Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Mold, lyme and gluten EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mold, lyme and gluten

+3
brandnew
DBAL
ubraj
7 posters

Go down

Mold, lyme and gluten Empty Mold, lyme and gluten

Post  ubraj Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 am

Note what is in bold

Mold and Lyme Toxins

By Richard Loyd, Ph.D.

This article is an excerpt from the 2008 Lyme Disease Annual Report.

Mold toxins are found in foods such as grains and peanuts. Far more serious are the mold toxins found in buildings with water leaks. Buildings with flat roofs and buildings on a concrete slab at the bottom of a hill are ready-made for mold problems. Mold toxins are the most common of the biotoxins and are responsible for many of the symptoms of Lyme Disease patients.

When a building has a water leak or water damage that is not immediately corrected, molds such as Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, Penicillium and Chae-tomium are likely to start colonies. The colonies may be visible or they may be hidden in places such as the tops of ceiling tiles or the bottoms of carpets. They send out spores which contain potent nerve toxins or neurotoxins.

When these spores with their neurotoxins are inhaled, about 76% of the population can make antibodies to the toxins and quickly eliminate them. They may sneeze, have a sore throat or have other minor symptoms, but symptoms are temporary. If they spend several days in a moldy building, they will begin to feel sick, but when they are away for a few days they recover. These same people are also able to eliminate Lyme toxins quickly.

About 24% of the population have a genetic makeup that makes them unable to produce the needed antibodies. The body simply does not identify the toxins as invaders and it does not eliminate them effectively. The liver can send them to the digestive tract via the bile, but they are quickly reabsorbed back into the blood. The result is that continual or repeated exposures to mold toxins result in an ever increasing amount of these toxins in the body. And if the person has Lyme Disease, Lyme toxins also build up in the body the same way. These are the people that get very sick when they do frequency treatments for Lyme. Frequency treatments for Lyme are not recommended until the toxin issue is addressed.

These mold and Lyme toxins attach to fat cells and cause the fat cells to continually release inflammatory cytokines. The result is chronic inflammation with symptoms such as fatigue, pain, brain fog and out of control weight gain. Sometimes there is excessive weight loss instead. When a person has the flu, symptoms are not caused directly by the viruses. The symptoms are caused by the resulting cytokines. So mold and Lyme toxins can cause symptoms similar to a permanent case of flu.

Cytokines also cause the release of a material called MMP9 that makes people feel terrible.

Cytokines also cause reduced circulation in small blood vessels with reduced oxygen and nutrients to the cells. This acts similarly to heart disease and any exercise can result in a crash that lasts for days.

Excess cytokines are also related to autoimmune problems. And autoim-mune reactions are much more common in people with long arms – “wingspan” longer than their height.

Mold and Lyme toxin patients may make antibodies to myelin with result-ing nerve damage. MS patients should be checked for mold and Lyme toxins. They may make antibodies to a material called cardiolipin. This causes blood to sludge. Hands and feet are often cold. More commonly they make antibodies to gliadin which is a protein found in gluten. The result is an inability to tolerate gluten grains (wheat, rye, oats, barley).

A diet high in sugar and in the starch amylose (wheat, rye, oats barley, rice, root vegetables, bananas) causes rapid blood sugar and insulin spikes making things worse.

Some substances like dopamine and serotonin cannot cross the blood brain barrier (BBB). But the BBB does not slow down inflammatory cytokines at all, so they enter the brain and block various receptor sites. When the leptin receptor sites are blocked, leptin levels increase and leptin resistance is produced. The excess leptin packs fat into fat cells where it stays until the toxins are removed. These people can gain weight on 1000 calories.

When leptin receptors are blocked, the production of a chemical called MSH is blocked. If MSH is low, melatonin production will be low, resulting in sleep problems. If MSH is low, endorphins will be low resulting in excess chronic pain.

MSH also controls pituitary hormone production and if MSH is low, there will be a loss of hormonal control. If cortisol is low, treatment should be to remove the neurotoxins. If cortisol is given, that depresses ACTH production and this can make the person’s health much worse.

Anti-diuretic hormone production by the pituitary is often disrupted resulting in excess urination even to the point of dehydration and excess thirst and excess salt remaining in the blood. When that happens, the person is a good conductor of electricity and many patients have problems with static electricity shocks. They may damage electronic equipment by touching it.

People who are low in MSH often have leaky gut which lets in more gliadin which causes more inflammation and further reduces MSH which causes more leaky gut which lets in more gliadin…. In any case of bowel disease, mold and Lyme toxins should be checked. Eighty percent of low MSH patients have colonization in their sinuses by a variety of bacteria called “multiple antibiotic-resistant coagulase negative staph.” In most people, this organism is fairly benign, but in low MSH patients it must be taken care of before they can feel good. Colloidal silver nose drops are a possibility.

Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, M.D. uses Cholestyramine to remove the toxins. Cholestyramine causes bloating, digestive discomfort and constipation in most patients. We have experimented with plant sterols in the form of Cholestepure (2 X 3) with very good results and little or no negative effects. C-Food from Precision Herbs (4 X 3) also works well for toxin removal. Plan on taking one to two months for this. Stay away from moldy places and moldy foods.

To reduce inflammation we have used a number of products such as Metagenics UltraInflamX, Kaprex, Kaprex AI, and Biotics KappArrest. Homeopathics for mold and Lyme would help.

If the molds are actually causing infection, a product called Immune Yeast and Fungus can be used along with a toxin removal program.

For much more information, see the book “Mold Warriors” by Dr. Shoe-maker.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Mold, lyme and gluten Empty Re: Mold, lyme and gluten

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 am

This is interesting considering I move into a new house during school, my Dad's place, where there's this persistent smell of mold and it's extremely difficult to remove from my clothing. The entire house smells funny. When I come back for the summer to my Mom's house, the smell is extremely profound on my clothes, regardless of them being washed at my Dad's place beforehand. Also, the hair loss did start and accelerate when I moved in there. I guess it's something for me to think about.

Back to top Go down

Post  DBAL Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am

have a similar experience. The place I lived at last year smelt of mold and that is when the itching started. Be great to know what is the best route to get rid of scalp infections? Ive been on the top 6 for a month now and have been using acv and kefir topically but still this itch and sensitivity remains.

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 am

Interested to know this as well. What would be the best bet to get rid of mold? DMSO? Or are internals the only solution?

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu May 13, 2010 7:02 am

The best thing for an itchy scalp is to apply Lugol's "2%" at night.

http://www.swansonsvitamins.com/LGS001/ItemDetail?n=0

At night because it stains your skin for a bit but goes away by morning. Should only need to apply once or twice per week. Some on the forum used Lugol's with MSM to further increase penetration but I don't feel it's needed.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Thu May 13, 2010 8:02 am

I take it Iosol is similarly effective?

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 am

jdp710 - You found something that I couldn't find after lots of searching. A few weeks ago I was studying Dr. Shoemaker's protocol pretty heavily, and had remarked that after years of experimenting, trying all the "obvious" natural stuff, that nothing worked to absorb these mold toxins except for the cholestyramine-based treatment protocol, or the drug Welchol (colesevelam).

Of course, I couldn't help to think what about phytosterols, they inhibit gut absorption of cholesterol, would they also serve to sequester bile circulating (mold) toxins as well?

Well, you found the answer. Anyway, here's my previous thread on the same related subject.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/do-you-have-a-few-or-more-of-the-following-symptoms-t3190.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 am

Also, if anyone isn't getting the results they are expecting, and their hair loss is not resolving despite persistant treatment, then biotoxins is something to seriously look at very closely.

The reason is that if you're one of the 24% effected who cannot produce an antigen to erradicate this mycotoxin invasion, there will be chronic elevation of inflammatory cytokines, including elevation of TGF-beta, MMP-9.

In see my thread link above to find the link to the test, to see if you're possibly infected, or you might try the short-term high dose phytosterols to see if there's any improvement before expanding to further treatment.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 9:33 am

Bumping this, may be a missing link for some users, notably edony.

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu May 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Hey CS,

Glad I could help! Here is an expanded article

http://www.royalrife.com/mold_toxins.pdf

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu May 13, 2010 6:42 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Of course, I couldn't help to think what about phytosterols, they inhibit gut absorption of cholesterol, would they also serve to sequester bile circulating (mold) toxins as well?

By the way, I use to take Saw Palmetto for an extremely long time and it did work for me just so long as it was a high dose. With my gluten and food sensitivities just makes all the more reason why I'm going to get a F-165 and SC-1 ----> rife machine.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am

jdp701 - Great info, I didn't know about the MMS/citric acid for the toxic mold decontamination.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 pm

CS/jdp,

What would be the mechanism of action of the phytosterols for toxin removal?

Reduction of bile?
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

... I meant, inhibition of reabsorption.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 14, 2010 3:23 pm

LittleFighter - Originally, the bile sequesterant, cholestyramine was used, which was used long ago to lower cholesterol, not anything like today's statins do by inhibiting HMG-co-reductase.

Dr. Shoemaker discovered by accident that when he gave his patients this drug to stop their diarrhea, a side-effect that was used intentionally--however, some of his patients other symptoms went away also.

The mold and/or mycotoxins temporarily attach themselves to fat cell receptors, they also leave the receptors and travel into bile. As they flow into the bile, the drug sops it up and is then excreted. Even though it was a drug, it is not systemically absorbed, but unfortunately is causes unpleasant gastrointestinal distress.

That being said, phytosterols also bind to cholesterol and they may also trap these mycotoxins along with it.

Bear in mind that the drug or the non-drug approach, (phytosterols) will not get rid of all the mold toxins, but a good chunk of it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:30 pm

shower heads... What a Face affraid What a Face affraid What a Face

i just have removed my shower head and i am planning on showering directly from the straight pipe. Twisted Evil
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 am

Reviving this old topic because I just started taking 1,500 mg of a phytosterol complex 3 times a day, for a total of 4,500 mg a day. I have been doing this for 3 1/2 days now.

This was recommended by Dr. Lloyd to help with a mold issue. Does this dose sound too high for anyone else? how long should I be doing this for?

Thanks.

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 am

Once your mold issue is under control....that dosage can cause some sides....so using it long term is not recommended.

I used to mega dose with the stuff, and results health wise were not good (lowers mood, sexual performance, etc.)

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Once your mold issue is under control....that dosage can cause some sides....so using it long term is not recommended.

I used to mega dose with the stuff, and results health wise were not good (lowers mood, sexual performance, etc.)

Thanks for the response, CS.

Any idea when it will be under control, roughly? I know its a very hard question to answer, but I don't know which symptoms are from the mold, so its hard to say when I'll have it under control. I don't want to over dose myself on it. Should it be weeks? months?

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:30 am

Anyone? its been about 5 days since I started heavy cholestepure use. Getting worried about its long term health effects, and how long I should be on this stuff.

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down