Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer?

3 posters

Go down

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Empty Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer?

Post  Major_Hairloss Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:17 pm

After having been a 'buzz cutter' for the past 10+ years, I've recently let my hair grow out. Its about 1½"/3,75cm now.

My hairloss (that I knew of) was at the temples. I have receding temples mainly (and hairline generally moving north).

So after I've grown out my hair somewhat, I've noticed very clearly when I touch my hair on top of my head, all the way to the crown area, is that my hair there feels a lot finer; more silky than the hair that grows on the sides of the head and the hair on the back of my head.

What I also have noticed is that when I look closely in the mirror is that I can see my scalp on the top of my head, whereas I cannot on the sides and on the back.
The hair on the sides and back feels much coarser.
The best way I can describe the difference is that the hair on top is more like silk, and the hair on the sides/back feels more like pubic hair. Embarassed

My dad is 62 and has all of his hair still. On my mother's side, there is only one male - her father - and he had receded temples at age 52 when he died.
I'm 37, and I was expecting my only problem re. hairloss would be the receding temples and general hairline moving back. (that was bad enough for me, as I'm extremely vain when it comes to these things. My heart goes out to those of you who suffer from much, much worse MPB conditions)

But now I'm freaked out that I might have diffuse thinning on top, after I started noticing the whole silk/pubic hair thing.

Can anyone put my fears to rest?
Or am I facing the inevitable baldness on top?

Basically, I'd like to know from people here if your hair on top of your head is finer than the hair on the sides/back.

Thanks in advance.
Major_Hairloss
Major_Hairloss

Back to top Go down

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Empty Re: Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer?

Post  Live forever Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Have you a photo as example?
I have different thickness all over my scalp and always have done. For instance the hair on the sides is super coarse, the hair on the back is wavy, on top it's straighter.
I've always had this. Whereas if I'd have had a buzz for the last ten years and recently grown out- I'd probably think the same as yourself. As for facing the 'inevitable',( if you read enough of this forum and immortal website) you'll soon realise that can be an unapt word for many dealing with health and hair loss issues.
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Empty Re: Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer?

Post  Major_Hairloss Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 am

Live forever wrote:Have you a photo as example?

Yes, I just took some photos.
I have to find a place to upload them first, then I'll post here.

I'll be posting them later today [probably].
Major_Hairloss
Major_Hairloss

Back to top Go down

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Empty reply

Post  salmandcs Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Impressive post...............

salmandcs

Back to top Go down

Post  Major_Hairloss Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:35 am

Finally got the images uploaded.

Side:
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01160mj

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01130gek

Back (shot from top):
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01150bc

Top (various angles):
Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01120za

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01149km

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01134cv

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01156qk

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01141tt

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01144pt

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01145i

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01137bm

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01136o

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01148vj

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01118au

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01119z

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01120x

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01123om

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01125zn

Is Hair on Top of the Head Usually Finer? Dsc01164x

Major_Hairloss
Major_Hairloss

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am

M_H, it looks like slight diffuse thinning. If you're definitely looking to correct this naturally, I'd recommend having a consultation with CS as it will probably save you money and time in the long-run. You still look to have a lot of hair which is good.
I had a consultation and it answered many of my questions and more. I've also found threads deep in this forum that have answered many of my curiosities.

Few bits of advice> have patience, don't let worry dominate, read as much as you can (diet & hair)
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down