Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
No Sugar Breakfast EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
No Sugar Breakfast EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
No Sugar Breakfast EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

No Sugar Breakfast

+6
Espio
europe
Gibson
Silverlin
Joejoebaggins
NewReg
10 posters

Go down

No Sugar Breakfast Empty No Sugar Breakfast

Post  NewReg Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:15 pm

I've done a pretty good job of minimizing my carbs and grains at lunch and dinner, but I still have granola (with almond milk) or oatmeal almost every morning. Once or twice a week I have time to make eggs. What are you guys doing for breakfast? I'd like to find something less sugar intensive, but I don't have time to make a meal every AM. Also, I'm looking for something vegetarian.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

No Sugar Breakfast Empty Re: No Sugar Breakfast

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 pm

NewReg wrote:I've done a pretty good job of minimizing my carbs and grains at lunch and dinner, but I still have granola (with almond milk) or oatmeal almost every morning. Once or twice a week I have time to make eggs. What are you guys doing for breakfast? I'd like to find something less sugar intensive, but I don't have time to make a meal every AM. Also, I'm looking for something vegetarian.

My hair never fell out faster than when I was vegan/vegetarian, so good luck with that.

Most you're looking at as a vegetarian are going to contain sugar... Even if it's veggies (yes, these turn into glucose just like all other carbohydrates).

Keep up with the eggs.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Im just basically taking shit loads of spirulina powder for breakfast and some nuts. Super quick to have and super healthy!
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Joejoebaggins wrote:My hair never fell out faster than when I was vegan/vegetarian, so good luck with that.
Why's that?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 am

NewReg wrote:
Joejoebaggins wrote:My hair never fell out faster than when I was vegan/vegetarian, so good luck with that.
Why's that?

High carbohydrate diet=inflammation, lack of adequate real protein. Constipation from fiber. Tons of stress on my body from not giving it what it needs.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:36 am

I forgot to mention that I was constantly feeding candida as well.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 am

I'm thriving on basically what most would consider a vegetarian diet since most meat eaters seem to think fish is a vegetable.

I can't manage to sustain a "healthy glow" on a meat-centric diet; currently, energy and strength abound.

WALNUTS!!! They're high in omega 3's and work to make hair and skin glow and stay moisturized, curb appetite and, most important, eradicate inflammation. Seriously, give two fistfulls of these nuts a two day trial and you may be blown away as I have been.

The effect of walnuts work as well or better than salmon IMO. I'm thrilled that I can enjoy the benefit of fresh salmon, at least cosmetically, without eating a damn fish.

I'm also experimenting with raw coconut, unsweetened, for breakfast, etc. You can buy it in bulk for 3 bucks a pound.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:24 am

Joejoebaggins wrote:
NewReg wrote:
Why's that?

High carbohydrate diet=inflammation, lack of adequate real protein. Constipation from fiber. Tons of stress on my body from not giving it what it needs.
I've been vegetarian a little over a year and a half now, and I feel great. Really great, actually. I can't say that the hair department has improved at all -- in fact, it has gotten worse, but I also stopped Propecia and minoxidil around the same time, so I suspect the loss is primarily from that.

I'm not a typical vegetarian in which bread and pasta become their own food groups. The only trouble I really have is staying away from pizza. As for the protein department, I eat a lot of nuts, beans, and eggs, which in my estimation contribute more than enough protein. I suppose my main deficiencies are in Omega-3's and B12. I just bought a great Hemp shake powder that has 1200mg of Omega-3 and 15g of protein. I'm going to be getting Mercola's transdermal B12 soon to assist in that department as well. I definitely relate to the fiber problem though. My body doesn't do well with fiber, my digestive tract is very sensitive, and I will often get stopped up. However, through Magnesium supplementation I've gotten past that.

All of that said, if you have any tips or stories, I am open to them. I did a search on "vegetarian hair loss" after your first post, and found quite a few posts in different forums from people who experienced a sudden onset after starting the diet. Most people attributed it to a lack of zinc and B12, but I haven't seen any real science behind it. I'm an open-minded person (I think if you become vegetarian you have to be), and want to do right by my body. All info is welcome. Thanks.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 am

Gibson wrote:I'm thriving on basically what most would consider a vegetarian diet since most meat eaters seem to think fish is a vegetable.

I can't manage to sustain a "healthy glow" on a meat-centric diet; currently, energy and strength abound.

WALNUTS!!! They're high in omega 3's and work to make hair and skin glow and stay moisturized, curb appetite and, most important, eradicate inflammation. Seriously, give two fistfulls of these nuts a two day trial and you may be blown away as I have been.

The effect of walnuts work as well or better than salmon IMO. I'm thrilled that I can enjoy the benefit of fresh salmon, at least cosmetically, without eating a damn fish.

I'm also experimenting with raw coconut, unsweetened, for breakfast, etc. You can buy it in bulk for 3 bucks a pound.
I use to do a tablespoon of walnut oil every morning. The stuff is GOOD! However, CS commented that it didn't contain the DHA/EPA thresholds we needed. So, I switched over to V-Pure Omega-3 liquigels...but they didn't do well with me. Too hard to digest (like Salmon oil). Now I'm on a Hemp shake, which I really enjoy. In any case, I think I'll add some walnuts back into the mix anyway. They're tasty and a good source of fat.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:10 am

I think walnuts will make a cosmetic difference above and beyond fish capsules and far beyond hemp, which I never saw results from.

In my experience actually eating wild salmon has been comparable.

That said there are omega 3 oil sources that I haven't tried , such as sardines.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 am

on walnuts, it contains Omega 3 AND omega 6 in PERFECT ratio, that said 5 more omega 6 than Omega 3.
And the vitamins, oligo elements etc...

That makes one of the healthiest food on earth. eat them organic, that farmer fuckers put pesticids, insecticids and fongicids on them ALSO, like fruits....which they are...

So, 5 walnuts a day, a minimum.

But, your hair can still fall down....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 am

I had the opposite effect. When I was on a high meat diet (mostly canned fish, sardines, oysters, beef, chicken) my cholesteral (good and bad cholesteral) shot up, my hemo A1C (average blood sugar over 3 months) went up slightly from 5.3 to 5.5 (6.0 is diabetic). And this blood test was taken 3 months after I had started the IH top 6.

So either the IH supplements made my body WORSE, or the high meat diet made it worse, and I think the latter is correct.

In my opinion, our insulin sensitivity has more to do with our iron storse than it does how much sugars and carbs we eat. People who eat red meat are much more likely to get diabetes. So if you want to go with a high meat diet, make sure you donate blood as often as possible to lower your iron stores.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:06 am

I thought Walnuts are not replacements for Fish oil ~ nonetheless they are good to eat in moderation.

I have been eating walnut after each meal for almost 1+ months and it is a keeper, it is supposed to help if you take it after eating a high fat meal. It has also helped me become very regular, as it has good fiber content as well. And I like the taste as well....

Walnut Info

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I wanted to add, I don't think the veggie diet is perfect by any means, I'm just saying I think it's better than a meat-based diet. I developed an underactive thyroid after a years and I think it was from eating raw brocolli and cauliflower, because if you don't cook it it can cause an iodine deficiency. I'm trying to solve that problem with iodine though. I also drink Mountain Dew soda a lot and I've read that also contains bromide which limits your iodine intake.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Dude, cut down on that halogens - I hope you are done with Sodas, specifically Tocic Mountain Dew laden with Bromide, BTW this includes Gatorade...

Espio wrote:I wanted to add, I don't think the veggie diet is perfect by any means, I'm just saying I think it's better than a meat-based diet. I developed an underactive thyroid after a years and I think it was from eating raw brocolli and cauliflower, because if you don't cook it it can cause an iodine deficiency. I'm trying to solve that problem with iodine though. I also drink Mountain Dew soda a lot and I've read that also contains bromide which limits your iodine intake.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Well what else is there to eat as a bulk food? I suppose green beans is okay, but I don't really like them. All the other veggies that are decent as a bulk food have bromide: cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:15 am

cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...

man we even now condemn such foods... These are supposed to be the best superfoods around...anti-estrogenic and anti-aromatase.They contain valuable quantities of DIM
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:15 am

Espio wrote:I wanted to add, I don't think the veggie diet is perfect by any means, I'm just saying I think it's better than a meat-based diet. I developed an underactive thyroid after a years and I think it was from eating raw brocolli and cauliflower, because if you don't cook it it can cause an iodine deficiency. I'm trying to solve that problem with iodine though. I also drink Mountain Dew soda a lot and I've read that also contains bromide which limits your iodine intake.

Soda sucks.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:17 am

i really want people who state that to elaborate, please :

"I developed an underactive thyroid after a years and I think it was from eating raw brocolli and cauliflower,because if you don't cook it it can cause an iodine deficiency"
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 am

edony wrote:cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...

man we even now condemn such foods... These are supposed to be the best superfoods around...anti-estrogenic and anti-aromatase.They contain valuable quantities of DIM

There is no such thing as a superfood.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA355093

Q Is Broccoli Bad for the Thyroid?
I have low thyroid function and am being treated with thyroid hormone replacement. I've recently become concerned about eating cruciferous vegetables, which I understand can interfere with thyroid synthesis. Should I avoid them?
A Answer (Published 6/21/2005)

No, you should keep enjoying them. It is true that cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower contain natural chemicals called goitrogens (goiter producers) that can interfere with thyroid hormone synthesis. Other foods that contain these chemicals include corn, sweet potatoes, lima beans, turnips, peanuts, cassava (YUCA), canola oil and soybeans. Fortunately, the goitrogens in these foods are inactivated by cooking, even by light steaming, so there is no need to forego the valuable antioxidant and cancer- protective effects cruciferous vegetables afford.

However, if you habitually eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables raw, you should let your physician know. A simple blood test can reveal whether or not the dose of the thyroid hormone replacement drug you are taking is adequate. You should have a blood test once a year in any event. Your dose may need to be adjusted if you gain or lose weight, if you are pregnant, and, sometimes, if you start or stop birth control pills. Some medications, including antacids containing aluminum, can also interfere with thyroid hormone absorption and require an adjustment in dosage.

You should further be aware that excess consumption of soy can be a problem when you're taking thyroid replacement medication. Be sure to tell your physician how much soy you're eating so your dosage can be adjusted, if necessary. Eating soy foods at the same time that you take thyroid hormone can interfere with its absorption so, to be safe, don't eat soy within three hours of taking your medication. You are unlikely to run into a problem with moderate soy consumption - one serving a day of whole soy products, such as one cup of soy milk or one half cup of tofu, soy protein (tempeh), or crispy soy nuts.

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:06 am

When I started on a raw foods diet, my TSH went from 2.15 to 3.79 in a year.

I'm still eating raw foods a lot, but I'm taking Lugol's 2 drops per day to hopefully counter the effect of eating so much raw food. If I wasn't taking iodine, I would definitely start cooking my food.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 am

I think that determining ones own metabolic or nutritional type can help determine whether a meat-based diet or a vegetarian-based diet is right for you.

This link discusses the oxidation type and more importantly, how to figure out what type you are.

http://www.yourpersonalwebmd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=118

About 15-years ago I tried a 95% juicing diet (80% vegetable/15% fruit/5% solid food). I developed the Ragland's sign signature of hypotension/low thyroid.

I had a mission back then with that diet, to kill hair loss. It didn't grow hair, but it did seem to halt it. And yes I used a lot of parsley in EVERY single vegetable drink, as I had learned that was the third-most nutritious vegetable.

But in the end, my strength was sapped and while I had a cleanse of a lifetime, it wasn't the correct food for my nutritional type. And as mentioned I didn't feel my best with hypotension/low thyroid. Switching eventually to high fat and high meat I was back into the swing of things, but unfortunately, like everybody else I had to debunk all the dogma that was being taught that didn't apply to my personal health.

I believe that nutritional typing resolves the age old question why low-fat, vegetable diet for some people and high fat, heavy meat works for others. Some need a little of both too. Slow, medium or fast oxidizers.

I believe the question of nutritional type/metabolic type also resolves the question of acid/alkaline balance.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:21 am

CS - isn't there our "instinct" food to solve the "problem" ? i mean...wow !!! I still do not know if i'm more prone to acid or alkalin , or whatever oxidizer speed i have....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:36 am

europe - Anytime I have traveled to Europe the food quality I think is superior and there isn't as much processed food there. If this is the case where you live, then I think you're right. It should be instinct to eat the right for you.

In America, there is so much processed and fake food it is crazy. Food chemists have figured out how to trick our instincts into eating sinfully delicious food that makes the mind happy and the body in turmoil.

Also, anytime I have traveled the first thing I notice is wow--look at all these thin, slender, healthy people!

But I think our evil western food is spreading throughout the world, because the obesity epidemic is starting to increase in other nations. Sorry for the tangent.

Basically, I agree with what you're saying.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down