Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off.

+2
KidCali
sizzlinghairs
6 posters

Go down

Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. Empty Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off.

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey guys, back with another brushing thread. I think this is a useful topic as I know there are obviously a number of boar brushers out there.

Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think would help speed up the regrowth of hair , post brushing sessions?

The main one I use every time is an Aloe/MSM mixture. 14 grams MSM in 100mL of pure organic aloe gel. I cant say if its helping at all, but it shouldnt be hurting.

The two others I have some concern about are topicals I was using before I started brushing. I still use them occcasionally. They are: 1) miconazole nitrate (growth agent) and

2)1% hydrocortisone (anti-inflammatory, helps stop loss, has been shown to even grow hair on its own).

Along with thoughts on what topicals would be beneficial, do you guys think a very weak corticosteroid like hydrocortisone could inhibit the healing of the possible micro wounding occuring with brushing? It has been shown to retard wound healing in rats to some degree in early stages, but Im assuming at much higher concentrations. Hydrocortisone has been shown to have many positive hair growth effects, but in the presence of micro wounds it has me guessing.

And with miconazole, I tried to find something on it inhibiting wound regeneration, but all I came up with is a similar antifungal, clotrimazole, showing possible inhibition of wound healing, nothing concrete though. Miconazole nitrate has been shown to speed up hair growth, thicken, and possibly halt loss on its own, but again, in the presence of micro wounding I am second guessing its use (dont want it prevent/slow healing). But I do not have anything to substantiate this. Do you guys think an anti-fungal could retard healing of micro wounds?

So to sum up: what are your thoughts on my topicals and what topicals do you guys think would be beneficial post brushing?

Feedback on all topics, as always, greatly appreciated!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. Empty Re: Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off.

Post  KidCali Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Someone with more knowledge on this should respond rather than me. But I believe hydrocortisone causes joint and cartilage damage, tendon rupture and even irreversible chemical changes at the site where it is injected.

So, even though you are just using it topically and at a low concentration - do you really want to be messing with that stuff so close to your brain?

The micro wounds I assume would allow better absorption of Miconazole nitrate, which could either be a good or a bad thing depending on your stance on synthetic chemicals.

I would assume that most synthetic chemicals would make wound healing more difficult as the body probably has to remove / detox the chemical first.

I'm guessing on pretty much all of this though.

sizzlinghairs wrote:

The two others I have some concern about are topicals I was using before I started brushing. I still use them occcasionally. They are: 1) miconazole nitrate (growth agent) and

2)1% hydrocortisone (anti-inflammatory, helps stop loss, has been shown to even grow hair on its own).

KidCali

Back to top Go down

Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off. Empty Re: Discussion on post brushing topicals, their possible effectiveness, and thoughts on the ones I use on and off.

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Nettle leaf vodka extract.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks for feedback so far kid and cpio.

Kid: yeah those things you mention with hydrocortisone are extreme examples from high high doses. It's known as the least potent corticosteroid and that's why is sold OTC. About the miconazole, yeah I would prolly prefer not to put synthetics
On my head but still curious to know if miconazole does slow wound healing.

Cpio: nettle sounds good but my body rejects any kind of anti 5ar or anti androgenic substances, no matter how small the amount , topical or internally, unfortunately. Bad sides with quick onset

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  KidCali Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:53 am

About the miconazole, it's pretty much in the same league as ketoconazole and I'll admit that I'm considering adding a 1% shampoo to my regimen (I'll also admit that I got the idea from Moe's haha, well and Zix). I've got the bottle of shampoo already, I'm just sitting with the idea of whether or not I want to go that route.

I personally use real aloe vera gel after brushing and although I don't think it promotes regrowth that much, I've been using it for years and I think it definitely helps you keep what you have because it keeps inflammation down - especially controls itching and pimples on your head if you're prone to them (which I am).

I've been eating stinging nettle as part of my diet on and off for years, and when I do, I really think it helps. I'd have it as teas, soups, plain raw with some water added - But I like the taste haha.

KidCali

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:31 am

I used colloidal silver, now I am using ionic Ag-Au-Cu (Labcatal in Europe). I don't brush, I just rub the balding spots with some ginger root. I did see some new hairs, but not a lot...the most important for me seems to be internal problems, I had my best hair on a low sugar/carb diet...unfortunately on that diet I was cold and hungry all the time, couldn't do it anymore. But it confirms jdp's theory regarding pathogenic component of hair loss, sugar and carbs feed pathogens that release stuff blocking vit d receptors-> downregulation of the innate immune system-> "autoimmune" diseases. Also CGA in coffee seems to do the same. Here detailed explication: http://synergyhn.wordpress.com/cga/. Also sugar making one feeling better when sick, is true in my experience...showing it shuts down the immune response.

Always wondered how some people on this forum report doing better on high sugar diets...seems they don't have high path loads

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Bumping this again. I think its a good discussion, curious as to what people think could be beneficial for regrowth post-brushing.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:34 pm

dreft wrote:I used colloidal silver, now I am using ionic Ag-Au-Cu (Labcatal in Europe). I don't brush, I just rub the balding spots with some ginger root. I did see some new hairs, but not a lot...the most important for me seems to be internal problems, I had my best hair on a low sugar/carb diet...unfortunately on that diet I was cold and hungry all the time, couldn't do it anymore. But it confirms jdp's theory regarding pathogenic component of hair loss, sugar and carbs feed pathogens that release stuff blocking vit d receptors-> downregulation of the innate immune system-> "autoimmune" diseases. Also CGA in coffee seems to do the same. Here detailed explication: http://synergyhn.wordpress.com/cga/. Also sugar making one feeling better when sick, is true in my experience...showing it shuts down the immune response.

Always wondered how some people on this forum report doing better on high sugar diets...seems they don't have high path loads
Dreft, i couldnt agree more with your post and tnx for posting it. For CGA, also green tea, apples and pomegranates are not a great food. I guess moderation is the key as in everything, but if one have big problems with autoimmunity, CGA should be avoided, regardless if it makes one feel better. Being better on sugar diet is shortsided for such people. When immune system is back online, one shouldnt feel radically better when consuming such food, imo...

Congrats for your results.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 am

I've been doing towel scrubs for 2 months now, and for the last month been taking roughly 10 - 15 grams of MSM a day internally, and applying the high concentrate MSM topical straight after scrubs too (twice a day).

I'm definitely seeing regrowth - the few hairs I did have have thickened up and there are new hairs coming in. I was wondering how much was due to the scrubs and how much was the MSM - let's just put it this way, I have eyebrows growing in places I never knew I had eyebrows :-), so the MSM topical is pretty powerful stuff.

There are new terminals coming in at the back of my head and on the sides too. It's still early days but I'm very confident.

I definitely think manual methods and high potency topicals can work well together.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 am

Thanks for sharing Potter. What concentration is your MSM topical? My concentration, as mentioned above, is 14 grams MSM in 100 mL aloe gel.

Also, could you briefly (super condensed version) describe what the towel technique is? Or maybe point me to a link where it is the core description?

Thanks mang.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for sharing Potter. What concentration is your MSM topical? My concentration, as mentioned above, is 14 grams MSM in 100 mL aloe gel.

Also, could you briefly (super condensed version) describe what the towel technique is? Or maybe point me to a link where it is the core description?

Thanks mang.
Hey Sizzling - the concentration is roughly 20 grams (possibly more - I just dumped in about 4 dessert spoons) to 100ml distilled water.

I like that you added the benefits of aloe, that's a good idea.

The towel method is super simple brother, you simply take a towel and scrub away at your bald areas. I just do my whole head for good measure.

You can't be shy though, because the idea is to reopen the capillary networks in your scalp, thus supplying the papillae with the necessary blood.

I grab my towel with both hands and make a fist and really get in there with my knuckles until my whole scalp is engorged with blood. If you want more info just search towel method, or margo method, or *cough* papilla power. It's all over this forum so you shouldn't have a problem.

I do it about 5 mins morning and evening. Then I just spray on the liquid MSM (thanks for the tip by the way Ferox :-)

Hope that helps...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks potter.

I guess boar brushing and toweling are basically the same, effect wise. Both are aiming to stimulate blood flow, possibly micro wound a bit, to encourage new growth.

Do you by any chance have msm crystals left over in your distilled water/MSM mix? Reason I ask is the place I got the directions to make mine I think mentioned that the maximum amount of MSM that could be dissolved in 100mL water was 15 grams.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:12 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks potter.

I guess boar brushing and toweling are basically the same, effect wise. Both are aiming to stimulate blood flow, possibly micro wound a bit, to encourage new growth.

Do you by any chance have msm crystals left over in your distilled water/MSM mix? Reason I ask is the place I got the directions to make mine I think mentioned that the maximum amount of MSM that could be dissolved in 100mL water was 15 grams.
Yup, definitely - there's a lot of wounding going on with the way I do things, I can tell you that - I don't know how helpful that is, but it's gonna happen.

No, there are no crystals left over in the mix itself, only when the solution dries on my head - it kinda looks like sea salt when you've been in the sea water and you get those salt crystals forming on your skin when the sea water dries. Rubs off really easily though, like a powder.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:27 am

Yeah, I get those same salts with my mixture as well. When I went down to 13 grams per 100 mL though last batch, no sea salt crystals on my head.

Thanks, hopefully we will get the results we are looking for through this manual stuff

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Yeah, I get those same salts with my mixture as well. When I went down to 13 grams per 100 mL though last batch, no sea salt crystals on my head.

Thanks, hopefully we will get the results we are looking for through this manual stuff
Thanks bro - I'm sure that we will :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down