Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp itch and hairloss: help EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp itch and hairloss: help

5 posters

Go down

Scalp itch and hairloss: help Empty Scalp itch and hairloss: help

Post  NW0 Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:22 am

I've tried all kind of shampoos:
Ketoconazole 2%
Ciclopirox olamine shampoo
Revita
Biotin-B complex from Avalon Organics
An anti prsoriasis and keroregulator shampoo that had acid salicylic 3% among other stuff
Jamaican black castor oil: This thing is expensive. Applied it at night and left it there 3 times a week, I didnt feel anything, except my hair being greasy. I still have a lot left, my apply it just for the sake of it, because of how expensive it is to find high quality black castor oil, whatever.

My diet is ok, I eat a varied mediterranean diet, I don't seem to be allergic to anything even tho I drink lactose free milk but anyway. I get my good natural orange juice daily in the morning and so on.

The only thing that i've felt some relief on is on my custom foam which basically has finasteride 1% and minoxidil 5%. The problem is the itch/inflamation comes back after a couple hours of applying it. Im using about 4 to 5 hits of the foam, im not sure what dose that is, just enough to cover the scalp and massage it. I've been on it for like 4-5 months now. 0 sides.

Before starting the treatment, I had a bloodwork done with a lot of hormones just to have a reference point, in case the finasteride changed something. I feel the same so I dont think it has changed much. In any case, I had
DHT above range: 1.45 (range 0.25 - 1.00)
total T: 3,70  (range 1.50 - 5.60)
free T: 20 (range 9 - 43)
E2: 24 (range 10 -  45)
LH: 1,70 (range 1.80 - 8.20)
3 alpha-diol G: 5,7 (range 3.5 - 22)
delta 4-Androstendione: 2,6 (range 0.5 - 3.0)
Prolactine: 6.30 (range 2.6 - 18)
Progesterone: 0.64 ( range < 0.2)
vitamin d, 1,25 dihydroxy calciferol: 35,5 (range 18-78)
vitamin d, 25OH: 8 (range 30-100)
intact PTH: 25 (range 11 - 67)

Thats all I got. As you can see my DHT was above range. This could be a cause of the scalp itch, given the fact how lots of people fix their scalp itch (and hairloss) with finasteride and given the fact I find relief when I apply the foam. The minoxidil probably also helps at improving blood flow in the scalp. The problem like said before is, it doesn't last enough.
Oral fin is out of the question, at least for now... I hope I don't reach a desperation point where I start to take it. Unfortunately the best results i've ever seen have been with oral fin + minoxidil, im yet to see results as good, and it also fixed the scalp itch problem. The dreaded MPB itch.

The rest of the stuff seem to be ok. Progesterone is a bit above range, LH a bit below... the rest seem ok, in general not worth mentally masturbating about due hormones fluctuating a lot. My active vitamin D is enough (35,5), the fact my 25OH is low seems irrelevant, I seem to be getting enough vitamin D from my diet (given I barely go out at sunlight) as seen on my 1,25 value. I also remember testing for B12 and it was ok, so was potasium and calcium (calcium was barely above range). I think saturating myself with vitamines and minerals randomly would be pretty stupid and do more harm than good. Im waiting for a hair test results to arrive to check actual mineral levels and heavy metals. I hope i can get some more clues from there.

I also don't think doing DT and scalp exercises is going to single handedly fix this, I think its safe to say now it would be delusional to think so. This kind of scalp inflamation/itch is not going to go away like that, even tho I still do exercise it by doing the basic "moving your ears" thing sometimes (the Tom Hagerty stuff) while i do other things.

I feel anxious and I tend to shake my legs while im sitting to sort of liberate energy. At the same time, i also feel tired, specially at the morning I feel exhausted and it's hard to leave the warm bed. Who knows if the actual hairloss is causing this. Im certainly destroyed by the thought of going bald, coupled with the scalp itch which makes it worse. I still have enough hair to style it nicely, but I feel like not going out again if I lose my hairline. I should try to force myself going out again for a walk (thank god im not a fatass, im genetically prone to not store bodyfat) just to get some fresh hair. Now im just walking on the treadmill to stretch my legs. I should see if forcing myself to go out again makes it better or actually makes it worse.

Something I have left to try is the gel cap thing. I've heard some people here use a gel cap, really cold for 5 minutes or so, a couple times a week, and helps with inflamation/itch. Where can I find more info on this? I would like to try, but I think: Is this healthy? the cap is stored on the freezer so the temperature is damn low. Brain freeze is not funny, so I need to know what safe steps to take.

Thanks

NW0

Back to top Go down

Scalp itch and hairloss: help Empty Re: Scalp itch and hairloss: help

Post  NW0 Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:12 pm

No one??

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi NWO,
Try this, split your diet into these food categories:

- Dairy
- Grains
- Meat
- Vegetables
- Fruit

Try firstly eliminating all Dairy completely.

*I eliminated scalp itch including dandruff by excluding all dairy from my diet. Although yours could be different.

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 pm

If the immune system is not supported by energy metabolism, declining the health in fast(er) rate is expected.Regarding body temperature in the morning this can mean low adrenal/thyroid status.

For the itch part, it can be caused by overgrowth - fungal, bacterial or viral. Would try with a topical that consist of lithium orotate - at least 3mg per showering; with dmso - to increase the absorbtion, or iodine AND MgCl2. You can add also a bit of coconut oil into the mixture or green or black tea extracts.

It's expected to go to worse before better but if any pimples or acne, or dry scalp appears for a few days it's for the detoxing purpose.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:51 am

NWO, I had it very bad and it was during a stressful period.

Washing scalp every day and rinsing in cool/cold water helped a lot.

As did relaxing, and with time I forgot about it.

IF I was you, I'd try washing hair each day and rinsing in cool/cold water for 3-5 minutes. Keep that up for a few weeks and also try not to use fingernails to itch.

Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 am

Live forever wrote:NWO, I had it very bad and it was during a stressful period.

Washing scalp every day and rinsing in cool/cold water helped a lot.

As did relaxing, and with time I forgot about it.

IF I was you, I'd try washing hair each day and rinsing in cool/cold water for 3-5 minutes. Keep that up for a few weeks and also try not to use fingernails to itch.

Wash with only water? If i only use water, my hair is never clean enough, i need to use a shampoo like the ketoconazole 2% a couple days a week, im also looking a more natural shampoo that can I use daily. I was going for the BiotinB from Avalon Organics again but apparently they changed the formula and now its not as natural. Any ideas??
I dont like to use separated ingredients by myself because it's too annoying to do it and I end up not doing it, I need a comercial product.

Also I put my water in the shower with cold water before every new foam application to remove any remaining finasteride/minoxidil, so my scalp is under cold water 3 minutes or so twice a day.

Any comments on the gel cap thing? anyone is doing it?

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:14 am

Kazbar wrote:Hi NWO,

- Dairy
- Grains
- Meat
- Vegetables
- Fruit

*I eliminated scalp itch including dandruff by excluding all dairy from my diet. Although yours could be different.

I removed milk consumption for a couple of months once and it sucked, my body was missing the milk. I didnt remove cheese or eggs tho. A diet without dairy would be depressing. Is there any test or something that can tell you you are intolerant? I dont have any diggestive problems or anything, only the damn itch. Like I said before, the fact it gets a bit better with the finasteride/minoxidil foam tells me there is a direct correlation with DHT.

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:19 am

Beebrox wrote:If the immune system is not supported by energy metabolism, declining the health in fast(er) rate is expected.Regarding body temperature in the morning this can mean low adrenal/thyroid status.

For the itch part, it can be caused by overgrowth - fungal, bacterial or viral. Would try with a topical that consist of lithium orotate - at least 3mg per showering; with dmso - to increase the absorbtion, or iodine AND MgCl2. You can add also a bit of coconut oil into the mixture or green or black tea extracts.

It's expected to go to worse before better but if any pimples or acne, or dry scalp appears for a few days it's for the detoxing purpose.

So how do I measure adrenal status? is it done by measuring cortisol levels? if so then whats the optimal test for this? i've read some say saliva test with 4 samples on the day, some say this is useless and recomend urine...
About thyroid, like I said before TSH is always fluctuating and never in the ideal 0-2 range. How do I know the sourceo f my problem?

For the itch recomendation, can you recommend a comercial product? The buying tons of separate ingredients and doing it myself was never for me. Im seriously too lazy to deal with that and generates stress.

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:26 am

NW0 wrote:
Kazbar wrote:Hi NWO,

- Dairy
- Grains
- Meat
- Vegetables
- Fruit

I removed milk consumption for a couple of months once and it sucked, my body was missing the milk. I didnt remove cheese or eggs tho. A diet without dairy would be depressing. Is there any test or something that can tell you you are intolerant? I dont have any diggestive problems or anything, only the damn itch. Like I said before, the fact it gets a bit better with the finasteride/minoxidil foam tells me there is a direct correlation with DHT.

Check out Sanderson's recent post: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11009-igg-anti-bodies-hair-loss-histamine-does-it-connect

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:39 am

Just so you know topical fin carries the same risks as oral. There has been a topical going around that another guy on this forum got stuck on(and he regretted it)... The company is very evil because it turns what is a huge decision for a man(going on fin) and packages it as a safe way of using fin. Bluntly put, there is no safe way of using fin. Even small doses of fin inhibit much of DHT. This topical sounds like the same thing. If you have no sides and are confident the benefits outweigh the risks than stay on it but just wanted to let you know if you didn't know already, what you've gotten yourself into. The moment fin is placed on, or in your body it goes systematic. It does not inhibit DHT locally if placed on the scalp, it inhibits your entire bodies DHT.

On a side note, I'm an oral fin user so I'm not looking down on you for your topical. My decision to use this drug came at great desperation and it saddens me that it ever came to this point. Best of luck.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 pm

SonofOdin wrote:Just so you know topical fin carries the same risks as oral. There has been a topical going around that another guy on this forum got stuck on(and he regretted it)... The company is very evil because it turns what is a huge decision for a man(going on fin) and packages it as a safe way of using fin. Bluntly put, there is no safe way of using fin. Even small doses of fin inhibit much of DHT. This topical sounds like the same thing. If you have no sides and are confident the benefits outweigh the risks than stay on it but just wanted to let you know if you didn't know already, what you've gotten yourself into. The moment fin is placed on, or in your body it goes systematic. It does not inhibit DHT locally if placed on the scalp, it inhibits your entire bodies DHT.

On a side note, I'm an oral fin user so I'm not looking down on you for your topical. My decision to use this drug came at great desperation and it saddens me that it ever came to this point. Best of luck.
Im fully aware on fin and I know plenty of users. It's a lotion done by my trustable local farmacists, not bought somewhere on the internet. I'll take a bloodwork soon again after more than half a year of use and we'll see if it went systemic or not, sure some will go systemic, but as long as it's not as much as oral (70%) then it's tolerable, plus I had my DHT above normal range anyway, it's not like im a naturally low DHT femenine guy. All sides i've ever read about fin are irrelevant to me unless I experience then and i've experienced none. It's what's helped me the most with the itch. In fact just applied the foam and my scalp is feeling beter than it has done through the entire day (I didn't apply this morning). Im also seeing new hairs in the temples which is where I focus the most, but im not sure if they will grow to be fully black thick hairs or not. And again, my scalp doesn't feel 100% perfect, but surely better than without it.
If after 2 years or so I haven't seen serious solid results it's likely time to give up and get a wig. Until then im going to fight with all weapons that I can find useful to combat this nightmare.

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down