Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Amazing Astaxanthin experiments!

+5
SlowMoe
Duketronix
zeroes
NYJets
Amaranthaceae
9 posters

Go down

Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! Empty Amazing Astaxanthin experiments!

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 am

This stuff has some power.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Amazing Astaxanthin experiments! Empty Re: Amazing Astaxanthin experiments!

Post  NYJets Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 am

Good stuff here. What is the recommended does to help the brain?

How telling is this demonstration? (does it net scientific data)

What brand do you guys use?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am

Doesn't this hurt the entire blood flow theory considering how bald the guy is? Granted we don't know how long he has taken antioxidents for.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 am

More than a good antioxidant would be needed to restore the capillary network the blood flow theories are based on. Doubt this guy would have been on this stuff more than a couple years anyway based on how recently it's become popular and if the damage is done just popping some pills ain't gonna bring it all back imo. You need to deal with other factors and stimulate the scalp to loosen and repair.
...I think...

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 am

^ this
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Duketronix wrote:More than a good antioxidant would be needed to restore the capillary network the blood flow theories are based on. Doubt this guy would have been on this stuff more than a couple years anyway based on how recently it's become popular and if the damage is done just popping some pills ain't gonna bring it all back imo. You need to deal with other factors and stimulate the scalp to loosen and repair.
...I think...

Yes, it's looking like the only way to even have a chance at beating MPB (when already expressed NW 2 +) is an all in kitchen sink approach hitting from all angles including IH and similar internals, manual methods/laser helmet, thyroid, metal detox, colonics, raw fruit/veg juice smoothies, gaps/peat diet, de stressors such as yoga/tai chi and some more intense exercise such as weight lifting/sprints(dont pass 45mins) 2-3 times a week, essential oils, poly 80, handstands....Low emf exposure (guilty as sin on this one), the beach-agree with mastery on this one(as ridiculous as it sounds) the summers I surfed I not only had little loss I think my hair improved so definitely something there for guys who still have it.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:45 am

Thanks for posting.

I have read a ton of amazing stuff on astaxanthin. It is one of the supps I will take for life.

I take 2 krill oil and one of these a day to get 7.5mg per day.

http://hairevo.com/shop/36-astakrill-astaxanthin-1-bottle.html

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 am

I would like to known how the astaxanthin was used in preparation for the egg test. Was it fed to the chickens who provided the eggs? I find that test very interesting, but the methods would need to be known and scientifically, it obviously isn't going to hold up. But observationally, its pretty interesting so long as it wasn't a blatant scam.

How does astaxanthin compare to ecklonia cava. I know we are talking about two different antioxidant pigments here, but are there other benefits to ecklonia that are going to cause it to outweigh the astaxanthin?

Also, does anyone know the half-life of astaxanthin in the body? We know EC has a pretty long half-life which might make it more valuable.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 am

Astaxanthin peaks in the blood about 6 to 10 hours after supplementation and starts to drop off. Generally it will last about 16 hours plus or minus 5 or 6. Most of the studies examining the half-life have used 40 to 100 mg doses (quite high).

Astaxanthin itself is different than Ecklonia Cava in many ways. Their properties are unique and cannot be compared, except for the fat soluble part and they both share a high ORAC value (with Ecklonia Cava having 2000 more) There is a percentage of people for unknown reasons who cannot metabolize astaxanthin, albeit, small.

Both are good for their own reasons.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 am

astaxanthin raises testosterone and causes me to lose more hair.

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 am

Astaxanthin helps lower DHT. It is a wide and prevailing myth that testosterone cause hair loss, actually the opposite is true. There are more losing hair with lower testosterone. Astaxanthin is a natural inhibitor of 5AR (J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008; 5: 12.)

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am

I like what you said about higher testosterone being good, because it does feel good to bump it up.

It's great that it shows on paper (sponsered trial) that the 5AR is lowered, but in real life, in my case, I tried astaxanthin and it caused shedding, and when I stopped taking it, the hair loss stopped.

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:08 am

hairdecent wrote:I like what you said about higher testosterone being good, because it does feel good to bump it up.

It's great that it shows on paper (sponsered trial) that the 5AR is lowered, but in real life, in my case, I tried astaxanthin and it caused shedding, and when I stopped taking it, the hair loss stopped.

Do you experience any problems with digestion?

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:08 am

Thanks CS. And also, pertaining to the testosterone/hair loss connection and without trying to derail this thread completely, when one has a testosterone level measured, does "Total T" also include "DHT". My total t was very low, but my hair loss is rapid. If DHT was high, this might explain the low total T reading, so long as the total measurement wasn't also measuring DHT. It might suggest low SHBG.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 am

Yes, total testosterone just means bound and unbound together. So when low, there is a greater tendency for DHT to be higher. However, if testosterone and DHT are both low, SHBG is probably very low.

Andrologia. 2008 Oct;40(5):298-302.
Decline of plasma 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels upon testosterone administration to elderly men with subnormal plasma testosterone and high DHT levels.
Gooren LJ, Saad F, Haide A, Yassin A.

Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. ljgooren@truemail.co.th

The study was performed to measure the impact of testosterone (T) administration on circulating levels of 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Group 1 (32 men; mean age 61 years; mean T 6.9 +/- 1.9 nmol l(-1)) were treated for 15 months with long-acting T undecanoate. Group 2 (23 men, mean age 60 years, mean T 7.6 +/- 2.0 nmol l(-1)) were treated for 9 months with T gel. Plasma T and DHT were measured before and after 9 months T administration. In the men treated with T undecanoate plasma T and DHT were also measured after 12 and 15 months. Before T administration, plasma DHT ranged from 0.39 to 1.76 nmol l(-1) (0.30-1.90 nmol l(-1)). Mean DHT declined upon T administration from 0.95 +/- 0.50 to 0.55 +/- 0.30 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.05). With an arbitrary cut-off at 0.60 nmol l(-1), all 21 values of DHT > 0.60 nmol l(-1) had fallen from 1.29 +/- 0.50 to 0.70 +/- 0.60 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.01). Below this cut-off point 13 values rose and 21 fell upon T administration. Below this cut-off point values on average declined from 0.39 +/- 0.12 to 0.30 +/- 0.14 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.05). The study revealed that in a cohort of elderly men with subnormal plasma T levels plasma DHT levels declined upon T administration when they were in the higher range of normal (>0.6 nmol l(-1)), with a profound shift of DHT/T ratios presumed to be an indicator of a reduced 5alpha-reductase activity. Below plasma DHT levels of 0.6 nmol l(-1), responses of plasma DHT to T administration varied.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 am

That dude if funnay
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
hairdecent wrote:I like what you said about higher testosterone being good, because it does feel good to bump it up.

Do you experience any problems with digestion?

Yes digestion is a little bumpy. Just started drinking Kombucha.

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down