Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding?

2 posters

Go down

Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? Empty Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding?

Post  sanderson Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:07 am

I'm in no way advcating the use of finasteride because it is extremely dangerous drug and no one should do it, but was very curious about this.

If you were on finasteride and experienced a decrease of hair loss, and while on finasteride, you used potent topicals (stuff like ACV, coconut oil, emu oil, etc etc) and let's say that the topicals were actually helping your hair loss, do you think that will help you to combat the DHT uproar and shedding that will occur when you discontinue finasteride usage?

If you are not familiar with what I'm talking about, typically when someone comes off finasteride or duasteride, they will experience massive shedding period when their hair loss super accelerates. (i'm guessing because DHT is now back with much higher amounts, not sure though, read something about receptors working again)

Curious to hear from people that have experience with understanding DHT...

here's a thread on someone talking abuot coming off dut if your curious to read more into it: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t865-coming-off-dutasteride

Besides topicals, other things also like circum/reservatrol, r-lipoic acid, biotin, other internals, etc

I am curious if people should "prepare" ahead of time before quitting maybe a month to stop the shed?

Or what the best ways to combat the shed?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? Empty Re: Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding?

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 am

my understanding was that with fin or dut you return to where you were prior to using them. they shouldnt accelerate your loss by coming off of them. its usually the minox that accelerates your loss when you discontinue. tho if you continued with a natural antiandrogen and you were experiencing the shed as a result of coming off i think it should mitigate your loss. were i you i would try a topical antiandrogen, and i would put that oregno oil or one similar on the scalp. thyme oil wont cause the rash that oregano causes.

on the life extension forums a guy lists lots of herbs which from in vitro studies have shown antiandrogenic capabilities and he links to the study for each one.

ill show it to you when i find it it again. he also tells how to make extracts.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding? Empty Re: Hypothetically, Will Potent Topicals/Internals While On Fin Decrease Shedding From Post Fin Shedding?

Post  sanderson Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 am

LawOfThelema wrote:my understanding was that with fin or dut you return to where you were prior to using them. they shouldnt accelerate your loss by coming off of them. its usually the minox that accelerates your loss when you discontinue. tho if you continued with a natural antiandrogen and you were experiencing the shed as a result of coming off i think it should mitigate your loss. were i you i would try a topical antiandrogen, and i would put that oregno oil or one similar on the scalp. thyme oil wont cause the rash that oregano causes.

on the life extension forums a guy lists lots of herbs which from in vitro studies have shown antiandrogenic capabilities and he links to the study for each one.

ill show it to you when i find it it again. he also tells how to make extracts.

interesting. thank you very much for your input, you always give me good information law.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:07 pm

I do my best dude. It's a learning experience and everyone here is in this together lol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down