Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone.

+3
a
tooyoung
blueman99
7 posters

Go down

I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. Empty I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone.

Post  blueman99 Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

Paleo diet ( aka Cavemen diet) is the most natural most common sense thing to do for hair loss I believe. Eat only meats, fruits, veggies, nuts ,eggs. I would avoid all agricultural foods like wheat, dairy, soy, gmo, high amounts of pufa and omega 6.

I don't think cavemen ever went bald since there diet had no inflammation, no insulin resistance no major problems like we have today.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. Empty Re: I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone.

Post  tooyoung Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Although a nice idea, Paleo diet has a lot of flaws. The idea behind Paleo is just general assumptions of "general knowledge" of what people thousands, millions, whatever years ago ate.

Although I generally agree with the foods you said to avoid and eat, Paleo is usually low carb, which creates a lot of problems in people, sure 6-12 months you'll feel great due to thyroid suppression I believe but low carb really is not healthy.

Also, nuts contain a ton of PUFA btw.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone. Empty Re: I highly reccomend Paleo Diet for everyone.

Post  a<r Wed May 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I agree with Tooyoung, also want to throw in that each individuals reaction to carbs is different, this is a reflection of gut bacteria metabolism, stomach acid, geneology, and a few other factors, but mostly the gut. Find carbs that suit you well.

I do really well eating granny smith apples that are chopped up in a dish with coconut oil, sea salt, spices and onions. Everything seems to cross balance and I don't get any of the negative symptoms of eating the apples (that crazily enough I do have, I have a very hard time with any sugar).

As for cavemen not going bald or having evidence of a lot of modern disease, you have to look at diet from two aspects. One, the food itself, whether or not that food is inflammitory in nature (omega six's, starch, heated, etc), this is only half of the picture, the food we eat and have eaten over thousands and thousands of years to our early ancestors to a large degree has regulated the type of bacteria inside chains of ancestors passing down the line from mother to child, and evnironment to child. For instance, I've posted studies somewhere showing that children born from mothers who have had a certain strain of bacteria on their skin, and not inside them, ended up with that bacteria in their intestines and other places.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Didn't cavemen die quite young? In their 30's? This might make it seem like there was lesser hair loss, maybe it just hadn't progressed, although this is a bit of a general assumption, lol.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

If I had to go out and hunt bears/monsters all day for food, I'd be dead by 30 too! Laughing But the problem I see with the mainstream paleo diet is that it doesn't truly reflect on what our ancestors ate.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Very common causes of death back in the day were infection of untreated wounds, people were quite fortunate to survive them. And yeah, the mainstream paleo diet is a far shot from eating raw and wild now, and moreso thousands of years ago. I moved from one of the smallest rural communities in the east coast of canada where we would eat wild moose, sea birds, ducks, caribou, salmon and trout, tons of seafood, plus our homegrown veggies ... to a city in central canada ... I ate the same foods, besides the lack of availability of seafood and Moose, and the differences are very noticable. The taste, color, texture, the way it is handled by my stomach, my excrement, all were very different between the two varities. Can only imagine how with modern pollution being a nonfactor, these "paleo" foods would have been even better all those years ago.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed May 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Even the good foods promoted by Paleo have been damaged by modern society. Meat is much more muscle meat and less fat apparently as well as chickens and animals being fed grain or soy diets, being trapped in cages with 1000 others...

a I moved from one of the smallest rural communities in the east coast of canada where we would eat wild moose, sea birds, ducks, caribou, salmon and trout, tons of seafood, plus our homegrown veggies

That sounds amazing, why did you move!

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 pm

I don't think Paleo perfect, but it sure is a better lense to look at diet than the USDA recommended diet, or the standard common wisdom of eating low fat grains, and little meat.

Yes, the average cave man did live to around 30 years of age, but the average doesn't really tell us anything. There was a much higher infant mortality rate, death during child birth, and death by infections.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed May 02, 2012 2:44 pm

As a very sick person, I had little aid and few resources in the bay areas of Newfoundland. That brought me to the capital, St. John's, and from there I hitch-hiked, flew, and rode the rest of the way across Canada until I came across people with the knowledge to help me. Now I'm on the opposite side of the continent two years later, and back to being healthy. Otherwise I probably would never have left, it's a lovely place.

To be fair, the biggest help was this website.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat May 05, 2012 6:04 am

aI don't get any of the negative symptoms of eating the apples (that crazily enough I do have, I have a very hard time with any sugar).

What negative symptoms do you get?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 05, 2012 6:21 am

Adrenal and stress problems are what it feels like, headaches, slight disorientation, moodiness, sometimes body aches.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat May 05, 2012 6:29 am

aAdrenal and stress problems are what it feels like, headaches, slight disorientation, moodiness, sometimes body aches.

Interesting. I'm a bit achey recently and had periods of disorientation, may lower sugar and see what happens, I really need to start trying to notice subtle changes in my body as I can't really tell. Are you not concerned by things such as amount of iron in steak?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 am

Not when I donate blood and use IP6. I find often that sugar cravings with me are often really either salt cravings or water cravings. Usually real sugar cravings only happen for me when my gums are bleeding.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 am

Ah yeah, I've started donating blood recently. Man, this stuff is confusing lol.

How often do you eat steak?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 am

Tooyoung – I sometimes get these feelings of being light headed after sugar if I have been out and about and eaten some PUFAs in the days before. Also I find that some magnesium and water quickly resolves these feelings. Once I stay strict for a few days these feelings disappear. I find the IH Decalcify a decent overall supplement.

My ability to metabolise fructose and glucose has increased enormously and sometimes I can feel the blood pumping through my hands and head. I would never go back paleo.

A

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat May 12, 2012 2:49 pm

tooyoung wrote:Although a nice idea, Paleo diet has a lot of flaws. The idea behind Paleo is just general assumptions of "general knowledge" of what people thousands, millions, whatever years ago ate.

Although I generally agree with the foods you said to avoid and eat, Paleo is usually low carb, which creates a lot of problems in people, sure 6-12 months you'll feel great due to thyroid suppression I believe but low carb really is not healthy.

what do u think is good to eat tooyoung? what do you eat for carbs if low carb is not good? i agree, i feel like crap on low carb. i have tried doing rice for carbs because i can't eat things like potatoes because it causes bad side effects for me. i have heard fruit is not good to get a lot of carbs because of the sugar. i'm confused on what to eat for carbs.

right now, i eat lots of vegetables, meat, rice, and fruit for quick lunch sometimes, but heard too much fructose is bad.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 am

sanderson wrote:
tooyoung wrote:Although a nice idea, Paleo diet has a lot of flaws. The idea behind Paleo is just general assumptions of "general knowledge" of what people thousands, millions, whatever years ago ate.

what do u think is good to eat tooyoung? what do you eat for carbs if low carb is not good? i agree, i feel like crap on low carb. i have tried doing rice for carbs because i can't eat things like potatoes because it causes bad side effects for me. i have heard fruit is not good to get a lot of carbs because of the sugar. i'm confused on what to eat for carbs.

right now, i eat lots of vegetables, meat, rice, and fruit for quick lunch sometimes, but heard too much fructose is bad.

From people I've spoke to and things I've read, sugar for carbs. The bad side effects from your potatoes may be from the starch, try eating 0 starch and all carbs from sugars and see if you improve. I'm guessing you've heard fructose is bad from Lustig, have a read of this.

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

Would suggest orange juice, oranges, plums, prunes, grapes.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 am

tooyoung wrote:
sanderson wrote:

From people I've spoke to and things I've read, sugar for carbs. The bad side effects from your potatoes may be from the starch, try eating 0 starch and all carbs from sugars and see if you improve. I'm guessing you've heard fructose is bad from Lustig, have a read of this.

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

Would suggest orange juice, oranges, plums, prunes, grapes.

Not sure what the deal is with potatoes. My hand blows up when I take it. Like it literally gets swollen as if I have arthritis or something. I have only assumed that it is because a night shade vegetable and I understand the dangers of it with some people. Not sure what the deal is. Wihle I had it at one point, I went and got blood tests and it wasn't uric acid and it wasn't arthritis. But of course.. I went to a normal doctor because I'm not really interested in spending so much money to see many doctors for it.

And thanks for that information on fructose. I actually heard about the "dangers" of fructose from mercola. Here's an article I found where he touches on it:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/03/13/richard-johnson-interview.aspx

As a standard recommendation, I strongly advise keeping your TOTAL fructose consumption below 25 grams per day.

However, for most people it would actually be wise to limit your fruit fructose to 15 grams or less, as it is virtually guaranteed that you will consume “hidden” sources of fructose from most beverages and just about any processed food you might eat.

It is important to remember that fructose alone isn’t evil as fruits are certainly beneficial. But when you consume high levels of fructose it will absolutely devastate your biochemistry and physiology. Remember the AVERAGE fructose dose is 70 grams per day which exceeds the recommend limit by 300 percent.

So please BE CAREFUL with your fruit consumption. You simply MUST understand that because HFCS is so darn cheap, it is added to virtually every processed food. Even if you consumed no soda or fruit, it is very easy to exceed 25 grams of hidden fructose in your diet.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 pm

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=19

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun May 13, 2012 12:43 pm

tooyoung wrote:http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=19

So the article isn't talk about fructose, instead comparison of sucrose vs high fructose corn syrup and says they are basically the same and to keep sugar intake down completely. So is eating lots of fructose bad now? Sorry, I may be missing something here.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

You posted the mercola article, which I havent read but the quote suggests it was talking solely about HFCS rather than fructose found in fruits, "You simply MUST understand that because HFCS is so darn cheap, it is added to virtually every processed food. "

I then posted a link to an article talking about HFCS. "Don’t let the fructose fear-mongerers fool you."

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down