Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Alkaline Diet EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Alkaline Diet EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Alkaline Diet EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Alkaline Diet EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Alkaline Diet EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Alkaline Diet EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Alkaline Diet EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Alkaline Diet EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Alkaline Diet EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alkaline Diet

2 posters

Go down

Alkaline Diet Empty Alkaline Diet

Post  Genetickz Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi, I'm just wondering what people here think about the alkaline diet? (Not necessarily to prevent hair loss, but just in general)
If you are not familiar with it, it basically involves making sure that your diet involves about 80% alkaline foods (such as green vegetables, nuts, etc), and trying to avoid highly acid foods (sugars, meats, etc).

I have been trying to eat more and more following this principle recently, and it does seem to make me feel better and have less stomach issues. But of course, those benefits could be simply due to a higher intake of vegetables, and less sugar.

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Alkaline Diet Empty Re: Alkaline Diet

Post  tooyoung Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Quote CS:

"Making a long story short, the whole notion of pH for foods is completely wrong. There are previous threads about this, which might be buried within a lot of misinformation about pH and alkalinity.

Without getting into too much detail, where pH really counts is inside the cell, not in the intestine. When foods are consumed, it is actually better to have an intestinal pH of 4.5 to 5.5, not 7.0 or higher. Also consider that lactic acid bacteria are essentially acidic.

Food and minerals cannot be properly broken down without our own stomach acid, which is very acidic.

The popularity of alkaline water is a misnomer, its not the alkalinity that is so beneficial, it's because it's negatively charged, alkalinity is only a side-effect of ionization. If it's not ionized alkaline water, then it's not worth drinking.
Would prefer to drink acid water instead.

Making a short story longer - Regarding blood pH, the thyroid handles that part of it. Interestingly, many people have a blood pH that exceeds 7.2, which is pro-cancer. When pH ranges in the blood are brought down from 7.3 or 7.4 to 7.2, there is less of a problem. "

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply tooyoung.
The water I'm drinking is also ionized water so I guess there must be some positive to drinking it. Here in Japan it is actually available for free from a water dispenser in the supermarket. Strangely enough, a few people here have told me that you shouldn't really drink it, and just use it for cooking etc. I'm not sure why that is.

Its so hard to know what to believe. I read a lot about how important it is to balance the ph in the body which seemed to make a lot of sense to me and seems to be backed by science, and then other people are saying its completely false Sad
And its basically the same for any issue related to health. You can find completely contradictory information about almost anything basically telling you to do entirely opposite things.
Makes it very hard to know what to do

But as I said before, I guess even if the alkalinity thing for food is not really correct. The principles of the diet and the effects still seem beneficial.
Mostly eating green vegetables, limiting sugar and animal product intake, drinking lots of water, etc

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down