Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

+10
Yanks
hapyman
Gibson
Mastery
albe
ubraj
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
scottyc33
br2011
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta Empty Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

Post  br2011 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:55 pm

A little background first: I started losing my hair almost 14 years ago, however it was not until I moved from New York to the deep south (moldville) that things took a nose dive. Unbeknownst to me, the home I lived in for almost two years was contaminated with mold. The apartment I currently live has had four ceiling leaks in the five months I have lived here, so needless to say this place is contaminated as well. In the last two years my hair has gone to hell, and I have developed two other autoimmune conditions that are prompted by elevated TGF Beta levels. From what I have read, mold exposure raises TGF-Beta levels, among other things.

I just got a copy of my medical records that details a medical visit I had three months ago. My WBC levels were at a 4, which is the lowest number on the bottom threshold of “Normal”. Also, my BUN levels (Kidney function) were over the upper threshold level signaling an “acute finding”. I have started reading some of Dr. Shoemaker’s literature and what I have gathered so far is that WBC is lowered in the presence of the mold toxins (for the 24% of people who don’t produce the antigens). I imagine my Kidney function is impaired trying to get rid of the toxins in my body, but have not made a concrete connection.

CS and JDP (or anyone else with mold/autoimmune knowledge), does it sound like I am on the right track here putting these pieces together? I just had an “ah-ha” moment once I discovered the TGF-Beta connection. I know you guys have some experience with mold/lyme issues, I have tried so many things that have worked temporarily but in the end things just keep getting worse. I am ordering Cholestpure to get this garbage out of my system and thieves oil for my apartment. The latter is fairly expensive, so if you have any cheaper recommendations I am all ears. I am putting together the ionic footbath this weekend, hopefully the combination of these things can get me on track. If there are any other supplements I would love some suggestions, is a zapper redundant? Otherwise I feel good, am athletic, and my diet is dairy, legumes, and gluten free. Thanks for your help guys!

br2011

Back to top Go down

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta Empty Re: Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

Post  scottyc33 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I am assuming there is a reason you haven't moved out of the apt as that would be the obvious first step.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta Empty Re: Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

Post  br2011 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah, I signed a year-long lease and I am in school at the moment.

br2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm

may be futile, but you can spray the walls and everything with vinegar. I dunno about maybe filtering the air ducts somehow? Mold can't grow in bright light so maximize your lighting. I'm sure that some supplements can't hurt...maybe iodine? I think curcumin lowers tgf-b.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Yes, a VERY BIG, HUGE connection with hair loss as well as other ailments IMO Dr. Lloyd and Dr. Shoemaker are geniuses.

I have a lot of info in my posts the past few months regarding mold and mycotoxins. You can click on my name and then click "posts" and it will take you to my past posts.

One very easy way to know if you have a problem and how bad it is if you avoid your home for a couple days you should get better VERY rapidly. And when you return to your apartment you should get ill almost instantly.

Same thing with food. Food is a very big problem as well. Mycotoxins are in most food... including dairy.

I believe 80% of everyone on this forum has a problem here... but of course it would be to varying degrees.

Another way to tell if you have a problem is most who have a mold or lyme problem have problems with their weight. Most will either be overweight but some will be underweight. The body fat is especially much higher towards the stomach in under or overweight.

One interesting thing I learned which is also mentioned in my past posts is it was mentioned by someone on earthclinic.com that you can pour a 1/2 cup of clear ammonia and take a bath for 20 minutes as a rapid way to help detox the mold. I wouldn't do this much however but something worth trying to see if it helps. I personally would also wash recommend to wash clothes in clear ammonia as well to help detox the mold and mycotoxins. The mycotoxins will come out of the skin.

The thieves oil you may be able to get by without a diffuser by just diluting some in a little water and spray around the house. That's what I do and it lasts a long-time and really does prevent new mold growth. Young Living thieves oil really does work well to inhibit mold, IME.

I clean visible mold with MMS and that works very well. It was used in homes in New Orleans hurricane in the US and it works. It's toxic to breath though.

You'll also want to reduce EMF and eliminate WiFi. Dr. Klinghardt found mold grows much much faster and more potent toxins in response to EMF/WiFi.

A HEPA filter may be helpful but only after the above first. I own an Austin as well as IQ Air for many years and the IQ Air is many times better than a standard HEPA filter but for most is unaffordable.

I mentioned in one of my past posts but I use to take super high dose Saw Palmetto for about 8 - 12 years for hair loss many years ago back when there wasn't much info on stopping hair loss. It worked well but I had to take very high doses. I suspect that it worked so well as it may have been working like Cholestepure. Very high dose modified citrus pectin is also nice here as well and A>R mentioned that to me once.

For the ionic foot bath, I would use a 9 volt battery to save money. Spending more money to buy a zapper isn't needed. I originally used a zapper but now I prefer the 9 volt battery instead. Also, only use a pinch of salt. Too much salt isn't needed.

But yes, mold is very huge in hair loss IMO!

hope this helps.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:35 pm

rdkml wrote:
One interesting thing I learned which is also mentioned in my past posts is it was mentioned by someone on earthclinic.com that you can pour a 1/2 cup of clear ammonia and take a bath for 20 minutes as a rapid way to help detox the mold. I wouldn't do this much however but something worth trying to see if it helps. I personally would also wash recommend to wash clothes in clear ammonia as well to help detox the mold and mycotoxins. The mycotoxins will come out of the skin.

This sounds pretty dangerous to me.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:32 pm

FWIW, I'm very sensitive to ammonia and I didn't have a problem. Ammonia will cause brain fog and insomnia among others. I actually get a bigger dose of ammonia elsewhere. I think there are more dangerous ones in the water such as flouride and chlorine.

Here is a quote where I learned it from.

"I Finally began to look into some sort of cure. Prior to me meeting this amazing toxicologist, who is a leader in Mold sickness around the world, he was also the first to explain to me that the only way to kill mold and their toxins, is AMMONIA. (his info is on my site listed below) That's it. Ammonia kills the mycotoxins as well as the mold itself. TO MAKE THIS CLEAR - Bleach and peroxide cannot kill mold - they will just eat it as food. So He carefully instructed me to pour a 8 ounce cup of 3% clear ammonia into a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes. This saved my lungs which were coated in mold and mycotoxins, as well as killed some of the yeast in my skin and body from absorption and contact. I highly recommend that if you know you're sick from mold, and near death, honestly, this is the first step. Ammonia baths. It saved my life."

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/mold.html

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  br2011 Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:41 am

rdkml wrote:Yes, a VERY BIG, HUGE connection with hair loss as well as other ailments IMO Dr. Lloyd and Dr. Shoemaker are geniuses.

I have a lot of info in my posts the past few months regarding mold and mycotoxins. You can click on my name and then click "posts" and it will take you to my past posts.

One very easy way to know if you have a problem and how bad it is if you avoid your home for a couple days you should get better VERY rapidly. And when you return to your apartment you should get ill almost instantly.

Same thing with food. Food is a very big problem as well. Mycotoxins are in most food... including dairy.

I believe 80% of everyone on this forum has a problem here... but of course it would be to varying degrees.

Another way to tell if you have a problem is most who have a mold or lyme problem have problems with their weight. Most will either be overweight but some will be underweight. The body fat is especially much higher towards the stomach in under or overweight.

The thieves oil you may be able to get by without a diffuser by just diluting some in a little water and spray around the house. That's what I do and it lasts a long-time and really does prevent new mold growth. Young Living thieves oil really does work well to inhibit mold, IME.

I clean visible mold with MMS and that works very well. It was used in homes in New Orleans hurricane in the US and it works. It's toxic to breath though.

You'll also want to reduce EMF and eliminate WiFi. Dr. Klinghardt found mold grows much much faster and more potent toxins in response to EMF/WiFi.

A HEPA filter may be helpful but only after the above first. I own an Austin as well as IQ Air for many years and the IQ Air is many times better than a standard HEPA filter but for most is unaffordable.

I mentioned in one of my past posts but I use to take super high dose Saw Palmetto for about 8 - 12 years for hair loss many years ago back when there wasn't much info on stopping hair loss. It worked well but I had to take very high doses. I suspect that it worked so well as it may have been working like Cholestepure. Very high dose modified citrus pectin is also nice here as well and A>R mentioned that to me once.

For the ionic foot bath, I would use a 9 volt battery to save money. Spending more money to buy a zapper isn't needed. I originally used a zapper but now I prefer the 9 volt battery instead. Also, only use a pinch of salt. Too much salt isn't needed.

But yes, mold is very huge in hair loss IMO!

hope this helps.

Wow...thank you so much, this was INCREDIBLY helpful. I have been at my parent's house for winter break the last two days, and the difference in the way I feel is very noticeable. Specifically when I wake up in the morning. At my apartment, my head is like a grease ball from all the sebum and I always feel awful first thing in the morning. The last two days, my hair is almost normal when I wake up and I feel significantly better. I can keep my weight down due to strict diet(I blow up if I eat grains and dairy), however the one area I can never lose fat from is my stomach around the naval. It has always driven me crazy because I am pretty lean, guess I now know why.

I have some saw palmetto, but I am a bit nervous to take it due to certain "emasculating" effects. Am I blowing this out of proportion, or did you notice any effects? What would you consider a high dose?

I am going to try the ammonia bath some time over the next two weeks and I will report the results. I need to stop this cycle of inflammation and hair loss as quickly as possible, it's really getting out of control. Today I'm going to through your old posts as well, thanks again for your help!!!

br2011

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:47 am

Your welcome.

I wouldn't recommend Saw Palmetto and is actually obsolete with the newer information out there but the point was how it's possible Saw Palmetto, at least for me, was acting more like Cholestepure in detoxing mold, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for many others as well.

What's also very bad about mold/mycotoxins is that it also can cause leaky gut. Once you develop leaky gut then hair loss turns from a smoldering fire to an inferno, IMO/IME. Hair loss can become very rapid, IMO/IME with leaky gut.

By the way, years ago I remember reading some posts by Ted from Bangkok on earthclinic.com who is extremely knowledgeable and he use to talk about hair loss being caused by mold. Way back then I figured it was just another way that some people can develop hair loss. In time I realized a great many with hair loss and many other chronic ailments have this issue as well as the mycotoxins in food as well.

By the way, it's common for those with mold issues to also have sinus issues. If you have sinus issues as well you'll want to address that as well which will help bring your hormones back in line. I prefer salt, baking soda and xylitol in a netti pot or similar device while being careful not to do too much otherwise will dry out your nose. If you use a netti pot or similar device you'll want to boil the water or sterilize the water in another manner. You can also try colloidal silver instead as that's also gotten good reviews.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 am

br2011 wrote:Yeah, I signed a year-long lease and I am in school at the moment.

Is there ANY mold visible anywhere? If so, the landlord is required by law to remidiate it.

You have labs to prove your health is suffering - tell him you will sue if he does not rectify the problem immediately.

Also, a health hazard like that is grounds for breaking the lease. If he balks at fixing the problem, take pictures of any visible mold and tell him to go wipe his ass with the lease.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am

I agree with Scotty, move out. The law is on your side. A lease means nothing in the presence of hazardous health situation. You could even sue the landlrod, easily.

Temporary solution, buy an Austina Air Mate Air Flter or buy a 1986 - 1991 Mercedes S class long wheel base (chassis # W126). They are cheap but have no chemicals or mold in them, real leather seats that go back almost flat and you can sleep in it very, very comfortably. They look cool, drive great and you'll get laid a lot (so you will have other places to sleep) + no more mold, your hair will have a greater chance to grow back...

ENVIRONMENT IS EVERYTHING FOLKS - your body is not in it, it is made up of it...
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 am

As others have mentioned, you really need to move out. Continued exposure will only make things worse. I dealt with mold in an apartment I was renting, and I should have moved much sooner. As Scotty said, you are not bound by a lease if there is mold. Actually, you can stop paying rent now until he remediates. But I would just move

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 am

Mastery,

The Austin Air purifier isn't good enough for mold as it won't filter enough mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are much smaller than a standard HEPA filter can capture in enough quantities. I own one. I also own an IQ Air purifier that will capture the mycotoxins and the difference is night and day.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:27 am

FWIW, regarding mold, most people have mold in their homes as evidence by mold that grows in the shower which is coming from behind the walls, in the carpet, in the mattress, etc.. Not to mention all AC will have mold as well as cars, etc..

Even this low dose mold exposure is very bad for heart disease, cancer, neurological issues, etc. as well as the mycotoxins found in most foods. As one Dr. mentioned before the mold is the gun and the mycotoxins are the bullets. Throwing a gun at someone might hurt a bit but getting hit by the bullets will do one in.

80% of addicts at floridadetox.com are shown to have issues with mold causing one to be addicted. 80% of chronically ill people have mold issue as well.

"Brittany Murphy's mother claims toxic mold found in her daughter's Hollywood home is to blame for both Brittany and her son-in-law's Simon Monjack's deaths.

Brittany died of pneumonia in 2009 and just months later her husband suffered the same fate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/19/brittany-murphy-actress-killed-by-toxic-mold-says-mother_n_1157795.html?ref=celebrity&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D121323

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Excellent last two posts, truly first rate information. Terrific distinctions.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 am

What in an air purifier are we exactly looking for then?

I was thinking about getting one that is similar to what Mercola sells but is much cheaper. It includes:

PCO Cell (Photocatalytic)

Ionization - Negative Ions

Electrostatic Filter

and minute levels of Ozone.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:13 am

Mastery wrote:
Excellent last two posts, truly first rate information. Terrific distinctions.

M

I second that!

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 am

Yea I really need to get this mold situation figured out myself. I have it growing in the bathroom of my apartment which is in the bedroom so I know it's worse than it being a few doors down. I am planning on diffusing some theives oil in my bedroom, but will that kill it permanently or will I need to do this continuously as I live there?

Also, I feel it's next to impossible to not get mold in the bathroom. One can keep it under control, but that's about it. I don't think I've ever seen a place without it.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:31 am

Yanks wrote:Yea I really need to get this mold situation figured out myself. I have it growing in the bathroom of my apartment which is in the bedroom so I know it's worse than it being a few doors down. I am planning on diffusing some theives oil in my bedroom, but will that kill it permanently or will I need to do this continuously as I live there?

Also, I feel it's next to impossible to not get mold in the bathroom. One can keep it under control, but that's about it. I don't think I've ever seen a place without it.

Exactly: where there is water, mold is unavoidable. Also, you cannot win a case against a landlord based on shower/bathroom mold.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:39 am

hapyman wrote:What in an air purifier are we exactly looking for then?

I was thinking about getting one that is similar to what Mercola sells but is much cheaper. It includes:

PCO Cell (Photocatalytic)

Ionization - Negative Ions

Electrostatic Filter

and minute levels of Ozone.

The air purrifier should be ozone free. when I researched I was told that the ozone stays in your lungs and can lead to asthma. We should make a distinction because, having lived in an apartment with a serious mold problem--not visible--I can assure you that air purifiers cannot do the trick. And I went through two IQ air models, among others. After I moved, i got rid of most of my stuff, including the IQ airs, even though the company said they could be easily cleaned because I was spooked and somewhat traumatized by the mole. had to live in hotels for two weeks when i started getting very sick. I kept the 2 Air Free models I had, but I am not even sure how effective they are, although the studies seem very convincing.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks for the info Gibson.

I would also second Gibson that Air Purifiers that produce even trace amounts of ozone I wouldn't recommend. I use to own one that produced trace amounts of ozone a very long time ago and the ozone I wasn't crazy about and eventually got rid of it.

I would also second Gibson about Air Purifiers to combat mold. They should be the last line of defense IMO/IME. They are really good for helping to mop up the mycotoxins and I think the IQ Air is one of the only HEPA filters that can do that. Things like Thieves oil in the air and MMS to clean the mold is the first line of defense as well as EMF and WiFi reduction. You will have to use the Thieves oil every two weeks according to Dr. Lloyd. I personally use mine everyday in a lower dose diluted in a spray bottle and it does prevent new mold from growing in the shower. http://www.royalrife.com/mold_summary.pdf

But again, the mycotoxins found in most all food is also a huge problem.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks. I'm glad you are bringing this to light because I know how much it can impact a persons health and it's an odd thing because it is off so many people's radar. In NYC, there are a ton of "sick" buildings. Even new constructions when they are shoddy have major mold problems. In my new neighborhood, I am aware of two new constructions where tenants who bought condos got out of their contracts because the buildings had mold probs--and they were new buildings!

If you are allergic to mold, or concerned, one tip before you pick up a rental or check in a hotel room, instead of looking for mold, look for water damage--bubbling paint, etc. This is the tell tale sign because water and mold are synonymous.

Sometimes you cannot avoid it. My studio, for instance, is a mold fest, but it is in a warehouse and based on how I feel, i don't think i am dealing with Toxic mold--there are a lot of different strains.

The apartment I was in had the toxic stuff. It probably took years off my life. Bikram yoga really prob saved me because it is such a huge detox and I was able to clear my lungs, but in the end, even that wasn't cutting it. I had allergy shots and every supplement u could think of but it was a losing battle.

Ultimately, i was successful with litigation and walked away with some funds, but if I could go back, I would have walked away much sooner and taken what I saw as a loss at the time.

One other recommendation is Borax: you can clean your clothes with it. It is cheap and supposedly very effective against mold.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 am

How about UV light to kill mold?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 am

I've never used UV myself but it may work OK... although not sure if it will kill the mycotoxins or not.

The problem with UV is that the mold is growing under the carpet, behind the walls, in the mattress, etc. and UV will not get to those areas. Not to mention mold may not be visible even when you do pull back the carpet and the mold that's visible may not even be toxic.

There is always the Air-Free moldel that Gibson talked about in this thread as a sort of last line of defense against mold IMO but I don't own one so I don't know how it compares.

Diffusing thieves oil or similar would be a better option, IMO.

By the way, I've used borax in my clothes for many years and I recently switched over to using ammonia. I think I prefer using clear ammonia which is said to also kill the mycotoxins.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next