Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Amazing head of hair at 96 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Amazing head of hair at 96

+9
nidhogge
Orchid
LawOfThelema
Hoppipolla
Balthier
moby
CausticSymmetry
gdfghh
Joey
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amazing head of hair at 96 Empty Amazing head of hair at 96

Post  Joey Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 am

Just read this article and the guy looks in amazing condition for his age. Basically has a full head of healthy looking hair at 96.

wow

Joey

Back to top Go down

Amazing head of hair at 96 Empty Re: Amazing head of hair at 96

Post  gdfghh Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 am

I think this totally debunks over-masturbation as a cause of hair loss, provided you're free of health issues.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 am

All the research I have read, has all pointed to the better the sexual function, testosterone levels, etc. the more likely hair is going to be at its prime. Of course in young people SHBG need to be measured to rule those out.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am

What can we do about Testosterone besides taking Vitamin A & Vitamin D or some weird herbs?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Keep a clean diet and everything will stay as it should. I don't even take any supplements anymore.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm

well the guys indian probably little food processing plus some turmeric/curry in the diet along with the butter and other stuff. Being in a warmer climate he probably gets plenty of sun too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Could be several reasons couldn't it? To do with hormonal profile, galea tension, GI health, etc etc!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 pm

or he has a low amount of the gene mutations that would predispose him to mpb.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

Satan wrote:I think this totally debunks over-masturbation as a cause of hair loss, provided you're free of health issues.
now I can get back to masturbating 5-10 times a day, thank god.
Orchid
Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 am

moby wrote:What can we do about Testosterone besides taking Vitamin A & Vitamin D or some weird herbs?

Removing heavy metals and detoxifying xenoestrogens is one way.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 am

That doesn't dispel the factor that masturbation plays into hair loss, at all. Everybody's body is different.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 am

I second Nid.

Excessive masturbation usually is a symptom or tendency that something is off, and it just so happens that hair loss sufferers are more likely to be hurt by this.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 am

Wouldn't excessive masturbation imply oxidative stress? Someone mentioned before that the amount of DHT in a tissue is dependent on how much oxidative stress there is.

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

Man I must have been REALLY sick at 16 then!! lol Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 am

Over simplified thoughts, I look at everything as information, or coding, and those who are predisposed to mpb/aga have bad coding
which curses them with needing to keep their systemic entirety inside of narrow parameters to sustain continued hair growth, where as people who don't bald very easily, or at all have genetic coding that isn't conflicted as far as hair goes unless they are in seriously bad shape...

Another commonly discussed factor is dht, but apparently dht by itself is not killing hair, it takes a combination of events and other variables that induces mpb, but when those variables are present its like trying to cool a oven fire by fanning it, which may slow down shedding for awhile, but doesnt stop it dead in its tracks, and thus why many ppl who try fail to conquer mpb. I think once certain issues are fully corrected it would be essentially turning the oven off, and when its off for long enough ( maybe years?) then theres a chance for a decent percentage of regrowth depending damage.. I believe that those whom are un-affected by mpb dont have this oven like reaction, possibly because they dont produce as much 5AR activity in their galeas specifically, and that those who are predisposed have the enzyme activating local in the scalp site. Anthony once referred to negative and positive growth factors in regards to hair loss, and I believe thats true, a couple negative growth factors like deficiencies, toxicities coupled with the predisposition are easily combo jabs for hair loss imo...

To support another theory, I also believe that men can have different sized galeas with different capillary beds which probably look like a city map that parallels their hair lines, hair thickness, and even hair loss patterns, and the densitiy of these capillary networks could be a factor in the hairs duration of resilience even when there is hormonal/nutritional hair loss predisposition present, which possibly could somehow explain ppl like the guy in the article.. Regardless, I whole heartedly believe hair loss is occurring at an extremely early and rapid rate in the current generations versus the previous, especially for those who still have hair lines in tact but diffuse thinning. If we took a time machine to the 1940s or earlier for example, you'd probably have to look far and wide for someone in their teens or 20s with any concern-able hair loss, most people of all races had thick manes of hair, or huge dense afros, not nw5's in their 20s and shit... With that in mind, and admitting to something being very wrong with our environment and food, even with the predisposition in place, I KNOW that it should not be happening to most of us (especially sub 30s) for a long time, and perhaps it can still be that way... I believe C/S's thoughts and advice are spot on...

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am

"Though, I whole heartedly believe hair loss is occurring at an extremely early and rapid rate in the current generations versus the previous, especially for those who still have hair lines in tact but diffuse thinning which is common now days."

completely disagree. Given the current obesity crisis and everyone having allergies to everything plus excessive use of antibiotics, depressants, alcohol and all other "bad" stuff - baldness has not increased in incidence that I'm positive of.

Now, if more people are balding but we don't see that due to most of them using finasteride, then yes you may be right, however simply looking around you wouldn't be able to tell that more people are balding now then before.

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm

moby wrote:"Though, I whole heartedly believe hair loss is occurring at an extremely early and rapid rate in the current generations versus the previous, especially for those who still have hair lines in tact but diffuse thinning which is common now days."

completely disagree. Given the current obesity crisis and everyone having allergies to everything plus excessive use of antibiotics, depressants, alcohol and all other "bad" stuff - baldness has not increased in incidence that I'm positive of.

Now, if more people are balding but we don't see that due to most of them using finasteride, then yes you may be right, however simply looking around you wouldn't be able to tell that more people are balding now then before.

Well yea, there wasnt finasteride, hair transplants, rogaine, or as many supplements in the previous generations and further back that I'm talking about, which is huge. Also consider that hair loss has become a billion + dollar industry, there are a LOT of people suffering from loss of hair, I spot it all day long. I'm so keen to this now that I can spot it on people who probably dont even know they are on that path yet. A lot people that seems like their hair is fine today, dont be surprised if they are right in here discussing this with us in a year or two, this shit is catching up to a lot of people.. You can have your opinion, I am solid with mines, I'm sure hair loss ( in men and women and all races) has increased signifcantly right along with every other disorder and health problem.. It would be naive to think other wise considering our food is becoming increasingly more artificial, and processed, our soils dramatically more depleted, and our environment more toxic...

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm actually a little torn on that argument. If you asked me if I thought more people were balding today than in previous generations, I would say yes. But I think there are some inherent biases there and some lack of information. Number one, I've only been alive for close to a quarter century. I really don't have any firsthand evidence from "prior generations".

Secondly, its a tendency of every generation to think they are "the" generation, whether it pertains to the end of the world, or the one that's going to change everything, or the one whose seeing the downfall, etc etc etc. What I'm saying is we always think, probably no matter what generation we lived in, that we are seeing things the worst they've ever been. And its just not always true. Take for example the all to common belief that our generation will see the end of the world. For some reason with all of the 2012 hype floating around, it is pretty common for people to think we are going to experience an earth-shattering change or the end of mankind. Well, imagine life in the dark ages.

If we were basing the end of the world on how shitty the current day was, people in the dark ages had a pretty damn good reason to think THEY were the generation to witness the end. How does this relate? Well, hair loss might very well be occurring at an equal rate compared to 50 or 60 years ago, but there will always be the perception we are seeing it the worst its ever been, and this fits in nicely with our general hatred for the degradation of our environment. This gives us more evidence to support that bias.

And lastly, our biggest bias is the fact we are losing hair. When we have a flaw we focus on so intently and with so much emotion, we experience the moonlighting effect. It becomes the part about us and others that stands out most intensely. Not one person here with MPB can tell me they don't know the hair-status of every man in the room they are in. Its because we focus on that quality. Its like trying to spot blue cars on the highway. Once you get that focus, you'll start noticing them all the time. For this reason, we probably see more bald heads than any person who isn't losing hair because they aren't looking for the "blue cars". There aren't really more blue cars on the highway, we just think there are. So we have a false perception that baldness occurs more often.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Anothony I fully understand where your coming from with that but lets just look at the science or what we can prove then...
Say comparing to our grandparents generations, deficiencies of vitamins and minerals in food/soil are increasing, toxicity on every level is increasing, were now exposed to other nasties like different types of radiations and emf, pharmaceutical drugs/vaccines on massive increase which also contribute to toxicity/deficiency. Alcoholism most likely on the increase, cigarettes, sedentary lifestyles, microwave dinners every day for many families, gmos all on the negative increase,as well as all health problems with the body are increasing like diabetes, cancers, obesity, poor thyroid health, reduced fertility and testosterone levels.. Growing up drinking sodas and fake fruit juices with over 40grams of sugar servings per can, think of what we know about insulin and hormone regulation, or what about the stark increase of endocrine disruptors in enviroment etc. etc These issues also passed on from parents to children whom are starting off more poisoned than the last.Hair loss percentages would naturally increase as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 pm

"I'm sure hair loss ( in men and women and all races) has increased signifcantly right along with every other disorder and health problem"

Doubt it. I've even noticed that the fatter you are, the more hair you got. This is mind blowing

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Totally agree with what you said. Just stating the other side. Gotta play the devil's advocate, Very Happy .
Answering this question would be so much easier if they just made people report how many bald people lived in their house on the national census.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Now you agree with me? If the incidence of hair loss did increase by some, then I'm sure the problem is masked by propecia/rogaine etc.

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Moby, no I was saying I agreed with J. But at the same time I do think its feasible that you are right and there really is no change in the frequency of hair loss, and we just think there are because of the things I talked about. Who's right? We'll probably never know.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 pm

If I am wrong about this then the whole inevitable genetics argument is true, other wise, we know our thyroids, gut health, toxicity & deficiency status etc etc is in worse shape than previous generations due to all the negative factors I mentioned.. Therefore if those things are linked to hair loss like even you believe to be so moby, then it would be contradictory to not think hair loss is on the rise, and its on the rise with ppl like us here in this forum who should not be experiencing this at such a young age, or possibly at all, unless you believe all our hair loss here is just from bad genetics, but Im not going to blame my engine because I grew up running improper oil, I know I grew up eating like shit. Consider that the majority of us here possibly would not have any hair loss at our current age if we were from a different time/place that more suited our bodies longevity than our current toxic soup of a habitat... Btw I work with a fat guy whose very diffuse thinned on top all the way to nw5 area, but you can still see his straight hair line. Mind you, the more fat the more aromatase you produce and the less androgens, because most of your testosterone is taking the route of estrogen conversion, thus their hormonal profiles may be closer to that of a unhealthy womans which explains the guy I'm talking about either way, because he doesnt have mpb, I think the diffuse thinning (woman like hair loss) is due to severe deficiencies, rather than from genetic male hair loss patterns.

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:45 am

Totally agree J. If we believe that hormonal balance, thyroid, deficiencies, autoimmune etc. play a role in hair loss, then more people this generation have experienced hair loss. There is no ifs or buts about it.

This whole forum is dedicated to that. I don't know how you can argue it and still post in this forum if you think about it.

Not only has pollution and toxins gone up, but a lot of people have gotten amalgams in the last decade and GMOs have taken over almost everywhere. I don't even see this as debatable to be honest. Lets spend more time on the solution then having these silly arguments.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next