Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hope renewed EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hope renewed EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hope renewed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hope renewed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hope renewed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hope renewed EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hope renewed EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hope renewed EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hope renewed EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hope renewed

+6
Delphine
ubraj
missymoo
gdfghh
nohairequalsnogirls
whodathunkit
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hope renewed Empty Hope renewed

Post  whodathunkit Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm hesitating to post this because I'm a little drunk and not sure how it will be received.

But I'm gonna.

Tonight, for the first time in literally YEARS, I fixed my 'do with hotrollers, no hairspray, went to a party, drank enough alcohol to render me unseflconscious of my hair (and many other things)...and I GOT AWAY WITH IT.

I wore my hair DOWN, and the couple times I did go to the bathroom (which was the only times I thought about my hair but I did not go to the bathroom for the express purpose of checking my hair)...my hair was fine. MY SCALP WASN'T SHOWING. Hair looked completely normal. I had it held back out my face with a little headband, but the fact that I used no hairspray and my vertex did not gradually become noticeable over the course of the hours in the evening is A BIG FREAKING DEAL.

Now, some of you may poo-poo this anecdote because I'm a woman. But I want to tell you that this is PROGRESS that I have never seen until I became a member of this board and began applying these various natural therapies.

Further, my hairloss is hormonal, same as any man. My loss is *hereditary*. My father was a cueball, and female hairloss runs in my mother's side of the family. When I started here, when my hair was wet it was difficult to tell my head from a man with NW 2 or 3 from me.

But that is changing. Slowly, and apparently even with the fact that I haven't been doing that well with my diet lately.

Maybe I won't ever completely cure my hairloss (that is, maybe I won't have the head of hair again that I had at 20 or even 30), but the progress that has been made and the fact that I was able to get through a night like tonight without pulling my hair completely up or using half a can of hairspray speaks volumes to the the miracles that can happen from using the information on this board. Three years ago if you'd told me I would go to a party with no glue in my 'do I would have asked what you were smoking.

Yet here I sit, typing this after the party, with my scalp still not showing. I know, cuz I just checked. Very Happy

The point to this, brothers (and the few sisters out there), is to not give up hope. DO NOT QUIT. We can achieve our goal of reversing hairloss naturally. It just takes time and an indefatigable attitude towards figuring what works for us as individuals. Would that what works were the same thing for us all. But it isn't. So we just can't ever quit trying if we really want to get our hair back.

Momentary despair is okay. Just DON'T EVER QUIT. Not completely. It works. I'm living it. My motivation is renewed. I wish that we all could feel this way.

That's all.

Except...

...Fredness the Belgianess or any other anti-natural therapy trolls out there: FUCK OFF. Don't bother replying. You can't shake the conviction. Go with your malice and your envy and SUCK IT.

Peace and groovy vibes to the rest of y'all... Very Happy

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Hope renewed Empty Re: Hope renewed

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Yeah I pretty much didn't care and stopped reading once I read you're a woman. Only men seem to have almost unstoppable hair loss

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 pm

nohairequalsnogirls wrote:Yeah I pretty much didn't care and stopped reading once I read you're a woman. Only men seem to have almost unstoppable hair loss

Mens' hairloss is just more noticeable. Being negative isn't going to help your case whatsoever, in any situation.

I'd like to emphasize the DO NOT QUIT part of the original post. Seems that people give up before results are even possible.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm

The only way to guarantee stopping male pattern baldness is to physically cut off thir balls. God is laughing at guys that bald because he only have us one solution to this ailment that makes us unattractive to females, and that is to turn us fucking into a female

Nonetheless, I'm trying to find at least 1% concentrated piroctone olamine shampoo to combat possible immunological aspects to it and possibly try topical zinc/pyroxidal/dmso (carrier) to try and slow down androgenic destruction..if I can find more unbiased testimonies for zix's success on mpb.

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

nohairequalsnogirls wrote:Yeah I pretty much didn't care and stopped reading once I read you're a woman. Only men seem to have almost unstoppable hair loss

go read some of the stories on womenshairlossproject and you might change your mind.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 pm

And congrats to you whodathunkit Very Happy

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Congrats whodathunkit!

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Glad you're doing better whodathunkit. I'm a girl too. I agree, we can turn almost anything around if we are determined enough.

I had telogen effluvium (hair loss after severe stress). It took time but I did turn it around. Mostly through dietary measures plus I do yoga including the headstand.
What did you do yourself?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  GotCurls Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am

missymoo wrote:

go read some of the stories on womenshairlossproject and you might change your mind.

While he was a bit... Blunt, he does have a point. There's a lot of info on heralopecia and soulcysters (hairloss session) that points to the occasional success story. Actually, most of the stuff I've tried comes from these forums, as I'm basically fighting insulin resistance (Alternate Day Fasting ftw) and trying to do away with vitamin deficits.

Men who actually have been able to do away with MPB are far more rare and between. Personally, I think I'm done with mine, mostly from brushing, but that's another story.

GotCurls

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 am

nohairequalsnogirls wrote:The only way to guarantee stopping male pattern baldness is to physically cut off thir balls. God is laughing at guys that bald because he only have us one solution to this ailment that makes us unattractive to females, and that is to turn us fucking into a female

Nonetheless, I'm trying to find at least 1% concentrated piroctone olamine shampoo to combat possible immunological aspects to it and possibly try topical zinc/pyroxidal/dmso (carrier) to try and slow down androgenic destruction..if I can find more unbiased testimonies for zix's success on mpb.

That sort of attitude will put off many, many more women than a lack of hair would. Men are a lot more critical of looks than women are.

You also gotta realize that hair loss is suggestive of a slow coming, gradual but total system failure. Testosterone is only converted to excess DHT in an inflammatory state, and T itself is very health promoting and necessary for healthy hair. Putting zinc on your scalp won't help until your body is working the way it should.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am

++1 Couldn't agree more, Satan. On behalf of women everywhere, thanks for pointing that out.

FWIW, I dated a guy when I was younger who started going bald while we were still in high school (I knew him but we didn't date until about six or seven years later). He was also kind of chubby. But this guy didn't give a shit, he was very popular with both sexes, a huge flirt, and after you talked to him for five minutes you just didn't notice his physical appearance (which wasn't bad, just not "ideal"). He was a great guy, lot of fun, lot of confidence, cocky but not obnoxious, and great in the sack even with average sized equipment. He never really had any problems with girls, and I had more fun with him than anyone I ever dated. He was a good friend and a great boyfriend. Still occasionally regret letting him get away and it's been a while. He's married now and got a kid, and I think his wife is a lucky woman.

Anyway, if anyone wants to discount what I say about my hair just because I'm a woman then I guess that's your loss (no pun intended). I am absolutely not kidding when I say my loss pattern looks like a man...when I posted pictures no one knew I was a woman, although I've mentioned it before and never hidden that fact. My loss pattern is EXACTLY like my father's loss, and I realize I was losing and not replacing hair for years before the loss really showed, simply because I had so very much hair to begin with and it's always been long.

I haven't done anything that's contributed to my success that I haven't learned from the guys on this board who have had success, and that includes diet modification (#1 priority), addressing gut issues, chelation, supplements, and manual methods. Interesting to note that finding the right diet not only helps your hair, but it typically eliminates an excessively negative attitude. Your outlook just gets brighter when you're eating in a way that supports your optimal biochemistry. It's a good side effect.

I'm still not out of the woods yet (midday sun and the wind are still not my friends, and may never be), but this bit of progress is very encouraging to me. I hope it can be to some of you guys, too. It might take men longer maybe you'd have to work harder, but it's possible. Unless, for example, you think posters like CS, rdkml, and a < r are liars.

Thanks for the props, rdk, missy, and Delphine!

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

Congrats!
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 am

Heh, I always had naturally fine and thin hair. Wanting to make the most of it, I investigated diet and other approaches from an early age. Been doing the headstand for decades,
I started because I heard it helped hair grow. Word: it does.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 pm

The thing is, you can only stop ugly girl repelling androgenic alopecia if you block androgens..just like the name suggests. Going bald does not indicate overall lack of health. it indicates the specific genetic tendency to lose hair on the top of your head and nothing more. My dad not surprisingly is bald and is much healthier than his two brothers, who aren't. my one uncle has no hair loss and is just about ready to die of immune problems and obesity. My dad is perfectly healthy and is slick bald. Its about the dkk-1 receptor activity, and possibly local immune system activity at the scalp, not overall health.

If you guys actually think male baldness is due to overall lack of health and that treating health problems unrelated to genetic baldness will help anything how do you think women will go for bald guys? Why would they want someone whose overall health was poor?

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

It's not just about how healthy you are (though that's important). As mentioned, determination plays a large part also.
Our minds are far more powerful than we know. IF you are convinced you are doomed to be bald because your dad is, then you will
likely experience that. Maybe your father's dad was bald and therefore your dad concluded he too would be bald. The "evidence" is staring
you in the face. But is it really evidence? Argue for your limitations and they are yours.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 pm

I really hope I'm not doomed to be bald but its looking that way right now. I can't imagine these slick bald guys sprouting full heads of hair just because of changes in diet and and because they "believe". It seems to be a trait that just kinda is determined by who you are genetically.

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 am

Well, are you here on this forum devoted to hair regrowth to moan about your certain fate as a baldie, or to make the leap of faith that you can
regrow hair (as others have done)?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 am

Delphine wrote:

Well, are you here on this forum devoted to hair regrowth to moan about your certain fate as a baldie, or to make the leap of faith that you can

I'm mainly just trying to delay the seemingly inevitable so far but no one here seems to want to discuss this scientifically instead of making totally incorrect philosophy based so called solutions. So far that is.

Its over activity of the dkk1 receptor and perhaps local immune activity on the scalp that causes androgenic alopecia. Now as far as herbals go I've heard bayberry can topically inhibit dht but that isn't scientifically objectively proven. If the claims on bay berry turn out true, that would only be one herbal that shows promise for male baldness, and only for delaying it not reversing.

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 am

You're not seeing the big picture here. It's really up to you to decide to turn this around or play victim to your genes.

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 am

nohairequalsnogirls wrote:
Delphine wrote:

I'm mainly just trying to delay the seemingly inevitable so far but no one here seems to want to discuss this scientifically instead of making totally incorrect philosophy based so called solutions. So far that is.

Its over activity of the dkk1 receptor and perhaps local immune activity on the scalp that causes androgenic alopecia. Now as far as herbals go I've heard bayberry can topically inhibit dht but that isn't scientifically objectively proven. If the claims on bay berry turn out true, that would only be one herbal that shows promise for male baldness, and only for delaying it not reversing.

This stance is really prevalent lately, the truth is that very little science has been talked about here lately and the real wealth of the forum is hidden in the backlogs of the pages trailing back years. We were the first to actively talk about DKK1 upregulation online, after the initial studies came out and then before. This affords those who read the old posts the longview, and the wisdom that comes with this. Too many users are symbolically reading three pages out of a five hundred page novel and declaring the book to be poorly written. why? Because this "book" is a damn complicated and long one to read.

Success depends on working smart on this site, not on how much money you spend or how many supplements you take.

"Know thyself"
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 am

To elaborate upon the wisdom gained from the longview, the longterm is what's important to keep in mind. What are the complications of using synthetic chemicals to alter nuclear receptors? What results will that have on backwards regulatory feedback mechanisms in relation to said tampering with receptors or hormones? Often cancer and insensitivity or over sensetivity to the target molecules. Inflammitory cytokines for instance reverse the effects of androgen receptor antagonists, which is I believe a major aspect of aga as inammation also upregulates androgen receptor transcription.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 am

Delphine wrote:
You're not seeing the big picture here. It's really up to you to decide to turn this around or play victim to your genes.

That assumes you can stop male pattern baldness.

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am

Luckily, you can. When we say many people here have, we aren't making it up.

Hell, my receding hairline has been clearly reversed, but I'm still diffuse around my ears. Although that finally seems to be slowing down.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  nohairequalsnogirls Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

Satan wrote:

Hell, my receding hairline has been clearly reversed, but I'm still diffuse around my ears. Although that finally seems to be slowing down.

You aren't connected to some herbal snake oil company are you...

In all seriousness, since I'm desperate to stop girl repelling baldness, what have you done to accomplish this, sir?

nohairequalsnogirls

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Satan wrote:

You aren't connected to some herbal snake oil company are you...

In all seriousness, since I'm desperate to stop girl repelling baldness, what have you done to accomplish this, sir?

The only supplement I take is vitamin D3. Just cutting processed food and grains out of my diet seemed to halt my hairline and the blood flow techniques discussed here eventually started showing me new hairs. What seems to be working for the rest of my issues is a Ray Peat inspired diet, which you can also read about around this website and many others. Basically lots of sugar in the form of orange juice as well as some plain old white sugar. Milk is good if you tolerate it but I can't bring myself there yet. Saturated fat is the healthy fat, polyunsaturated fat is an early grave. There's too much to explain in one post but the info is abundant. Google would help. I feel better than ever eating this way and I never crave bullshit.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next