Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch

4 posters

Go down

Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch Empty Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 am

I dont know about you guys, but I have a black list of foods that I strongly suspect
contribute or directly cause hair loss atleast in my case, in the form of inflammation in
the scalp: White bread and any cake product is bad and I entirely stopped consuming it. Processed meats like sausages bad as well. Most cheese product, the more aged the worse. Perhaps paradoxically home fermented milk (kefir) is no problem and I feel it is beneficial.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch Empty Re: Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch

Post  Prague Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:48 am

same for me cpio - pasteurised milk, cakes, sugar, bead and some cheese, saussige (goat cheese from raw milk is ok for me)

note that all of these are sweet (acidising foods) - i have a theory that acidic enviroment promotes hairloss via calcification, inflammatory and immunoresponse reaction

Prague

Back to top Go down

Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch Empty Re: Foods strongly suspected in making my scalp itch

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:31 am

Interesting thread; well for me pasteurized milk, cookies, cakes, and products rich in sugar.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 am

prague - you said "note that all of these are sweet (acidising foods) - i have a theory that acidic enviroment promotes hairloss via calcification, inflammatory and immunoresponse reaction"

Do you think that fruits, nuts (like walnuts, almonds) are acid(versus alkaline i presume...)...?
If so, they are also good for health, and therefore hair... isn't there a contradiction ?
I know that it's about a tuff subject for me to understand..those who are acid/alkalin etc....and i read recently about the slow, medium fast oxydation....

Are there any physical indicators to know which we are.... ( i read the thoughts on IH's site about " are you acid or alkaline, but...well...)

On my personnal experience, since i'm on IH AND especially on a very strict diet ( close to you, prague : fruits ( 4+ a day) , veggies ( 6 + a day, special ones : parsley, onions, garlic ( yeah yeah..), nuts ( walnuts, almonds etc...), protein (fish and lean meat),water (gren tea, etc...),brewer's yeast, NO WHITE BREAD but whole organic wheat bread, NO PROCESSED, INDUSTRIAL FOOD, NO SUGAR COMMERCIAL ewcept dark chocolate)
Well i don't speak about the IH's supplement i take but, i suspect my stool beeing much much more loose than before, and I suspect that all of this i very acid because it's very irritating...you know...And i'm not talking about the insides :the belly, or intestins or what...I'm lucky, i've never had problems of my life of hard digestion....

But, since that diet and IH's supps ( EC, turmeric, CLO, borage, ALA, multi Vitamin code, green tea) and 2-3 months on probiotics , i did not noticed any benefits....my hairs still fall...sometimes i feel like it stops but..no...and sometimes my scalp feels calm and cooler, but i have often like "pimples sensations and sebum sensations" on the scalp ( crown, top and frontal...well mpb )....along with itching... also many pimples on the front, near the eye brows and at the hairline....

Well, i wonder if at the end, i'm not a alkaline man, or at least if i don't crave for alkaline food ! I eat much more pasta, and other carbonates in the past....and sometimes found in the "industrial" foods...)
Oh, i eat green lens, quinoa, whole wheat pasta... from time to time....

Well....sorry for the lengh...but i'd like your opinion about that acid/alkalin view....perhaps willing doing smething good, i'm doing something bad or worse...

And guys, what about backing soda ( with perhaps ACV) in the morning ( or evening) to "bufering" the body in alkalin power.....?
Because i must admit that my diet is mostly acid ( even if very healthy and pro hair )
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:31 am

oops...Sorry cpio for personnal case in your thread....even if it's related....once again, sorry...
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down