Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Breakfast Ideas EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Breakfast Ideas EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Breakfast Ideas EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Breakfast Ideas EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Breakfast Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Breakfast Ideas EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Breakfast Ideas EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Breakfast Ideas EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Breakfast Ideas EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Breakfast Ideas

+6
CausticSymmetry
hadrion
angstman
act
Irenicus
helpmyhair1
10 posters

Go down

Breakfast Ideas Empty Breakfast Ideas

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:19 am

Since alot of us here are trying to cut down on grains, it would help to get some ideas as to what to eat for breakfast. Since cereal, pancakes, waffles, toast, etc is out of the equation, what are some good ideas for breakfast?

Also try and include some that are quick and easy for people who don't have time to make a full out breakfast in the morning. Thats pretty much why so many people eat cereal - convenience.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Breakfast Ideas Empty Re: Breakfast Ideas

Post  Irenicus Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:52 am

My breakfasts all depend upon how much time I have in the morning. My schedule changes seemingly day to day so I have to change up my breakfasts a lot.

Smoothie: Coconut and/or raw goat's milk/yogurt base, raw egg, vanilla, blueberries or raspberries or cherries, little raw honey throw some green food powder and maca and ginseng in the mix .

Fresh juice: kale, sliver of apple, carrot, blueberry, ginger, lemon celery is what I had today, mixed it up with a raw egg and some maca and down the hatch. Little bit of raw goat's milk.

Eggs are great for breakfast, either scrambled up with some various veggies fried in coconut oil or just hard boil a bunch, use them for quick meals and snacks throughout the day.

I also make yogurt out of the raw goat's milk i purchase, use that for smoothies sometimes or just mix with some berries and raw honey.

Even just grabbing a handful of almonds, i like sprouted the best, and a hardboiled egg works.

I'm sure people on here with a little more time than me will have many other and better suggestions, but there are a few to get you started and thinking.

Honestly cutting out grains makes you have to use your brain a little bit more for all meals, breakfast included. Breakfast for me is the easy meal, but due to my constantly changing schedule and pretty stressful life at the moment, the other meals are my problem and where I fail most often. I have noticed that if you can get the breakfast down it really seems to set the mood of the day, and it is easier to stick with it. If I end up grabbing a bagel and running for the door, it is easy to justify eating bad all day, and "starting again tomorrow", which for me is a trap and I end up eating like crap for a week. Might be why my progress has been very low at this point.

Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:06 am

I usually just go for a piece of hardly cooked fish, or lately some almond milk (unsweetened) with some Psyllium in it. On days off I'll get more creative, but it's usually nothing too much more than some sort of very rare meat and a low carb drink.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:15 am

I scramble 3 brown farm eggs with coconut oil, salt, pepper, and capsicum and also make a bowl of gluten-free oatmeal in 5 minutes every morning. When I dont have the oatmeal, I make a gluten-free waffle in the toaster.
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 am

I take 3 eggs and make an omlette with some diced up chicken in it with baby spinach. I cook it in coconut oil. It usually shuts me down fairly long hunger wise and I don't eat any bread/carbs with it. Once you get into the habit of making it every morning you'll realize it takes less than 10 mins total.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:32 am

For me, I usually skip breakfast. Maybe once every few months I'll go out for breakfast and sin--cinnamon French Toast (and by the way, the cinnamon makes it a lot less sinful). Of course, wouldn't dream of this without taking a handful of protective supplements.

My actual first meal of the day usually is lunch, heavy in protein and fat, with usually rice or potatoes on the side.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 am

I tend to skip breakfast as well. I've been following a leangains.com type protocol and fasting for 16 hrs of the day and eating from about 12-8pm. I wouldn't really recommend that until you get a handle on your diet first though.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:15 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:For me, I usually skip breakfast. Maybe once every few months I'll go out for breakfast and sin--cinnamon French Toast (and by the way, the cinnamon makes it a lot less sinful). Of course, wouldn't dream of this without taking a handful of protective supplements.

My actual first meal of the day usually is lunch, heavy in protein and fat, with usually rice or potatoes on the side.

CS , can u elaborate on your regimen when eating such foods ? whats the protective supplements ?

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 am

Protein powder, green powder, two raw eggs, scoop of colostrum, TBSP of MCT oil, - throw it in the Magic Bullet - perfect breakfast!

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 am

scottyc33 wrote:Protein powder, green powder, two raw eggs, scoop of colostrum, TBSP of MCT oil, - throw it in the Magic Bullet - perfect breakfast!

hey scotty, which protein powder are you using? I ask because there has been some talks around here as to some protein being bad for hair..ie soy.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 am

also whats the general consensus on eating raw eggs in a shake or something. Good for you? bad for you? pros and cons?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 am

AboDi wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:For me, I usually skip breakfast. Maybe once every few months I'll go out for breakfast and sin--cinnamon French Toast (and by the way, the cinnamon makes it a lot less sinful). Of course, wouldn't dream of this without taking a handful of protective supplements.

CS , can u elaborate on your regimen when eating such foods ? whats the protective supplements ?

All the basic stuff I use for the hair loss regimen, along with green tea extract. If I eat something really sinful I like to take a lot of Spirulina before hand.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 am

helpmyhair1 - Nothing wrong with this approach (raw eggs).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Tried my first breakfast without cows milk this morning, had some Greek yoghurt with brewers yeast, some berries and oats with almond milk. Cereal is so quick which is why it's hard for me to substitute it, being strapped for time as it is in the morning and getting up as early as I can.

Wouldn't mind having a boiled egg or two every day, but is that safe, does it lead to any deficiencies over the long-term? Would salmon every day cause mercury poisoning?

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down