would you mind expounding on that a little? You are saying cancer is a yeast?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm

jharsh80 - That's correct, cancer is a fungus called Candida albicans. When Candida converts to fungal form and permeates the gut wall into the bloodstream, it spreads its "spores" throughout until the body's natural glycoproteins can interfere with it. However, not everyone has sufficient glycoproteins to inactivate them, and if there is enough estrogens, mercury or other problems, the body could allow it to thrive.

Throughout our lives, we all get cancer, but most of the time the body fights it off well enough for the cancer to regress on its own. If not, then there is IV-sodium bicarbonate or other measures depending on the cancer.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next