Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Masturbation and Hair Loss?

+14
dreft
LawOfThelema
tooyoung
blueman99
Thin in FL
imprisoned-radical
niff1250
curt504
calvicie
Columbo
Zaphod
tudor
Hairbeback
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Masturbation and Hair Loss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Masturbation and Hair Loss?

Post  sc871 Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 pm

I am curious how does the Tao fit in to all of this?

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 23, 2012 3:30 pm

sc871 wrote:I am curious how does the Tao fit in to all of this?

In taoist esotericism or alchemy semen retention / not ejaculating is definitely a practice to follow. There was a legend of a taoist master who could please multiple women for hours on end because he practiced semen retention which allowed him to conserve his stamina. The relevent concept in chinese medicine is "jing" or male sexual energy, which they also relate to the kidneys (kidneys here involves multibody systems including the bones for instance, not just the organ we call kidneys). They definitely connect problems in male sexuality, and balding, not to mention other issues like fatigue, and back pain. And I think interestingly balding men have lower levels of free testosterone.

The youtube user SecretsOfLongevity has a video about semen retention and building the jing, as well as some videos on chinese herbs and hair.

^^^ its worth mentioning that some plant based phytoestrogens can actually inhibit aromatase

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Wed May 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Semen retention will not prevent baldness in those with the issue. Total sexual abstinence, on the other hand, may do do.
Abstinence would (somewhat) resemble non-physical castration. Now, castration is known to stop balding.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Doesn't really seem feasible for most, though. Let's face it part of the allure of hair is its deep sexual symbolism within our psyche.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

ppm wrote:Semen retention will not prevent baldness in those with the issue. Total sexual abstinence, on the other hand, may do do.
Abstinence would (somewhat) resemble non-physical castration. Now, castration is known to stop balding.

Where do you base this on? I do not follow what you are saying since the hormones start to flow and build when you are getting aroused inn most cases out of your control...

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I base my opinion on vast personal experience with the issue. I am combating mpb for >20 years now and I knew about the relation between mpb and sexual activity in my case almost from the beginning.
So, enough time to do extensive experimentations.
I agree that it is difficult to tame the sexual drive (or impossible forever). I found that the more I space it out the greater the benefit. Now, as with everything else, it's a matter of practise and dedication. If one decides that one has no choice then one has no choice.
There is numerous examples where people must not do some things, no matter how much they desire it. Because the consequences would not be bearable for them. Losing my hair is not an option to me; otoh, not having sex is rather an easy exercise. Our minds are programmable to some degree: sex is offered (to us by our brains) as a solution to combat stress; doing it will strengthen the neuronal path, demanding for more; not doing it will weaken the neuronal path, making it easier with time.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 pm

The effect from this is probably so small that if this had any affect on your hair then that hair was laughably going to fall anyways whether you abstained or not. No reason to let your hair kill your look and your sex life, literally... Though I'd agree to not consistently 'waste' yourself in masturbation, I think the only thing a person should take from this thread is to not get excessive with sex, and listen to your body to determine your recovery time.. Whatever minerals you feel you loose in ejaculations then eat more of in your diet, and strengthen other efforts elsewhere imo..

Back to top Go down

Post  Braxton43 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Masturbation by no means brings about hair loss! Hair loss is mainly hereditary! I have been masturbating since i have was 15, and today i'm 39. Still equivalent amount of hair! Don't be concerned, continue what your doing!

Braxton43

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2