Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Baking Soda EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Baking Soda EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Baking Soda EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Baking Soda EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Baking Soda EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Baking Soda EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Baking Soda EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Baking Soda EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Baking Soda EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Baking Soda

5 posters

Go down

Baking Soda Empty Baking Soda

Post  bh1546 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:55 pm

I have read that Baking Soda used topically can curb inflammation even better than ACV which I have used in the past and it helped. Therefore, I am experimenting with it and wanted to know if it is an antifunagal/bacterial. I used it once and I have "acne" sore spots similar to say GSE or Seabuckthorn oil. Also, would it be ok to add to an organical shampoo? Thanks for you input.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Baking Soda Empty Re: Baking Soda

Post  duel_black Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 am

I quit shampoo and have been using baking soda for three years.
Remember to buy "Aluminum Free" baking soda. In short, put a very tiny amount in a cup of warm water, and dump that mixture on your head in the shower twice per week.

Once you get used to shampooing without lather it rocks. I no longer use conditioner as a result.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 am

Duel, what is the general idea behind the papilla method?

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 am

Been using baking soda as a rinse for a few weeks now. It seems to be the best anti-itch product I've used thanks to it's anti-inflammatory and sebum dissolving properties. I actually never use shampoo any more.

Some of the downsides are that it can be very drying on the hair.
I've have lost a lot of hair in the last few weeks, though it has nothing to do with baking soda.
Inflammation seems to return after about 6 hours.
Attacks the inflammation but does noting else for hair loss.

I was wondering recently, since I can't find any baking soda/sodium bicarbonate that is "Aluminium Free" could I be potentially absorbing a lot of baking soda from using BS?.

I'm guessing Salt Water and Apple Cider Vinegar work in the same way. I'm thinking of using Baking Soda as a rinse the morning and ACV as a rinse at night to combat inflammation.

While this won't stop and might not even slow hair loss down, it cuts inflammation which can be very frustrating and increases my stress levels.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Decro, I have had inflammation issues for years with intense itching at times. I have used ACV in the past and it seemed to help with inflammation. I agree with BS and its drying affect. I just cant seem to get the right mixture. Either too dry or does nothing at all.
What seems to have really worked for me recently is a good multivitamin, vitamin d supp, and scalp massaging. I havent had inflammation throughout the day in 2 weeks now. Sometimes if my hair gets oily at night some will flare up but nothing like before. Hopefully it keeps up. I'm thinking of adding in a topical now.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 am

bh1546 wrote:Decro, I have had inflammation issues for years with intense itching at times. I have used ACV in the past and it seemed to help with inflammation. I agree with BS and its drying affect. I just cant seem to get the right mixture. Either too dry or does nothing at all.
What seems to have really worked for me recently is a good multivitamin, vitamin d supp, and scalp massaging. I havent had inflammation throughout the day in 2 weeks now. Sometimes if my hair gets oily at night some will flare up but nothing like before. Hopefully it keeps up. I'm thinking of adding in a topical now.

The ACV is a hassle, it stinks and the only time it's really able to be applied is during the shower, yet it stinks the shower room as well. I believe ACV's only properties are it's ability to dissolve sebum. Since there are other alternatives to this such as Baking Soda I refrained from using it. Baking Soda is really easy to apply, though as I said before it does tend to dry the hair out. ACV has a better cosmetic effect. I've taken a Multivitamin and Vitamin D for a long time. Yet it has no effect on my inflammation. My hair has to be washed everyday, which I have done for the last 5 years. This may have caused it to become even oilier as the scalp compensates.

In all fairness I think one of the best remedies to curb inflammation is the cut the hair short, unfortunately this exposes hair loss. I've noticed when my hair is short inflammation is much lower. This might be due to the fact that the scalp is cooler but I believe it's also because the hair is much easier to deal with. You know exactly what you hair looks like and what people see rather than having it all over the place..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:36 am

Have you tried scalp massages? My hair is the longest its ever been right now.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:40 am

Maybe our scalp "sweats" more with longer hair.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am

bh1546 wrote:Have you tried scalp massages? My hair is the longest its ever been right now.

No I haven't ever, I might try them but I want to look for a stronger approach.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 am

Decro435 wrote:Been using baking soda as a rinse for a few weeks now. It seems to be the best anti-itch product I've used thanks to it's anti-inflammatory and sebum dissolving properties. I actually never use shampoo any more.

Some of the downsides are that it can be very drying on the hair.
I've have lost a lot of hair in the last few weeks, though it has nothing to do with baking soda.
Inflammation seems to return after about 6 hours.
Attacks the inflammation but does noting else for hair loss.

I was wondering recently, since I can't find any baking soda/sodium bicarbonate that is "Aluminium Free" could I be potentially absorbing a lot of baking soda from using BS?.

I'm guessing Salt Water and Apple Cider Vinegar work in the same way. I'm thinking of using Baking Soda as a rinse the morning and ACV as a rinse at night to combat inflammation.

While this won't stop and might not even slow hair loss down, it cuts inflammation which can be very frustrating and increases my stress levels.
Hi Decro435, so what you think is the reason that you have a lot of hair on those weeks?
you still using baking soda as topical?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 am

I've been using it as a shampoo for nearly the past year. I use about a teaspoon worth in a 20 oz bottle of water. After I rinse that out I use organic acv as conditioner, about a teaspoon worth in a 20 oz bottle as well. I pour out enough so that my entire scalp is covered.

The baking soda can be drying but the acv helps soften the hair. When used together as shampoo and conditioner it is supposed to be ph balancing from what I have heard. I use heavily diluted mixes because I would imagine too much may cause damage. It's basically the same recipe seen online. I have not experienced any negative effects and it was about a month or so after using this that I first noticed a couple newer hairs slightly below my hairline that were not there before. Not sure that giving up shampoo is what caused it..but now that I think of it I can remember having scalp itching and irritation after applying many different shampoos over the years. I guess that it isn't anywhere near as much of an issue as it was.

I have been shedding quite a bit lately but from what I recall I usually do shed more this time of year. It doesn't appear to be more than the normal person would shed anyways so I never worry about shedding it only looks like hair that was ready to shed.

I used to use this daily just like shampoo because I've always had problems with greasy hair. Many times, within a day or so I'd be so greasy it looked like hair gel. I can't remember having that bad of a problem with it since stopping shampoo. I now wash my hair with this mix 2-4 times a week and the other days I just use plain water to wash my hair. I also brush a lot and that seems to keep it cleaner longer. Sometimes I go weeks without washing.

On top, and on the corners of my hairline is where my areas of concern are. These areas also longer to dry after being wet, gets greasier than the back and sides, where my hair is ridiculously thick and where I shed less (I think, sometimes I do shed a good amount on the sides and back). also seems there are more flakes in the thinner areas as well.

If I could just find out the root cause of this and deal with it. My scalp does also feel tighter, less elastic than the sides and back. I think then I could get some noteworthy results. I think if I could loosen the scalp, deal with the flakes, keep the grease in check, and find out the root causes of these issues I think I could finally manage this issue because for me my thinning has been very gradual and over a very long time. I don't know if it's dietary, exposure to toxins, stress (always very stressed and tense, anxious as well), fungus, or what have you I just wish I could get down to the very bottom of it all and find the root cause of the symptoms, deal with it directly.

I know my stress doesn't help, and I'm always tense. Could be the cause of my scalp tightness, I need to work on that issue. I'm working on dealing with stress but with the sad state of affairs this world has become its not so easy.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down