Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How to take our supplements EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How to take our supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How to take our supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How to take our supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How to take our supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How to take our supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How to take our supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How to take our supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How to take our supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How to take our supplements

+2
Nuada
ganny
6 posters

Go down

How to take our supplements Empty How to take our supplements

Post  ganny Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 am

Immortal,

Real quick. I've been taking the Top 6 plus about six others on the list. I noticed you said some supps (like lip. acid and eckonia cava) should be taken prior to a meal to help with the resulting inflammation. Do you take everything just before a meal? Multis too? I would imagine that's fine if you're about to eat anyway. Just wanted to know if there are certain supps on the list that you would call out and say, MUST TAKE BEFORE A MEAL, DURING, ETC. If they're all able to be taken just before eating cool. Was wondering mostly about multis since they're still my biggest pills. Oh, are they're any on here that must be taken way in advance of a meal?

Thanks!

Ganny

ganny

Back to top Go down

How to take our supplements Empty Re: How to take our supplements

Post  Nuada Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 am

I though ecklonia cava and lignans were empty stomach supps. I take the rest right after the meal.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 am

I also take the supps just after meals thinking that having some kind of bulk in the gut will help with digestion. I also believed that downing them on an essentially empty stomach (just before eating as IH advices) might be the very same thing as taking them on an empty stomach.
Please IH remind us the idea behind your suggestion; not that I dont believe you.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 am

I think that we want to take the majority of them before a meal.

Reason being is that it helps reduce to damage that eating food does to our bodies, especially cooked food and helps keep our blood sugar in check.

I think that I have experienced the best results when taking the supps about 20 -30 minutes before eating.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:29 am

halfempty isn't that essentially the timing for supps that are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:12 am

Yeah, some supps I wouldn't want to take so far ahead of a meal. Can I take my Acetyl L Carnitine and ALL so far in front of a meal? Right now, I just swallow it about two seconds before I begin to chow down! ; )

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 am

You should read up on each supp as to what the best time to take it, any cofactors, and how frequently.

Some are water soluble and some are fat soluble. For fat soluble, you need to take it when there is fat in the tummy (or take it with some fat e.g. fish oil).

Then for some you need the cofactors (B6, etc) - pay attention to those as well.

As an example all free form aminos are supposed to be taken on empty stomach (1 hour before meals, 2 hours after meals).

Most of the supp bottles would say how best to take it, generally that is a good starting point - for cofactors you would need to educate yourself...

Lastly there are interactions, synergies, and cancelling out strategies as well - so you may want to pay attention to those (incase it applies to the ones you are taking). As an example, if you take L-Tryptophan with other Aminos together, a competetion would occur for absorption....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 am

I don't know if immortalhair even considers interactions when he takes his own pills.

Seems like a ton of research checking for interactions but I may be wrong.

I personally try to take my pills twice per day each time with some fish oil and little while before I eat a meal.

Sometimes if my day is crazy I may take them without any food.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 am

Antioxidants taken before the meal will buffer the negative effects from high glucose and help keep insulin levels lower.

Personally, for the sake of convenience I take most of everything before the meal. I used to go to restaurants with a pocket full of stuff--but that got awkward so I got into a nice habit of just taking everything before I would even get there.

Some have trouble with some supplements if they take before a meal--it's entirely individual so for others like multi-vitamins, minerals or Omega-3 can be taken at other times if preferred.

If one has no trouble with taking an Omega-3 supplement before the meal it will help reduce the speed of conversion of starch into glucose.

Free form amino acids should be taken before a meal. Acetyl L-Carnitine absorbs quite well so that is not as critical, but nonetheless taking it before will have other advantages.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 am

I too have been in the situation where I pulled out a handful of pills and swallowed them down my gullet while people were like "what the hell, did you just swallow a shit load of pills?"

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down