Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
when to take supplements while on WD EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
when to take supplements while on WD EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
when to take supplements while on WD EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

when to take supplements while on WD

3 posters

Go down

when to take supplements while on WD Empty when to take supplements while on WD

Post  edony Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:19 am

IH-
I am on the warrior diet some days of the week as per Prague's recommendations,eating just fruits,salads and maybe some cheese,eggs and nuts throughout the day until a big dinner at night.
Supplementation aims at reducing oxidative stress due to food intake ,keeping insulin low thus controlling inflammation.
Since I believe i already keep insulin under control thru diet,what's the optimal time for using the supplements?
I'm currently on
curcumin-resv
Tocotrienols
ALA-ALC
Taurine
maca-kudzu
C.L.O
EC
co-enzyme B COMPLEX
vit K2 - D3
Egcg

1)- I believe that some of them need full stomach (fat-soluble) like tocotrienols,curc-resv ,cod liver oil ,K2-D3 so how do I take them since I m mostly without cooked food thru the day?Can i max out their effect even if i dont eat?
2)- EC and Egcg on completely empty stomach or i need food for absorption,as well?
3)- Can I limit my ALA-ALC to only once daily before my big meal?
4)- Does the amount of dietary fibers in my veggies and salads(i have two big bowls of salad with all kind of veggies at noon and night) inhibit absorption of my regimen?
5)Taurine as being a free form a.a how much prior to a meal? Half an hour is fine?

Lots of questions here but in fact is just 2 !If ALL supplements work equally good without any food (completely empty stomach) or eating is a neccessity since stomach acids destroy them?
and secondly -If an abundance of dietary fibers make them useless.
I just bought bromelain and digestive enzymes.Do you think they can assist w absorption maximizing my regimen's effect while fasting?
Thanks in advance !
edony
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

when to take supplements while on WD Empty Re: when to take supplements while on WD

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 am

edony - As you suggested, take the fat solubles with your main meal. This would include Tocotrienols, CLO, Vitamin K2/D3. It would be a good idea to take the co-enzyme B-complex with the main meal also. Also you can take the ALC/ALA with the main meal too.

EC you would want to take in the morning and also with the main meal.

The salads/veggies won't get in the way of the supplements.

Taurine would work before the meal and the protein enzymes could be taken during or after the meal.
Although the directions usually call for enzymes before the meal, they work better during or after since
they work best during the alkaline phase of digestion.

EGCG and Curcumin-Resv, hopefully one of these prior to your main meal
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

when to take supplements while on WD Empty Re: when to take supplements while on WD

Post  lund Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:04 am

And why do you want to take enzymes? if you are eating such a wonderful (live and natural) diet, you are getting all what you need from these fruits and vegetables - please make sure there is "A" reason for your enzyme's indulgence.

From what I have read, use of enzymes creates a dependency that you probably want to be aware of. For someone with poor digestion and a known enzyme deficiency, it is one thing [gas, gerd, flatulence, heartburn, constipation, extremely foul stoo, etc] - but thinking it will always help you assimilate and absorb more is probably incorrect.

Unless you are deficient (old age, diseased, known gut/pancreatic/bile) issues, your body should be producing the enzymes you need. On top, your choice diet seems near perfect natural food needing very little to digest...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:13 am

Lund-

I was talking about bromelain and/or digestive enzymes to assist with absorption of the supplements.Absorption of supplements requires some kind of bulk in stomach and secretion of natural acids & enzymes.
When these are absent,such in my case since i usually fast most of the day dig. enzymes should come really handy.I've read numerous studies on this(i.e. better absorption of whey protein using proteolytic enzymes) ,i believe i can get the most out of my regimen even on empty stomach.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:45 am

CausticSymmetry wrote: 1)It would be a good idea to take the co-enzyme B-complex with the main meal also.

2)EC you would want to take in the morning

3)Taurine would work before the meal

4) EGCG and Curcumin-Resv, hopefully one of these prior to your main meal

IH,some thoughts...
1)- I use the co-B by country life.Directions on bottle:take 1 hour prior to a meal or 2h after a meal. Do you think just before is better?

2)- Does EC require food to be absorbed?Can i take it in the morning without any food following or just some fruit or veggies?Would that be enough assimilation?

3)- "before meal" meaning an hour before?no need for food?

4)- curc-resv are fat-soluble?What about Egcg ?

5)- What do you think about using bromelain or digestive enzymes?if i take them simultaneously with some things in my regimen can they help w better absorption if i fast all day until late evening.? i.e. use a cap of digestive enzyme/bromelain with a cap EC and Egcg in the morning and no food at all or just a fruit.
Generally speaking ,can proteolytic/digestive enzyme supplementation enhance the absorption and maximize the action of the rest of my supplements?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 am

I am sorry, I do not get it. What has enzymes to do with you not eating and fasting during the day?

You need enzymes to digest the food - break it down so that it can be absorbed. Anything that gets to the intestine will cause the enzymes to flow (from bile, pancreas, etc) to help break down the intake (food or supplements).

If you are totally fasting [ no food intake] and are trying to take a supplement that is only Fat soluble, you will need to eat some fat with it - even couple fish oil capsules should do it. On the other hand, if your supplement is water soluble, you just need water - that's it.

If you are trying to substitute Fat/oil with enzymes, I am not sure it makes sense to me...

Supps to be taken empty stomach should be fine for you. Supps you need with meal (because fat is needed), you can take couple fish oils (hopefully not enteric coated) or take it with some olive oil / cocunut oil and you should be good to go. This will cause the enzymes to come...

Protein has to be broken down to get to the amino acids and as such requires the enzyme as part of the digestion - your body is fully capable of handling the needs there, as long the system is not compromised and you are not taking gobly gobs of protein all day long - you do not generally need additional enzymes.

My only concern with enzymes is that there is a risk / concern of dependency, you probably want to read up on that if you want to continue with enzymes. How do you know you need additional enzymes? is it because of the fast or you have other symptoms of insufficient enzymes?

edony wrote:Lund-

I was talking about bromelain and/or digestive enzymes to assist with absorption of the supplements.Absorption of supplements requires some kind of bulk in stomach and secretion of natural acids & enzymes.
When these are absent,such in my case since i usually fast most of the day dig. enzymes should come really handy.I've read numerous studies on this(i.e. better absorption of whey protein using proteolytic enzymes) ,i believe i can get the most out of my regimen even on empty stomach.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:21 pm

edony - Answers in bold

1)- I use the co-B by country life.Directions on bottle:take 1 hour prior to a meal or 2h after a meal. Do you think just before is better?

Not too much difference in this case, although it is nice to have B-vitamins with food, since it have reduce anything that raises homocysteine into harmless amino acids.

2)- Does EC require food to be absorbed?Can i take it in the morning without any food following or just some fruit or veggies?Would that be enough assimilation?

It doesn't require food, but taking it before the meal gives you protection against inflammation from the food.

3)- "before meal" meaning an hour before?no need for food?

Zero minutes to 30 minutes generally.

4)- curc-resv are fat-soluble? What about Egcg ?

They are not fat soluble.

Curcumin-Resveratrol ultimately are great to take before the meal, but if you're taking enough antioxidants you can spread them out around meals if you like.

5)- What do you think about using bromelain or digestive enzymes? if i take them simultaneously with some things in my regimen can they help w better absorption if i fast all day until late evening.? i.e. use a cap of digestive enzyme/bromelain with a cap EC and Egcg in the morning and no food at all or just a fruit.
Generally speaking ,can proteolytic/digestive enzyme supplementation enhance the absorption and maximize the action of the rest of my supplements?[/quote]

If there are digestive problems it will enhance the breakdown, but if not, then you'll get some protective against TGF-beta. Bromelain in particular is anti-inflammatory against TGF-beta.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 am

Thanks guys ,both of you

LUND-
I will further look into the matter...
Ori Hoffmeckler in his book "the warrior diet" recommends to supplement with digestive enzymes to speed up the detoxification and healing process and enhance the regimen and diet
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down