Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
biotin and ALA EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
biotin and ALA EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
biotin and ALA EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
biotin and ALA EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
biotin and ALA EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
biotin and ALA EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
biotin and ALA EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
biotin and ALA EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
biotin and ALA EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

biotin and ALA

3 posters

Go down

biotin and ALA Empty biotin and ALA

Post  Tyler Durden Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am

Hum, I know there are the same structure for biotin and ALA, but all studies say the lipoic acid used for this was very high (very more than 100mg per meal..) and the biotin did not decrease dramatically... So I don't know why your website say: take 5mg biotin per day ?? Why take 1 000 % ? I take 100mg R ALA per meal every day and I take only 500 mcg biotin per day, I think it's really enough.

Sorry for my english, I am a poor french. Wink

Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

biotin and ALA Empty Re: biotin and ALA

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Tyler Durden - I am confident that your assertions are correct regarding the biotin dosage. Your English is pretty good too.

1,000 micrograms is more than likely enough to satisfy your body's needs despite regular usage of
stabilized R-Lipoic acid or other forms. However, being that biotin helps to improve glucose metabolism,
taking additional amounts may ad some benefit. For most of us, taking extra biotin is not likely to produce any noticeable
benefit.

In the case of a diabetic, it would be wise to take 5 mg three times per day. Also anyone with a history
of Accutane (isotretinoin) should consider taking extra as well.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyler Durden Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:28 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Tyler Durden - I am confident that your assertions are correct regarding the biotin dosage. Your English is pretty good too.

1,000 micrograms is more than likely enough to satisfy your body's needs despite regular usage of
stabilized R-Lipoic acid or other forms. However, being that biotin helps to improve glucose metabolism,
taking additional amounts may ad some benefit. For most of us, taking extra biotin is not likely to produce any noticeable
benefit.

In the case of a diabetic, it would be wise to take 5 mg three times per day. Also anyone with a history
of Accutane (isotretinoin) should consider taking extra as well.

I take only 500mcg ber day lol (one of 500 in one meal). Also, biotin can to be "eat" by our body only 8 hours, if we take for example 5g, our body will eliminate this.. I really think it's commercial to sell a gelul with 5g or 1g of biotin... By the way, the most solution for have a lot of biotin is to divide in many meal like you say.

Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 am

Tyler Durden - For a healthy person who is not on any medication and does not have insulin resistance, 500 mcg of biotin twice per day is probably sufficient with Lipoic acid use.

However, it has been demonstrated that 9 milligrams of biotin in impaired glucose tolerance patients was able to reduce fasting glucose levels by 45%. And in Diabetics who are insulin-dependent, 16 milligrams of biotin achieved reductions.

Sadly, there is very limited research on biotin use but in integrative medicine, high or orthomolecular doses of biotin are used with success for Diabetics

Some medications can interfere with biotin anticonvulsants and antibiotics. Might as well mentioned egg whites too (not the whole egg).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyler Durden Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:57 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Tyler Durden - For a healthy person who is not on any medication and does not have insulin resistance, 500 mcg of biotin twice per day is probably sufficient with Lipoic acid use.

However, it has been demonstrated that 9 milligrams of biotin in impaired glucose tolerance patients was able to reduce fasting glucose levels by 45%. And in Diabetics who are insulin-dependent, 16 milligrams of biotin achieved reductions.

Sadly, there is very limited research on biotin use but in integrative medicine, high or orthomolecular doses of biotin are used with success for Diabetics

Some medications can interfere with biotin anticonvulsants and antibiotics. Might as well mentioned egg whites too (not the whole egg).
Ok, I didn't know that.

If I want take only 500mcg one per day when i can take this ? diner ?

Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 am

CS - ok, but most of us are not diabetic.
So, with proper diet, no sugar peak problem.

the problem ( hairloss) is for most of us still here even if we take control of the glucose axe.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 am

I guess what is not exactly known is, how much biotin does lipoic acid use interfere with?

Before some manufactures of lipoic acid were adding some biotin to their products, there were anecdotal reports
of hair loss from chronic use of lipoic acid.

So, while it's more than likely that 500 mcg or a 1,000 mcg per day of biotin, taken in any fashion will help. I am perhaps a little paranoid with my 5,000 mcg recommendation.

Also, since I use the R-stabilized version, I am even more vigilant about taking biotin since this form is estimated to be about 10 times stronger than standard alpha lipoic acid.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyler Durden Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:37 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I guess what is not exactly known is, how much biotin does lipoic acid use interfere with?

Before some manufactures of lipoic acid were adding some biotin to their products, there were anecdotal reports
of hair loss from chronic use of lipoic acid.

So, while it's more than likely that 500 mcg or a 1,000 mcg per day of biotin, taken in any fashion will help. I am perhaps a little paranoid with my 5,000 mcg recommendation.

Also, since I use the R-stabilized version, I am even more vigilant about taking biotin since this form is estimated to be about 10 times stronger than standard alpha lipoic acid.
Yes, i think 500mcg per day is enough, if you want don't lose biotin, the better is to take not 5mg in one meal but some little quantity in differend meal. It's my recomandation. But really, again, I spoke about a very large dose of R ALA stabilized who can a little reduce the biotin only.. With 100mg per meal, we are quiet. If we had some biotin in more it's good, but i think the problem of take so much large dose of biotin is to use our kidney..

Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:13 am

Laboratories of Food Science and Nutrition, Department of Life Style Studies, School of Human Cultures, The University of Shiga Prefecture, Hikone, Shiga, Japan.

To determine the effects of excess biotin administration on growth and water-soluble vitamin metabolism, weaning rats were fed on a 20% casein diet containing 0.00002% biotin, or same diet with 0.04, 0.08, 0.10, 0.20, 0.50, 0.80 or 1.0% added biotin for 28 days. More than 0.08% biotin administration decreased the food intake and body weight gain compared with the levels in control rats. An accumulation of biotin in such tissues as the liver, brain and kidney increased in a dose-dependent manner, and the both bound and free biotin contents in the liver also increased in a dose-dependent manner. An excess administration of biotin did not affect the urinary excretion of other water-soluble vitamins, suggesting no effect on the metabolism of other water-soluble vitamins. The results of the food intake and body weight gain indicated that the lowest observed adverse effect level for young rats was 79.2 mg/kg body weight/day, while the no observed adverse effect level was 38.4 mg/kg/day. These results suggested immediately setting a tolerable upper intake level for biotin.

PMID: 18071266 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

79,2 mg for an average male weight of 80 kg is about 6,30 mg a day.
Add, biotin from multis ( often 100 % = 300 mg) , from natural food ( whole grains, nuts, brewer's yeast, veggies etc...) , we can easily go to 8 mg a day....

I know ALA uses Biotin....but...
Don't you think it would be a good idea to reduce it, even if no adverse effetcs were reported at 5 mg a day for 2 years, or 10 mg for a short period of time...

but, that study above shows other actions...
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:20 am

Regulation of Biotin Transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae1
Rogers, Thomas O.
Lichstein, Herman C.
LocalizaciĆ³n: http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=250128

The metabolic control of biotin transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae was investigated. Nonproliferating cells harvested from cultures grown in excess biotin (25 ng/ml) took up small amounts of biotin, whereas cells grown in biotin-sufficient medium (0.25 ng/ml) accumulated large amounts of the vitamin. Transport was inhibited maximally in cells grown in medium containing 9 ng (or more) of biotin per ml. When avidin was added to biotin-excess cultures, the cells developed the ability to take up large amounts of biotin. Boiled avidin was without effect, as was treatment of cells with avidin in buffer. Avidin did not relieve transport inhibition when added to biotin-excess cultures treated with cycloheximide, suggesting that protein synthesis was required for cells to develop the capacity to take up biotin after removal of extracellular vitamin by avidin. Cycloheximide did not inhibit the activity of the preformed transport system in biotin-sufficient cells. The presence of high intracellular free biotin pools did not inhibit the activity of the transport system. The characteristics of transport in biotin-excess cells (absence of temperature or pH dependence, no stimulation by glucose, absence of iodoacetate inhibition, independence of uptake on cell concentration, and nonsaturation kinetics) indicated that biotin entered these cells by diffusion. The results suggest that the synthesis of the biotin transport system in S. cerevisiae may be repressed during growth in medium containing high concentrations of biotin.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyler Durden Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:38 am

europe_ I think in your first article you confuse between mcg and mg no ?

Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down