Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?..

+4
ViolatedBird
LittleFighter
pancacke
ailin
8 posters

Go down

Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. Empty Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?..

Post  ailin Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

On the womens forum there are a lot of people who say that their shed worsened after switching to a healthy paleo diet or that the paleo diet caused their shed?..and that the shed improves after they add back pasteurized milk products and grains?....how does this happen?..
ailin
ailin

Back to top Go down

Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. Empty Re: Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?..

Post  pancacke Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Shedding isn't bad all the time......better nutrition means faster hair growth and more shedding......

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. Empty Re: Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?..

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 am

Explains a lot for me, hairs that grow back are definitely thicker Surprised

Very encouraging post, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 am

Because they need more energy, more glucose, coming from carb's; some people will have raised levels of Cortisol and start wasting away slowly.

Solution: eat fruit and some safe starches.

Wheat, grains... out of question.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 am

What starches would you consider to be safe?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:03 am

ViolatedBird wrote:

What starches would you consider to be safe?

White rice, sweet potatoes, taro, tapioca, poi, yucca...

Also, very low carb and even low carb may promote hypothyroidism.

I can provide evidence for this.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Why do some people say they shed a lot more while on a paleo diet?.. Empty best topic

Post  lingshuxiao Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 pm

I am happy to find so many useful information here in the topic, thanks for sharing it here. I hope you will adding more...THANK YOU!

lingshuxiao

http://www.pandoraagent.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 am

lingshuxiao wrote:I am happy to find so many useful information here in the topic, thanks for sharing it here. I hope you will adding more...THANK YOU!

OK, now I'm waiting for the SPAM to come...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 am

If one has a chronic infection, starches can be problematic. The longer digestion time can increase endotoxin in the gut. Very ripe fruits and juices may be preferable.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:30 am

AFAIK it's telogen effluvium brought on by cutting down your carbohydrates.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chicflic Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:30 am

ailin wrote:On the womens forum there are a lot of people who say that their shed worsened after switching to a healthy paleo diet or that the paleo diet caused their shed?..and that the shed improves after they add back pasteurized milk products and grains?....how does this happen?..

I believe one reason why is the same reason people lost a lot of hair on the Atkins diet- it takes a lot of biochemicals and nutrients to break down proteins into energy. This can cause multiple deficiencies. Also, these people might not understand how to use slow-carbs believing instead they need to cut all carbs out. Plus, I think if people go from running their bodies on sugars, switching over to a Paleo eating plan can be a systemic shock. If you try to do this with deficiencies already in place you can imagine things would only get worse. Not to mention, all that biochemical change can impact hormones.

AG
chicflic
chicflic

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 am

droddy wrote:If one has a chronic infection, starches can be problematic. The longer digestion time can increase endotoxin in the gut. Very ripe fruits and juices may be preferable.

I second this.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down