Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

+10
Yanks
hapyman
Gibson
Mastery
albe
ubraj
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
scottyc33
br2011
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 am

rdkml wrote:Thanks for the info Gibson.

I would also second Gibson that Air Purifiers that produce even trace amounts of ozone I wouldn't recommend. I use to own one that produced trace amounts of ozone a very long time ago and the ozone I wasn't crazy about and eventually got rid of it.

I would also second Gibson about Air Purifiers to combat mold. They should be the last line of defense IMO/IME. They are really good for helping to mop up the mycotoxins and I think the IQ Air is one of the only HEPA filters that can do that. Things like Thieves oil in the air and MMS to clean the mold is the first line of defense as well as EMF and WiFi reduction. You will have to use the Thieves oil every two weeks according to Dr. Lloyd. I personally use mine everyday in a lower dose diluted in a spray bottle and it does prevent new mold from growing in the shower. http://www.royalrife.com/mold_summary.pdf

But again, the mycotoxins found in most all food is also a huge problem.

What do you use to diffuse the thieves oil? Do you just walk around the house and spray?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbing Lab Results - Mold and TGF-Beta

Post  Yanks Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I just picked up some amonia. I'll dilute it 50/25/25 amonia/alcohol/water and spray around the bathroom/bedroom/kitchen etc... any downsides to this? Would borax be either safer or more effective? How would these compare to thieves through your spraying method or diffusing?

Also, what are the downsides to bleach when sprayed in a bathroom then left to air out for 12 or so hours?

Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:46 pm

scottyc33,

I personally dilute in a spray bottle for convenience. Also, I've been known to put a couple drops on a small piece of paper towel and placed arond the house as well. However, most use a diffuser such as this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Young-Living-Essential-Oil-Diffuser-GREEN-/260920387660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc011284c

Yanks,

Bleach doesn't work well and is not recommended. Also, it's mostly made up of water anyway and can make things worse because of the water content.

I'm not sure if putting ammonia and borax in the air does anything to reduce the mold. Thieves oil does as does MMS (although MMS is toxic to breath) but I'm not sure of any others that work well to combat mold.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:23 am

In a weird twist of fate...

Tuesday I was at work and one of the drain pipes for a sink sprung a leak. Figured I could fix this easily. Upon taking it apart it was to my surprise to find some of the most nefarious looking mold I have ever seen in the pipes. It was black and white about 1/2 inch thick and over 6 inches long. Well I continued to remove the pipes and replace them and went about my business. This took place at about 3pm. As the day wore on I felt worse and worse. I went home and fell asleep on the couch for about a half hour and thought I was having an asthma attack. My fiance was stopping at Giant Eagle and because of reading this thread I told her to pick up some ammonia. We had company over for dinner so I couldn't take an ammonia bath so I ate dinner had a couple of glasses of wine and eventually called it a night.

My fiance has had this cold for about 1 week at this point, wicked cough etc. But I was not getting it despite living together and being in close proximity. In fact I rarely ever get sick and if I do my body adjusts within a few hours or a day. However, that night (Tuesday), I woke up in the middle of the night completely delirious, swollen throat, wheezing and had the chills. I took some more Vitamin C (about 4 grams) and rubbed some oil of oregano on my throat and went back to bed wearing a sweatshirt and pants.

I called off of work that morning and read a little more about mold toxicity and my symptoms fit the bill. Not only that but it probably lowered my immune response to fighting off my fiance's cold. So I filled up the bath, put half a cup of ammonia in and soaked for 20 minutes. I was instantly feeling better afterward. My throat cleared up and I could feel the swelling go down quite a bit while in the bath. It felt like it was working that fast.

Sorry for the long winded post but I thought it would be good to share. It was so strange how this happened during the period I have been reading this thread and thank god I was. Who knows how sick I could have gotten. One other note... after that exposure my scalp felt really strange. It was almost painful to the touch.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:36 am

Oh and I cleaned up my bath area, which typically has mold with ammonia and it worked pretty well. I had used bleach in the past but used ammonia this time because of the recommendation for the mycotoxins. I will say bleach removes the blackness a bit better than ammonia but that is probably due to the oxidative powers of bleach. Just so everyone knows never mix bleach and ammonia together, it creates mustard gas.

I was thinking about using a dilute mixture of ammonia too for the bath area as a preventative spray. Once a day or every other day would be good. If the smell is too bad I will probably go with borax diluted for a daily spray and only spray the ammonia once a week.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:55 am

Thanks for the info hapyman. Glad you're feeling better after the ammonia bath.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Btw, jdp, I've been drinking black tea brewed with cinnamon and clove and sweetened with honey for a few days. And those days I have been exposed to some mold in the house. Normally, I'm quite allergic to mold and dust mites. This time I found I did not fall sick, like I usually do upon such exposure.

Upon reading your posts, I had a voila! moment. I can definitely attribute the protective effect to the cinnamon/ clove tea. I have never tried this tea before regularly, and strongly agree with you that cinnamon and clove are fighting the mold and associated toxins. The thieves oil, which lists these two mainly among others, then must be quite effective.

To those with no easy access to thieves oil; using clove-cinnamon incenses and tea, or plainly chewing them, or using them as spices may be a way to fight mold toxins. Of course, a less effective one than using thieves oil, but effective nonetheless, from what I am experiencing.

Disclaimer! Very Happy
1. I am currently also taking one capsule of neem extract a day, so that might also be helping against mold.
2. The relief against dust mites isn't much.

Great info, jdp.
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:28 am

JDP or others. On the first page Young's Thieves Oil is not recommended. Is it recommended to blend it ourselves or is there another brand you or others have found to work well?

Here are two recipes for Thieves Oil. One from Karen another from Debbie.

Thieves Oil recipes:

1. Equal amounts of eucalyptus, rosemary, cinnamon, clove and lemon. Mix with base of olive oil. I usually put a tablespoon of each in a 2 oz. bottle and then fill the rest with olive oil. you can make a larger batch in a quart jar following the same proportion method.

2. Same ingredients, but measured out in different strength's. Clove Bud Oil 200 drops, Lemon Oil 175 drops, Cinnamon Oil 100 drops, Eucalyptus Oil 75 drops, Rosemary 50 drops.

Thieves Oil Courtesy of Caroline Rogers founder of Nutrition Naturally and co-owner of The Tidewater Companion- A Holistic Health Directory and Resource Guide!

I think I already have two of those essential oils. Just need to get some cinnamon, clove and lemon.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks for the info 9rugrats5.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the cloves in the tea helped with MPB based on this quote on biofilm. I've mentioned before but IMO I believe biofilm is what people are confused about when it comes to MPB and how MPB is like a roller coaster ride.

"Clove oil has been dated back to 207 BC, where Chinese historians raved about its many uses. Today studies have shown that the eugenol contained inside kills more than 60 types of bacteria, 15 strains of fungi, candida, and other viruses. It works by disrupting the biofilms of bacteria and fungi, basically the clusters they form to create a protective shield."

Hey hapyman,

I haven't tried any others for thieves oil besides Young Living. If I'm not mistaken Young Living is the standard for thieves oil and may own the patent for the name for it. It does work extremely well no doub about it. However, I do think it's overpriced and one day I'll try the cheaper ones on ebay or Dr. Lloyd's version at royalrife.com called Detox Oil. Dr. Lloyd is a genius so I'm sure his version works well.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:34 am

What are your recommendations for diagnosing mold poisoning?

How about the VCS eye test or Dr. Shoemaker's lab work?

rdkml wrote:Thanks for the info 9rugrats5.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the cloves in the tea helped with MPB based on this quote on biofilm. I've mentioned before but IMO I believe biofilm is what people are confused about when it comes to MPB and how MPB is like a roller coaster ride.

"Clove oil has been dated back to 207 BC, where Chinese historians raved about its many uses. Today studies have shown that the eugenol contained inside kills more than 60 types of bacteria, 15 strains of fungi, candida, and other viruses. It works by disrupting the biofilms of bacteria and fungi, basically the clusters they form to create a protective shield."

Hey hapyman,

I haven't tried any others for thieves oil besides Young Living. If I'm not mistaken Young Living is the standard for thieves oil and may own the patent for the name for it. It does work extremely well no doub about it. However, I do think it's overpriced and one day I'll try the cheaper ones on ebay or Dr. Lloyd's version at royalrife.com called Detox Oil. Dr. Lloyd is a genius so I'm sure his version works well.

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I haven't used the VCS test myself so I couldn't say personally but I've seen other people use it and appears to be reliable.

Here is a quote from Dr. Lloyd I've posted a few times before which you can try for free.

Also, living in another home or going on vacation for a few days is a very good test as well. And if you relapse almost immediately on return to your home that would also be an indicator of probable mold issues.

Good question. We do not attempt to block angiotensin or otherwise
reduce inflammation directly. We find that if we can reduce infection
and especially mold toxin levels, inflammation will reduce nicely. In
fact, we observe that symptom scores using the Metabolic Screening
Questionnaire go up as mold levels go up and down as the mold goes
down. For those not familiar with this test, you can print it at
http://www.royalrife.com/metabolic_screening.pdf .

Reducing mold toxins is not easy. It is easy enough to get mold toxins
out of people but reducing exposure is not. Any room with a concrete
floor (basement, house on a slab, attached garage) and any car that has
been driven in the rain will be a mold factory and it must be treated
often. Using large amounts of Detox Oil is expensive and some people
can't tolerate that anyway. MMS plus citric acid makes chlorine dioxide
which is effective but it is also an irritant to the lungs. It is
possible that an industrial ozone generator (10,000+ mg per hour) might
work but people cannot be in the area that is being treated.

We find that visual contrast returns to normal as mold levels go down.
I have the device here that tests for VSC and as you know the test can
be done online.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm

This is an interesting article. I never gave this issue much thought until I read this post here. While this may not be the main reason my hairloss seems to have skyrocketed over the past year, this may possibly be a contributing factor.

My home definitely has mold issues. I have a crawl space beneath the house which is not a cement slab. The single story home is built directly over the soil/dirt. I been down there a few times as I worked on the plumbing and can say for sure there is a strong moldy odor below. It's dark, cold and kinda damp in some areas. The perfect environment for this mold to exist. The ground below the house is like two feet under my bedroom floor.

The house doesn't really have any major mold odors that I have noticed but this mold issue does seem to make it's way through my hardwood floors and into the bedroom. One side of our closet shows some black mold growing in there. It's upsetting as we can't use the closet much due to this problem. I have had shoes grow fuzzy mold after sitting in the closet for about two weeks untouched. They same with many other clothes.

I can't use the bottom three drawers (closest ones to the floor) from my dresser as anything we put in those will become moldy. You can actually smell the mold in those lower drawers. And coincidentally I just noticed some black furry mold growing on our base molding behind a night stand which is about two feet away from were I sleep.

Long story short, there are definitely mold spores in my home, and even more disturbing now, is that there in my bedroom.. Sad

Looking back at things, I have lived here now for about 8 years and I have developed bad anxiety over the past 4 years and often get migraines, among a handful of other issues. Now I can't say this is all related, but geez, after reading this post and some of the other related posts here on this topic, I'm thinking, maybe this mold has played a part.

Is there a test to know if ones body has been contaminated by this mold? I noticed the OP mentioned his WBC levels were not very optimum. I also had recent blood work and my WBC readings are below normal levels at 3.7. My kidney levels seem to be within normal range however my liver function tests were reading high levels.

Does it sound like I may have some internal mold issues?
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm

The best way to know if you have a mold problem at your home is to live somewhere else for a few days and see if you get better. If you do and you almost immediately return to be ill again then most likely mold is making you ill at your home.

Using MMS (don't breath the fumes) is very effective to kill visible mold. Diffusing thieves oil is one of the best ways to inhibit mold in your home as well. Reducing EMF/WiFi exposure is also important as mold will grow much faster and produce much more potent toxins in response. Taking cholestepure supplement or foot detox bath will help to detox the mold while you still live in the home but may want to move if you can if you get ill when you live there.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the info JDP. I did catch that bit on a previews post here about staying somewhere else for a few days or say. To be honest, while I know the mold issue does exist in my bedroom, I can't say for certain if I notice any changes if I'm away from home for a few days.

I have on occasion went camping and or stayed in a hotel for several days straight and don't recall noticing anything different physically. It's tough to notice any changes in the hair by staying elsewhere for a few days as well. I would probably need to keep away for a few months.. Smile

I think I am more calmer and relaxed when I am away from home and less headaches. Not sure if this would be due to the lack of mold when I'm away or just from taking a break from work.

The fact that mold does exist inside my home and particularly that I do breath this air throughout the night as I sleep had me concerned. Just to verify right now, I went down and took a few good sniffs on the floor by my bed and I was able to smell like a damp humid odor.

Whether this is causing any issue or effects, I can't say for certain, I'm guessing though that this environment may not be so healthy. You mentioned the thieves oil as being effective against this mold. Just to confirm, is this the one you referred to? Would supplementing with something like this also be effective in combating mycotoxins as found in some foods?

http://www.youngliving.com/thieves-essential-oil/Thieves-Oil

Looks like you can supplement this at 1 drop. I'm presuming this means one drop per day.

How long do you run a diffuser for and is it safe to be in the area or should one leave the area for some time while diffusing?

I'm not familiar with MMS.. what is this? You mentioned that you would dilute the thieves oil in a bottle and spray any visible mold areas. What are you diluting this with, water?
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Addicted wrote:Would supplementing with something like this also be effective in combating mycotoxins as found in some foods?

No idea on mycotoxins but it will inhibit mold greatly. One drop in a glass of water. With that said, it tastes horrible! And your mouth will dry out very bad. It's almost impossible to keep up with IME.

Yes, can dilute thieves oil in water. and spray rooms with it to inhibit mold rather than buying the diffuser. Or can put some drops mixed with water on the stove as another way. The diffuser would be the better route though.

Using a diffuser with thieves oil in your home is fine. Some info in this article. http://www.royalrife.com/mold_summary.pdf

MMS is also known as miracle mineral supplement. Google search will give info on it and it's many uses. Internal it's poison IMO. But taking poison can sometimes help in the immediate sense for many ailments but at the expense of long term health IMO. Spraying MMS will kill mold extremely well but fumes are toxic. It was used after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans to kill mold in homes by enclosing the whole home in a gigantic plastic tarp and spraying MMS in the it.

Just because you have visible mold doesn't mean you have the very dangerous kind that makes one incredibly ill. Also, even if one can't see the mold doesn't mean it's not there as mold can be nearly invisible. Not to mention they can be under carpets or behind shower walls.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks again for your updates JDP. I think I'm going to pick up some of this thieves oil. The fact that there is an oder of mold when I enter my bedroom and have visible signs of it is enough for me to believe that this couldn't be healthy to sleep around and breath in all night. This musty smell is an indication that the levels are probably high.

Maybe your right that the mold which exists here may not be very dangerous but the thought of it's existence provides no comfort. I also have two children that grew up in this house that seem to suffer with allergies and have had almost asthma symptoms at times.

I think picking up the diffuser would be an added benefit. The links you posted from eBay are nice and the pricing is reasonable. I also like the spray bottle approach also and will looking into incorporating both methods here soon.

Very nice article on the mold toxins by Dr. Loyd. He made an interesting remark about how many who have high levels of mold toxins in their body cannot smell mustiness until after their levels are reduced.

I never really smelled this stuff before and since I have been doing metal cleanses and practically every supplement on the IH regimen for about 5 steady months now, I have to admit I am just now noticing this smell. Perhaps this serves as an indication that my toxicity mold levels are now low as a result of the chelation and supplementation. Just an observation I have come to notice...
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 am

Something interesting... I used Revita (ketoconazale) shampoo this past week, which was the first time in a long time. Anyway, along with it seeming to bring down itch and inflammation pretty considerably i also dropped some in the bathtub which sat there for a day or 2 as it's very glue like, which is part of the reason i had stopped using it. I looked at the spot where it was and it's completely clean. Like a bright white spot in the middle of the bathtub which is very difficult to clean. Even with bleach. So I'm wondering if this was the keto acting on the film in the tub and that the film is actually mold. Just thought this was interesting...
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Hey Yanks, that's an interesting observation you made there. I been using Revita on and off for nearly two years now. I have noticed that it would help with any scalp itch on the days I would use it and also seemed to make my hair feel thicker. I couldn't honestly say that I experienced any hair growth using the Revita but the ingredients contained in this product sure sound beneficial.

One issue I did have with this shampoo was that it seemed to be a bit too drying. I still use it at times along with the ortho shampoo and the organic hair loss shampoo from just natural.
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 am

yea i actually loved the old version. the consistency was awesome and i used it a lot. then i stopped using it to try to get chemical free and eventually bought another bottle for intermittent use when needed, but the consistency is awful now. It's seriously like glue. I never found it to be drying but the opposite. I think there is a lot of glycerin in it which could either pull moisture from the air or pull it from your hair/scalp if not enough in the air. So it could work either way if it's a high concentration. I don't like that I've used it a few times recently, but my diet has been absolute garbage so I figured it might protect my hair a little at this time. Time to get back to chelating/detoxing/RIFE'ing/perfect diet etc
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 am

Just ordered a diffuser and extra Thieves oil.

I'm pretty convinced that my hair/health problems are due to mold (humid climate) and suspect some may be in the AC system. There is a smell in certain areas of the apartment, but nothing visible, and no objects smell at all (carpet etc) - so I am assuming it's just in the air.

Time to fix this once and for all.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2