Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer?

+3
Odysseus
thissucks
7 posters

Go down

Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? Empty Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer?

Post  thissucks Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 am

Any truth to this article?

http://www.trueactivist.com/lemon-baking-soda-this-combination-saves-lives/

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? Empty Re: Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer?

Post  102 Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 am

I won't say that either of these things are bad for you. They could have benefits. Certainly nobody is arguing about some of the health-promoting properties of lemons.

Cumulatively, these things as part of an entire lifestyle geared at avoiding and marginalizing some of the carcinogenic agents we are exposed to, would probably help protect against cancer. But that's cumulative.

These things in isolation, i.e. drinking lemon water and 1/2 tsp of baking soda mixed in water, are not by themselves preventing - and are far from treating - cancer.

But then its hard to prove it either way, right? If someone drinks that concoction every day and never gets cancer, well they'll attribute it to the drink. If someone drinks it everyday and gets cancer, there'll be another cause to blame. Its about the ability to control for effects, and with these types of things and other anecdotal remedies, you'll never get the confirmation you're after. If you think there is promise to it - and there aren't obvious negative health concerns - go ahead and do it. But would I bet on these things being a cancer miracle? Absolutely not. I think that requires a misunderstanding of cancer to make that claim.

Its a knock to the article's claims that the site overall is filled with a lot of uncited claims.

Cancer is nature's filter for damaged genetics.

The number one way to prevent cancer is and always will be avoidance of agents that cause it, NOT in taking a remedy against it.

Back to top Go down

Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer? Empty Re: Lemon and Baking Soda to fight cancer?

Post  Odysseus Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:25 am

102 is too generous. No, lemon and soda will not cure cancer(s). It's woo of the highest degree. To even let people THINK that a whacko idea like this is a remedy for any form of cancer is misleading, pure fantasy, and dangerous.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 am

baking soda

and vinegar

just don't drink them at the same time.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:11 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:baking soda

and vinegar

just don't drink them at the same time.

...and we have lift off !

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 pm

ubraj wrote:
thissucks wrote:Any truth to this article?

http://www.trueactivist.com/lemon-baking-soda-this-combination-saves-lives/

It appears to be true.  

In my experience, organic lemon peel is much much better regarding symptom relief.  http://electromedicine.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/supplements-for-autoimmune-conditions/

Very high dose modified citrus pectin being even better.  

But note there are many methods that are useful in eradicating a cancer tumor.  Need a much larger protocol to treat and prevent and this is the one I recommend.  A good summary =  http://www.royalrife.com/cancer.html  

I'm currently using Neutral Absorption Method and looks interesting.  http://www.cancerselfcure.com/

Sources, citations, studies please. Lemons, repeat LEMONS do not heal cancer(s). The article the OP posted had no citations whatsoever. Woo.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I don't have time right now, but I hope that we can get past the notion that throwing up one study showing anti cancer properties of an isolated compound from a plant tissue justifies eating loads of that plant to have the same effect.

Lord, if you made Mediterranean lemonade (with rind included), you'd have to drink 12 twelve-oz glasses of it each day to get the same amount of limonene that those patients were.

Not only that but limonene has its anti-cancer properties because it is cytotoxic. Its a sensitizer and an irritant.

We can't keep trying to make the data support our conclusions, that's putting the cart before the horse.

Eating lemons and baking soda will not prevent nor cure cancer. Avoiding cancer promoting agents will do these things. Cumulative, a diet full of beneficial plant compounds can help, but not isolating one fruit like lemon and saying, "Its a miracle!".

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Adding weight to what ubraj is saying here, I want to point out that the best way to juice lemons is with the entire skin included.

I'd pick lemons as part of a treatment than chemo/rad any time.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:42 am

102 wrote:
Cancer is nature's filter for damaged genetics.

The number one way to prevent cancer is and always will be avoidance of agents that cause it, NOT in taking a remedy against it.

Avoidance of what ''cause'' it is practically admitting you can not prevent it in any way. Analyse your daily breath, water, foods and it's full of toxins that will not affect you pro health wise...

I dont believe this to be true, since genotoxicity and more widely cell toxicity has it's defense mechanisms that a) can be supported well via lifestyle or b) not. a) also includes that lemon juice and sodium bicarbonate from the dietary and chemical point of view.

After trying everything for my thrush, bicarbonate mouth rinses were a real deal, N=1. I haven't proven anything with this statement, but there are studies being done for similar purpose for potential use of sodium bicarbonate for clearing some fungal issues and improving dental infection issues. Now to be supportive on your statement, you have to also say that fungal infections have no role in cancer, diabetes, wound healing, whole array of nutrient depletion and else what is pro inflammatory. Can you? Prove me wrong and i will dig to show you all the studies.

Not saying those substances are absolute cure for *every* possible cancer, but an option among array of other options that are supportive to a).

From the opposite angle, there is no single cause of cancer, and looking in the chemicals - carcinogenic effects are hard to ignore from the data. As there is rarely free meal on the table now days, no toxin get a free pass through you also. Problem here being, each individual has his own definition of what toxin is. Biological definition, that deals with his unique signature of how his metabolism works and how he's dealing with whole spectrum of substances. I can smell my toxins as more agresive than some others that probably deal with it better.

Being taxed on a daily basis, as with out supporting your wallet - not supporting nutrition that has role in dealing with toxins more effectively is i believe approach towards failure. I agree, once there is a cancer, many physiology is already screwed and a daily squeeze of lemon will unlikely reverse it, but it's pro stuff to do, try, evaluate and move on.

Knowing chemicals are not the only danger, i can not understand how can radiation with it's bond breaking properties therapy can be even an option for those who need mostly the opposite of it - protection of their genes, due genetic screw up that is the problem in the first place. Yet some improve with it, to help industry survive helping people with ''best methods'' available, money can buy. Hey doc, what's about nutrition, are we there yet?

CS, how do you deal with chemicals the citrus peels are being sprayed with. I use ACV and sodium bicarbonate. Is there a superior approachs, when organic is not an option?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:45 am

All of these plant chemicals we're talking about, limonene included, are not preventing cancer. They are killing tumor cells that already exist by effecting apoptotic signals inside them. The cancer happens. When taking these things in a chemotherapeutic capacity you are fighting cancer which has already propagated.

Prevention is about avoiding those things which cause the aberration to begin with.

Antioxidants can lower the levels of radicals in the body which have the potential to cause harm which could - depending on the location of the damage - lead to cancer. So they can potentially be a preventative measure, certainly as it pertains to the natural radical generation by cellular metabolism. But by far, the best way to prevent cancer is to avoid sources of radiation and chemicals which overburden the cell's natural antioxidant systems.

I don't care how much limonene you take, so long as you are continually exposed to chemicals, heavy metals, radiation, etc., its missing the point. Free radicals are not the only agent that can harm DNA.

Think of it like this, its like using a super soaker to prevent someone from being lit on fire by a flamethrower.

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:32 am

102: It's my understanding that oxidation and free radicals have an important part to play in overall health. Anecdotally, I've read that "anti-oxidant" theory is going the way of the Dodo bird. Thoughts?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Ody,

Its going the way I thought it would when the craze was at its peak, and I'm sure you saw it coming as well. Mostly, its like a lot of other trends in health. It gets a pop-like hype and then gets tempered over time until it settles in the much more boring lot of reality. People love a sensationalized thing like anti-oxidant therapy and love the idea that something so simple could have such wide-reaching effects. Let marketers and commercial interests get a hold of it and it gets out of control.

The reality is, like you mentioned, that oxidants and radicals have very important roles in cell signalling, particularly in the immune response. The redox status of the cell is a complex and dynamic situation.

Probably the most important thing is that oxidants/radicals are actually necessary for the cell to regulate the overall redox status, i.e. the cell needs them as a signal to upregulate its own antioxidant enzyme production. Again, also for wound repair and for fighting infection.

Its just a good example where pop-science took something complex and tried to oversimplify things: OXIDANTS BAD! OUR PRODUCT GOOD!

http://physrev.physiology.org/content/82/1/47

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Thank you for the link, 102. Very informative.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:54 pm

No problem. A lot of info in there that goes beyond my knowledge, but if anything its a good bit of perspective. One thing I take away is that our mitochondrial DNA seems to be
most susceptible to radical damage over time, specifically from our own metabolic processes, and that part of the equation of aging may have a great deal to do with the senescence
of mitochondria. This is why I do believe antioxidant supplementation can be beneficial but I also see no reason why we need obscure plant compounds for that purpose. Dithiols like lipoic acid along with vitamins C and E, and providing the fundamental building blocks of glutathione are really all we need afaic. No need to continue searching for the latest and greatest amazonian herbal extract.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Some nice info here, tnx.

Speaking of redox signals, do anybody know if redox signaling products are of any deal? Never tried any.

This is my conclusion also, no need to spend many for the extracts, if the basics are not covered like at all. However food category is not where i will save my money on. And think we are talking about multi-roles from the same plant mostly when we are dealing with such substances - as lemon peel. I know it make me feel great, no research can take this away from me...

Speaking of glutathione, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHMmWmqEamw, it's very important substance for whole living- plants and animal kingdoms.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down