Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle

+9
scottyc33
ferox
whodathunkit
a
CF
AS54
Hoppipolla
niff1250
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle Empty Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle

Post  niff1250 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently almost 28 and noticed hairloss (thinning crown/vertex) 2 years ago. When I first saw it, I was shocked. I didn't understand why me. There's no history of balding in my family for the last 3 generations. Why premature balding ? It can't be only genetics, it doesn't make sense to me. Especially my hygiene has been really really bad for the last 5 years :
no exercise
smoking pot everyday and 20cigs/day
eating almost only pizzas, sodas etc

So it was natural for me to try the natural approach. My way of thinking was : this hairloss is the signal something is wrong in my body. Last september 2011, I finally decided to to change this lifestyle. I saw a study saying vertex balding is associated with cardio vascular diseases or something.

First I 've started to do some outdoor running, x3/week for 1/2 hour since last september. I changed my food habit too : more vegs and fruits, less refined food. Sometimes I still ead bad but most of the time, I'm eating organic food. I also decided to give up completly marijuana last november (5 months now) and also gave up cigarettes 2 months ago.
I have been taking biotin and vitamin B50 complex for the last 6 months and added the top6 2 months ago. I'm also using topicals : crinagen and rejuveplex.

this hair loss has been the opportunity to change my lifetstyle : giving up smoking etc. And obviously at the beginning I was almost sure this new regime would stop my hair loss but unfortunately it hasn't. My vertex is becomming more and more visible :
https://imgur.com/CQpdl
https://imgur.com/GM3TF

I was very optimistic when I started this regimen...but now I'm feeling bad, really depressed Crying or Very sad no more motivated. So much efforts...and no results. I know people don't want to hear this but it looks like the natural approach isn't that effective. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying propecia is the way to go but at least it gives cosmetical results judging by the thousands of success stories. I really don't know what to do now. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.
Do you think I could grow back this vertex naturally ? What should I do/add ?

Thanks

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle Empty Re: Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am

Try boar bristle brushing and massages? I believe they're giving me little baby hairs after just a few weeks. I think this is what people call "frontal regrowth" hehe ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle Empty Re: Feeling really bad...it looks like I'm losing the battle

Post  niff1250 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am

hoppipolla wrote:Try boar bristle brushing and massages? I believe they're giving me little baby hairs after just a few weeks. I think this is what people call "frontal regrowth" hehe ^^

Thanks for your answer
Maybe I should give it a try...But honestly how many people have stopped hairloss/regrew hair with massage or brushing ?...Each time a new treatment is available, some people notice baby hair sprounting, scalp is feeling better etc. but at the end, cosmetically speaking, it doesn't change that much.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 am

niff1250 wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:Try boar bristle brushing and massages? I believe they're giving me little baby hairs after just a few weeks. I think this is what people call "frontal regrowth" hehe ^^

Thanks for your answer
Maybe I should give it a try...But honestly how many people have stopped hairloss/regrew hair with massage or brushing ?...Each time a new treatment is available, some people notice baby hair sprounting, scalp is feeling better etc. but at the end, cosmetically speaking, it doesn't change that much.

well erm, I've never had success with anything before lol - this is a first for me in 2 and a half years! I've never seen baby hairs sprouting like this (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure and I've never seen this before).

Other than that erm, antifungals seem to work for some people here like coconut oil and ACV, and many people claim they have fixed their hair loss internally as well with things like a Ray Peat -based approach and digestive healing.

The new study and threads about fat cells in the scalp are very interesting too Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am

Hey Niff,

While you have taken some great steps to lower your toxin load and the sum total of your oxidative stress (and I'm by no means being offensive), you will likely have to dive a lot deeper than eliminating some bad foods and running. If you scour threads by some posters (CS, Rdkml, Littleifighter, etc.) you'll find that the pathogenesis is deep and complex. Have you reviewed on the info on immortalhair.org? I'd start there. But you are inevitably going to have to look into thyroid problems, immune imbalance and hormonal imbalance, mold issues, other infections, etc. The result being hairloss for many men tends to obscure the fact that it is highly individualized in terms of person-to-person physiology and what leads to the inflammation that causes hairloss. You'll have to do a lot of experimentation. Are you on Top 6? They're you're foundation to build on with what you need personally.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey Niff,

While you have taken some great steps to lower your toxin load and the sum total of your oxidative stress (and I'm by no means being offensive), you will likely have to dive a lot deeper than eliminating some bad foods and running. If you scour threads by some posters (CS, Rdkml, Littleifighter, etc.) you'll find that the pathogenesis is deep and complex. Have you reviewed on the info on immortalhair.org? I'd start there. But you are inevitably going to have to look into thyroid problems, immune imbalance and hormonal imbalance, mold issues, other infections, etc. The result being hairloss for many men tends to obscure the fact that it is highly individualized in terms of person-to-person physiology and what leads to the inflammation that causes hairloss. You'll have to do a lot of experimentation. Are you on Top 6? They're you're foundation to build on with what you need personally.

Thanks for your reply. I do think I've made a lot of efforts but maybe that's not enough ?
Yes I'm on the top 6. I also use iodine (4drops/day), Resveratrol, biotin and vit B50.
What else should I do, try ?

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

niff1250 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I do think I've made a lot of efforts but maybe that's not enough ?
Yes I'm on the top 6. I also use iodine (4drops/day), Resveratrol, biotin and vit B50.

If you are using Iosol (not sure if you are using that) then 4 drops wouldn't be 12.5 mg a day, and CS recommends taking 12.5 to 14 mg at http://www.immortalhair.org/theoryinpractice.htm

A lot of places, including this board, I've seen posted that people build up to taking 50 mg for a few months so that the body becomes saturated and then drop it down to 12.5 mg after that. That I something I am in the process of doing. (Have been taking approximately 50 mg for a couple months now.)

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 am

- Work your way up to iodine at about 12-13 mg daily, with cofactors: selenium, zinc (30mg daily), magnesium (400 mg daily)

- As far as diet, if you are having an immune reaction (can be asymptomatic sometimes), I would try an elimination diet. Rdkml has pointed out that if you are sensitive to something like wheat, dairy, or eggs, just eliminating them 95% won't help. You have to go the whole way, see if you improve, and build off from there.

- Workouts...I'd start to include more short, intense bouts of heavy training, i.e. 30 minute resistance workouts that include squats, bench press, deadlifts, power cleans. Obviously not all in the same session. But you want to stress the intensity, 4-8 rep range with heavy weights. Give yourself a week to recover before you bomb the same muscle group again. Get plenty of good, clean protein...ala undenatured whey and gelatin.

- Get 20 minutes of sunlight a day, try to shoot for 8 hrs. of quality sleep, and get clean, filtered water.

- Continue with top 6.

- Avoid all cooked vegetable oils (if using olive oil, try to keep temperature minimal, use macadamia, coconut, or butter for cooking).

- Try to avoid all processed foods to the best extent you can. Do you best to get your animal products from grass-fed, free range sources. Many supermarket meats are products of grain fed (mold) animals administered with hormones and antibiotics.

- Mitigate stress as best you can (diet and exercise are important), but I use phosphatidyl serine and ashwagadha with good results.

- Many issues start in the gut...pour over this site through posts by CS, Littlefighter, Rdkml to learn about problems with dysbiosis....correcting it is key and many things can effect it. A variety of probiotics with different strains will be needed. I also use S Boulardi in addition to Dr. Ohiras probiotics.

- Latent, subclinical infections are a big topic on this site...again Rdkml opened my eyes to these issues...pour over the site and read all that you can on molds, fungus, bacteria components in MPB. There are countless strategies on dealing with them. Biofilm appears to play a huge role.

- Research heavy metal poisoning. Dr. Klinghardt was invaluable for me in this regard. Find a method for chelation that works for you. There are more aggressive ones, and more slow and steady methods, which I prefer.

- Fixing your detox pathways, especially the methylation pathway and the liver in general are also key. Natural B-vitamin complexes, methyl donors, bitter greens (dandelion), and bile sequestering fibers will help. Avoiding PUFA's and high refined carbohydrate, especially high fructose corn syrup are essential.

- Any metabolic defect or stress on the body will deplete you of minerals, make sure you are addressing this with diet. Most people are deficient in magnesium and zinc. Using sea salt and a solid multimineral will help.

- Avoid personal care products that are laden with petroleum derived and synthetic preservatives. Opt for natural choices. CS has recommended some good options. Check out healthyfixx.com for many topics.

Whew, I'm not sure if I was doing that to remind myself of what to do or not, because like most I'm not perfect about all of this. I find researching it is much easier than applying it with discipline. So don't take this as condescending "you ought to do this" talk. Hell, I'm still trying to get my lifestyle to match the above.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

As far as a regimen goes, you're still very much in the primary area of learning what to do. I'll post more if you need help due to limited time but here's my advice for now. Search this forum via google for details and discussions on all things mentioned, its a true goldmine, this is like a disorganized text book of all things health.

Get on Iodine (lugols is great), start chelation, ditch the running for weight training, get the right types of sugar (fruits for instance, not starches), find a good sea salt, get more fluids.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 pm

FWIW, I've been feeling a lot the same way lately.

Don't give in. You haven't been at it that long.

Take the advice you've been given in this thread. Do your homework. Try more stuff. Stay the course.

Get mad and resolve to kick the shit out of whatever is causing you to feel whiny and discouraged. Very Happy

Which, BTW, I think a lot of it is pathogens. The compulsion I get to give up the healthy lifestyle is so strong sometimes it doesn't seem like it's coming just from my psyche. It's creepy. It makes me angry. Why isn't it easier to be healthy???? Why do I have to lose my hair when so many people don't?? Why can't I be one of the lucky ones? Etc. Anger turned inward is depression. Anger turned outward is agression. But, constructively focused, aggression can be a good thing. Get aggressive against your bad lifestyle habits and whatever's compelling you to go back to them.

Also FWIW, I just talked myself into having a healthy breakfast instead of the bacon and [transfat-loaded] cheese grits so readily available at the cafe right around the corner from my office. I was pretty close to "giving in" until I wrote this. Smelling bacon all morning can be quite a resolve-buster for a food junkie, and I go through it every work day. Hope it helps you as well. Very Happy

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote: - Work your way up to iodine at about 12-13 mg daily, with cofactors: selenium, zinc (30mg daily), magnesium (400 mg daily)

- As far as diet, if you are having an immune reaction (can be asymptomatic sometimes), I would try an elimination diet. Rdkml has pointed out that if you are sensitive to something like wheat, dairy, or eggs, just eliminating them 95% won't help. You have to go the whole way, see if you improve, and build off from there.

- Workouts...I'd start to include more short, intense bouts of heavy training, i.e. 30 minute resistance workouts that include squats, bench press, deadlifts, power cleans. Obviously not all in the same session. But you want to stress the intensity, 4-8 rep range with heavy weights. Give yourself a week to recover before you bomb the same muscle group again. Get plenty of good, clean protein...ala undenatured whey and gelatin.

- Get 20 minutes of sunlight a day, try to shoot for 8 hrs. of quality sleep, and get clean, filtered water.

- Continue with top 6.

- Avoid all cooked vegetable oils (if using olive oil, try to keep temperature minimal, use macadamia, coconut, or butter for cooking).

- Try to avoid all processed foods to the best extent you can. Do you best to get your animal products from grass-fed, free range sources. Many supermarket meats are products of grain fed (mold) animals administered with hormones and antibiotics.

- Mitigate stress as best you can (diet and exercise are important), but I use phosphatidyl serine and ashwagadha with good results.

- Many issues start in the gut...pour over this site through posts by CS, Littlefighter, Rdkml to learn about problems with dysbiosis....correcting it is key and many things can effect it. A variety of probiotics with different strains will be needed. I also use S Boulardi in addition to Dr. Ohiras probiotics.

- Latent, subclinical infections are a big topic on this site...again Rdkml opened my eyes to these issues...pour over the site and read all that you can on molds, fungus, bacteria components in MPB. There are countless strategies on dealing with them. Biofilm appears to play a huge role.

- Research heavy metal poisoning. Dr. Klinghardt was invaluable for me in this regard. Find a method for chelation that works for you. There are more aggressive ones, and more slow and steady methods, which I prefer.

- Fixing your detox pathways, especially the methylation pathway and the liver in general are also key. Natural B-vitamin complexes, methyl donors, bitter greens (dandelion), and bile sequestering fibers will help. Avoiding PUFA's and high refined carbohydrate, especially high fructose corn syrup are essential.

- Any metabolic defect or stress on the body will deplete you of minerals, make sure you are addressing this with diet. Most people are deficient in magnesium and zinc. Using sea salt and a solid multimineral will help.

- Avoid personal care products that are laden with petroleum derived and synthetic preservatives. Opt for natural choices. CS has recommended some good options. Check out healthyfixx.com for many topics.

Whew, I'm not sure if I was doing that to remind myself of what to do or not, because like most I'm not perfect about all of this. I find researching it is much easier than applying it with discipline. So don't take this as condescending "you ought to do this" talk. Hell, I'm still trying to get my lifestyle to match the above.

Thanks for your post. I do appreciate your advice.

Tbh I feel like by eating more healthy, taking supplements, giving up both smoking pot and cigarettes, starting exercices, using natural topicals etc. I've done 90% of my homework. I've not done metal detox yet. Maybe I should try this and some other things too. Maybe 6 months isn't enough either to see real results. But that does't change the fact that it looks like reversing hairloss naturally is almost impossible.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue May 01, 2012 1:30 am

niff1250 wrote:

Thanks for your answer

I am using this method and I am regrowing only new terminal hair. So give it a try dude.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue May 01, 2012 1:35 am

Niff,

Don't give up man. Just stay consistent, and most importantly positive.
I think metals could be a huge problem, along with opportunistic pathogens that usually accompany them. Putting together a regimen for chelation and for dealing with biofilms should help immensely over the course of months.

Is it impossible, I don' think so. In any event, we are only talking about hair here. It isn't the end of the world, especiqlly if you have the other areas of your life in check. If nothing else, these strategies are going to give you the best all around health you can achieve, and if you're gonna lose your hair, you'd better damn well be healthy in other respects, I mean that's the difference between Jason Statham and Al Roker.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:
Don't give up man. Just stay consistent, and most importantly positive.
I think metals could be a huge problem, along with opportunistic pathogens that usually accompany them. Putting together a regimen for chelation and for dealing with biofilms should help immensely over the course of months.

Yes I'm considering seriously a regimen for chelation. Is using iodol and Morningstar Minerals (http://www.iherb.com/Morningstar-Minerals-Immune-Boost-77-Mineral-Supplement-120-Capsules/16754?at=hil335) the way to go ?
sbefar01 also accepted to ship me just natural men's dht treatment. Another promising thing for my regimen considering the succes he has.

anthonyspencer54 wrote:
Is it impossible, I don' think so. In any event, we are only talking about hair here. It isn't the end of the world, especiqlly if you have the other areas of your life in check. If nothing else, these strategies are going to give you the best all around health you can achieve, and if you're gonna lose your hair, you'd better damn well be healthy in other respects, I mean that's the difference between Jason Statham and Al Roker.

When it comes to health, this forum is obviously a goldmine. There's so much information that you don't know always where to start. But I must confess : the reason why I came here is because of my hairloss. Maybe it's time for me to admit that this regimen will not enable me to grow back my hair or even stop the loss. Maybe my hair looks better, less dandruff etc. but the loss hasn't stopped and looks like a one way street.

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 am

niff1250 wrote:

Heavy Metal Detox

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/5/heavy-metal-detox

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 am

Niff - try to stay positive.

Stress is a big part of why people don't get results.

Try to keep things in perspective - at the VERY WORST you stand to improve your health immensely.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 am

One thing to put in perspective, anytime we feel a little discouraged we all should consider that we are in the best time in human history thus far to be dealing with hair loss. The fact that none of us have ever met each other, and live possibly thousands of miles away with completely different lives and histories, but we can all come together like a committee meeting through cyber space and go over all this information with each other and share our experiences and knowledge... The fact that we can get all these products and supplements at the click of a mouse sent to our door step and we don't have to get on a ship and sail across an ocean to get it...That's pretty big lol

Just do your best and don't worry about the rest, there will be days things look down and days things may look up, but keep realistic expectations, like for me im 25 ill be happy if I can keep what I have now till 30, and then re-access my situation from there at that time. Also with how many countless man hours are being aggressively dumped into solving mpb from all over the world, conventional and holistic, I really am confident that we may see a more promising cure that will work for almost everyone in the next 5 years, even if the big pharmaceutical establishments or big business/government want to suppress it, as long as we have the net they cant stop us...
Worse case scenario I figure we should all have a plan B in case we cant stop our hair from falling ( i.e. transplants) or over compensate in other areas in appearance to make the bald look not a problem, and ultimately finding inner peace. I can imagine many guys are absolutely consumed and devastated with hair loss especially the younger the worse and it sucks. One reason I have not gotten annoyed by the amount of effort I've had to put in so far is because I haven't forgotten how much detrimental effort it took to get me to this point as well, and considering what we know now, most of us probably lived the majority of our lives pretty poisoned and deficient, so its no wonder mpb has been triggered early for many of us, and maybe even a large percentage of us who wouldn't have even been that susceptible in proper conditions ( like many of the American Japanese who are balding young with no family history of it) Just something i thought Id add to this...

Last edited by J987 on Tue May 01, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue May 01, 2012 11:23 am

Positive thoughts! Ohhh YEAH! Honestly that's really the first step.

Get up, and jump around like a crazy man, seriously. That's what I always tell people who want to tackle something massive, which for some people this task might me. I tell them to put on some music, whether you listen to rap, pop, jazz, reggea, metal, what it ever may be, and just jump around, get the blood flowing. Usually I'm very science oriented, and post as such, but for new users you need to know that energy is contageous, and its exponential, especially good thoughts. Use this to your advantage.

Lastly I'll leave two things to think about.

CausticSymmetry has been quoted as saying that "hairloss has been beat", every factor has at least been identified that is involved in this problem.

The next natural thing to think about is rdkml's assertion that all the users who he's seen who've had success have been the ones who took their time to learn what, in the wide spectrum of things that can cause hair loss, their symptoms fell into, that of course, is the only way to really know how to treat an individual case.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Another thing I've noticed from an addict's point of view (I am one, been addicted to everything from dope to cigs to drink to food over the course of my life) is that the "recidivistic" pull of the addiction typically is really bad from around months 2 - 8 after quitting. Depends on the person, but it usually gets better after that. Point being, your body and mind will do lots of things to get you to go back to feeding it the crap it's used to. The "fuck it, things will never change no matter how hard I try" is the deadliest psychological landmine when you're trying to positively and permanently change your lifestyle.

That's the main reason I said I think a lot of the pull to give up good clean livin' could be due to parasites. It's known that they can influence their host's behavior via cravings, or even compulsion to commit certain actions. If parasites thrive in an internal environment created by soda, pizza, and dope, and then are deprived of it, they'll try to push you back to that, for sure. Not saying that's exactly what's wrong with you, but it could be a part. I'm convinced it is for me, and we sound somewhat similar in our "lifestyle preferences". Very Happy

The experts on the board say chelation should help some with that. It did for me, although I'm still battling. It's a hell of a lot easier than it was, though. So try to hang in.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 am

just my 2 cents...

I agree with your observation that every time a new treatment method is introduced there are people claiming vellus or terminal regrowth right away and then they kind of drop off the radar. The topical enzymes is one example of that.

Keep in mind that just because the natural approach isn't working 100% for you, that doesn't mean you need to go back on finasteride at a full dose. Try taking it sparingly and see how little you can get by with taking along with the natural approach.

It becomes difficult to really assess what is working for people on forums (especially this one) because people's expectations or standards are different with their hair. You could have a completely bald guy who sprouts up some new hairs who is ecstatic, or you can have someone like me who only has miniaturization and some temple recession who isn't satisfied. My point is what we each consider cosmetically acceptable varies. I personally don't want any sign of balding whereas someone else might just want to get from a NW 3 to a 2 for instance.

Also we have some individuals who were extremely ill (A>R comes to mind, or JDP). Whether or not they have/had MPB I don't know, but when someone is really ill they can have hair loss that is not genetically caused. When I tend to see people with thicker heads of hair who start thinning on top, and have a definite illness... I really don't classify that the same way as someone who is "relatively" more healthy and has the typical temple pattern recession.

I use whatever tools I have (natural and otherwise) to get the results I can personally live with. In the future I hope I won't need any drugs at all, and nobody obviously likes taking them. The reality though is that for you and I (and others) they are needed at the current time for whatever reason. If you accept that and continue to work on your health and detoxify metals, etc... It is a lot more encouraging than to feel you are a permanent slave to finasteride. I have to take psychotropic drugs and I hate that fact, but I have to remember that doesn't mean I will always need them.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Wed May 02, 2012 5:17 am

Paradox wrote:

Also we have some individuals who were extremely ill (A>R comes to mind, or JDP). Whether or not they have/had MPB I don't know, but when someone is really ill they can have hair loss that is not genetically caused. When I tend to see people with thicker heads of hair who start thinning on top, and have a definite illness... I really don't classify that the same way as someone who is "relatively" more healthy and has the typical temple pattern recession.

This is something I've never really understood. What is hairloss that is not genetically caused ? What does it look like ?
Also I thought that thinning on top and temple recession are both different forms of MPB.

I remember CS saying temple recession = stress and vertex balding = cardio vascular or something along those lines

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 am

niff1250 wrote:
Paradox wrote:

This is something I've never really understood. What is hairloss that is not genetically caused ? What does it look like ?
Also I thought that thinning on top and temple recession are both different forms of MPB.

I remember CS saying temple recession = stress and vertex balding = cardio vascular or something along those lines

An example of hairloss that is not genetically caused would be hormonal fluctuations as in when women lose hair after giving birth. My cousin lost almost all of her hair. That is one example. As in this example, there is an extreme circumstance. I've been under extreme stress where my hair shed all over the place.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 am

[

Heavy Metal Detox

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/5/heavy-metal-detox

[/quote]

thanks for the link, going to give this a try also Smile
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks everyone for the different comments.

I made some research recently and it looks like my premature vertex baldness could come from insulin resistance.
Can skinny people like me have insulin resistance ? I always thought insulin resistance = diabete = obesity

Is it possible to reverse insulin resistance ? Right now I'm considering removing reffined sugar (sodas, cookies etc), exercising and RLA.

Any opinion ?

thxs

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 am

You don't have to be obese to have insulin resistance, although it is likely to be overweight, considering your body is not only overproducing insulin, but you are also not effective at using your sugar. Despite the fact insulin has a reverse relationsihp with cortisol, chronic high blood sugar keeps cortisol pumping.

Pathogens and heavy metals can all damage insulin receptors. Anything that causes chronic ifnlammation can damage them as well. Its really a cyclical thing, a chicken and the egg situation if you will. Does inflammation result in insulin resistance or insulin resistance cause inflammation? I think it is a little of both.

Either way, if you suspect this. Cutting out refined sugar will be essential. The only time I beleive refined sugar is okay is after an intense bout of exercise that leaves you glycogen depleted. And aerobic work for 30 minutes won't do it. But after intense exercise, this is about the only time you really want to spike insulin, as you're looking for the anabolic muscle building effect. If the muscles don't need the energy, it will be deposited in fat.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next