Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New guy, losing the battle EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New guy, losing the battle EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
New guy, losing the battle EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New guy, losing the battle EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
New guy, losing the battle EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
New guy, losing the battle EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
New guy, losing the battle EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
New guy, losing the battle EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
New guy, losing the battle EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New guy, losing the battle

+2
Hoppipolla
BOSCO
6 posters

Go down

New guy, losing the battle Empty New guy, losing the battle

Post  BOSCO Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:45 am

Hi,
I’ve been following this site for about a year now trying to learn as much as I can about natural treatments for hair loss.  I’m 58 years old and first noticed the beginnings of hair loss in my early 40’s.  My hair loss has been gradual, beginning at the crown and slowly making its way forward.  Only in the last 6 months did the front of my hair begin to thin along with creeping loss in the temple area.  I began trying Ferox boar bristle brushing about 4 months ago but recently put that on hold.  I just became too alarmed at the amount of hair I would find in the brush.  Initially I hoped it was just weak hair or a shed but I think it’s just getting to be too much.  I switched to a .5 mm dermaroller.  I’m hoping this achieves the same thing without all of the pulling of the hair.  My scalp gets red and tender from the dermarolling.  I’ve tried many supplements and topicals.  I’ve also tried scalp massage along with Maliniak massage.  I even ordered his violet ray device.  Because of high demand he said it would take at least 4 to 6 weeks to deliver and he was right.  It’s been 8 ½ weeks now and I’ve yet to receive the device.  I took before some pics of the top of my head with a relatives iphone back in April.  If I get any results from the violet ray I’ll try and post them.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

New guy, losing the battle Empty Re: New guy, losing the battle

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Sorry to be a broken record but.. what's your digestive health like? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Digestive health is not good.  I had a terminal ileum resection in 1963.  In other words I had the last 3 feet (about half) of my ileum removed.  The ileum is responsible for absorbing fats, fat soluble vitamins like E, K and A, B12 and minerals.  It also reabsorbs bile.  The inability to completely reabsorb bile causes severe diarrhea when the bile spills into the colon.  I take Questran, a cholesterol lowering medication to absorb the bile.  Reabsorbed bile is used by the liver to make cholesterol.  This is how I got started into heavy supplementation.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Do you suspect anything like Candida/dysbiosis?

IMO they're usually at the core of AGA.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't have any of the usual symptoms of Candida.  I feel good and healthy.  I'm active, running, cycling etc.  The only health symptoms other that the diarrhea issue is the hair loss and a recent worrisome decline is libido.  I don't know if it's age or something else but I've stopped taking saw palmetto via New Chapter Prostate 5LX.  I started taking it about 2 years ago when I thought I had some prostate issues.  Those issues went away but I continued when I found it recommended as a natural treatment for hair loss.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I really appreciate it.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 pm

BOSCO wrote:I don't have any of the usual symptoms of Candida.  I feel good and healthy.  I'm active, running, cycling etc.  The only health symptoms other that the diarrhea issue is the hair loss and a recent worrisome decline is libido.  I don't know if it's age or something else but I've stopped taking saw palmetto via New Chapter Prostate 5LX.  I started taking it about 2 years ago when I thought I had some prostate issues.  Those issues went away but I continued when I found it recommended as a natural treatment for hair loss.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I really appreciate it.

It's cool Smile

Do you get dandruff?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:17 am

No dandruff.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:15 am

BOSCO wrote:No dandruff.

Interesting. None at all?

I did suspect that in some it might be a bacterial infection, not fungal.

For example if as we age our progesterone goes down, this might mean higher follicular DHT and therefore more sebum, which then gets infected by bacteria and/or fungus. I mean, I would imagine that nearly everyone has at least slightly muddled microflora as we get older...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 am

BOSCO - I'll make this short, hair loss goes far beyond potential dysbiosis. I believe the core is closer to mitochondrial decay. I wrote this thread a few years ago which explains some of the basics behind it. 

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t1129-hypothesis-of-male-pattern-hair-loss

hoppipolla - Killing Candida indiscriminately can cause some problems....it over grows for a reason.
Heavy metals is one of the bigger ones.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:BOSCO - I'll make this short, hair loss goes far beyond potential dysbiosis. I believe the core is closer to mitochondrial decay. I wrote this thread a few years ago which explains some of the basics behind it. 

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t1129-hypothesis-of-male-pattern-hair-loss

hoppipolla - Killing Candida indiscriminately can cause some problems....it over grows for a reason.
Heavy metals is one of the bigger ones.

Thing is though, long term antibiotic use can also be a reason. The Candida will spread, lock itself into biofilms and then hang around for as long as it can (as I understand).

Stopping the antibiotics does not reverse the damage Sad

It can be heavy metals too, but that's not the only way to knock it out of balance.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Hoppi, stop giving blanket advice to the newbs when you can't even stop your own hair loss.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:Hoppi, stop giving blanket advice to the newbs when you can't even stop your own hair loss.

You're welcome to give advice too Wink
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm

- Day 65. 
It's been almost 9 1/2 weeks since I ordered my violet ray from Maliniak and I still haven't received it.

- Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!  I appreciate the info.

- I forgot to mention that I'm also using Ecklonia Cava and RejuvePlex that I purchased from this site.  Many months for the EC and only recently for the Rejuveplex.

- I've also been using bu gu zhi internally and topically as well as MSM internally and topically.  One nice effect of the bu gu zhi is that it lightens my slightly graying hair to a sandy brown.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:01 am

Maldigestion could be a factor. Do you take a multivitamin and any separate minerals?

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, I take a multivitamin and minerals.  I usually take New Chapter, Garden of Life or Life Extension vitamins.  I also take ConcenTrace multi-minerals.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 am

Okay. What about Omega-3 intake? Do you take probiotics? How are your skin and your fitness?

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:50 am

takingaction - I take Krill oil and Garden of Life probiotics.  I've never had any skin issues.  My fitness is OK.  I'd like to work out more with weights.  I ran the Peachtree Roadrace 10K today (largest 10K in the world BTW).

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:02 pm

BOSCO wrote:takingaction - I take Krill oil and Garden of Life probiotics.  I've never had any skin issues.  My fitness is OK.  I'd like to work out more with weights.  I ran the Peachtree Roadrace 10K today (largest 10K in the world BTW).

i read somewhere that exercising more than 90 minutes in a session can be more harmful because it products free radicals in your body peroxynitrite/superoxide. these have been said on this forum to be a big cause of the "itch"

outside of that.. make sure you chelate heavy metals out, detox body, and get your thyroid straight.. eating all organic, use http://caloriecount.about.com/ to make sure you are getting all daily essentials...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:15 am

Lengthy cardio outdoors can't be good for the hair. Scalp sun exposure (or sweating under a cap or something), breathing in dirty air, and sweating out nutrients. Besides that, are you sure your digestive system hasn't worsened? I don't know what the original problem was. Also, recent medication changes could have affected the hair.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:55 pm

I don't do lengthy cardio anymore.  I exercise more along the lines of Mercola's Peak 8 or HIIT (high intensity interval training).  I get a nice runners high from only 15 or 20 minutes of exercise.  We used to do workouts like this when I ran track 40 years ago.  We'd run 8 - 10 220's with a 220 jog between each.  It's hilly where I live so I push hard on the hills, whether I'm running or cycling.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down