Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

JDP - Air Purifier for Mold?

3 posters

Go down

JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? Empty JDP - Air Purifier for Mold?

Post  Raxe Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:03 am

After reading some of your posts and thinking about it, I think I do have mold sensitivity (I get dermatitis when I am around mold). I moved into a new apartment 2 months ago and have had no issues. Cleaned my bathroom recently with thieves oil cleanser - Do you recommend an air purifier for this?

Thanks man, hope all is well.

Raxe

Back to top Go down

JDP - Air Purifier for Mold? Empty Re: JDP - Air Purifier for Mold?

Post  ubraj Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm

unless you have lots of money, I really think there are better ways to combat mold than with an air purifier. You see, most air purifiers won't capture the mycotoxins. I know there is one that does called IQ air purifier but it costs $700. I also have a less effective one called Austin air purifier that costs around $350 but is a standard HEPA filter and the air is better but it doesn't seem to do much for mold. I believe Gibson mentioned he used Air Free and they still didn't tackle the mold problem. Very high negative ions (Wein $130) in the hopes that the mycotoxins will fall to the floor was disappointing.

They really are the last line of defense. I really like the Young Living thieves oil as it seemed to do a very good job. I tried a cheap brand off ebay and I don't think it works well. I'm going to continue trying other brands but the short answer is that thieves oil from at least Young Living works well for mold issues.

I think it's said 50% of homes have a mold problem... enough to cause issues. For those with health or psychological issues I really believe that using something like thieves oil is better than a lot of other things.

I'm personally in the process of removing the carpeting from some areas of my home and it's amazing. There really is no more mold in my home than any other home but it's at the bottom of the carpet. In the carpet, you can't really see it but symptoms are almost immediate when I lift the carpet back. The biggest culprit appears to be the padding as just removing the padding in select areas symptoms will disappear.

Anyhow, regarding the air purifier, I'd recommend thieves oil before an air purifier. You don't even need to use it often. I think Dr. Lloyd mentions once every two weeks but I'm experimenting with timing so I can't comment other than thieves oil works well. But again, an air purifier really should be the very last thing to buy due to the cost and inconvenience and just so so in real world results IME.

hope this helps.

Oh and it's also a good thing you know you have a mold sensitivity as you may also experiment with cutting out foods high in mycotoxins and see if you get even better health. Dairy products and milk can be high as well as well as grain fed beef (but not grass fed), peanut butter and others.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 pm

rdkml thanks for opening my eyes to the problems brought by mold. I have been experiencing itching that now I think might be linked to mold. I did look into the thieves oil and I'm not sure which one is best to clean a whole house. Do you suggest the essential oil, spray, or household cleaner? And how do you use it to remove the mold?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:14 am

Your welcome.

I wish more people knew about the importance of mold/mycotoxins but I'm sure they were like me where I've heard about the importance for years but figured it was just another one of many things that cause health and hair loss problems.

But yeah, you'd know if the itching is caused by a mold/mycotoxin problem if you are away from the home or car or wherever there might be a problem and you no longer have a problem with itching.

For me, just two days ago I was cleaning some mold under the carpet padding without any gloves and my hand has what looks like a mild to moderate case of dermatitis or very dry winter skin where the skin is now very dry and cracked and a little bleeding.

Anyhow, to answer your question what I do is put some drops of thieves oil in a very small spray bottle where it's very concentrated. That way, I can spray like 20 sprays to cover a room. It can be done this way as it's the smell that keeps the mold and bacteria and such in check. I will also put some drops on a small piece of paper towel and placed around the home as well which is what others also do as well.

I don't own a diffuser yet but Young Living appears to make a good one. This one appears to be a good price and is on my list to buy one day. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Young-Living-Essential-Oil-Diffuser-Bronze-/260947072960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc1a857c0

Dr. Klinghardt has his patients use Bee Propolis where it's said to work by taking the mold/mycotoxins out of the air and into the ground. I believe you need a special type of diffuser for this and can't be sprayed in the air like thieves oil if I'm not mistaken.

However, Dr. Lloyd I have a lot of respect for and has a product called Detox Oil http://www.royalrife.com/cgi/cart.pl?db=store-c-d.dat which contains thieves oil and I believe a little bit of Bee Propolis. I believe his version shouldn't clog a regular diffuser such as what I linked to above and is cheaper that Young Living thieves oil and is what I'll be buying next to save some money and hopefully work as well as Young Living.

I hope that answers your question.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks; that answered most of them.

Do you spray in the air or directly at the carpet etc? And if a room hasn't got a carpet or any other mold attracting item, do you not pay any attention to it, or less?

I looked at the Detox Oil you linked to and there's no mention of bee propolis in the ingredient list. Are you planning on the diffuser running 24/7?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 am

I just spray in the air and then it falls to the ground rapidly. I don't really spray anywhere else but the places where I know I have a mold issue which is the carpeted areas and then I spray around couches, curtains and other fabrics that may harbor mold spores.

Dr. Lloyd has a yahoo forum where he briefly mentioned the info about Bee Propolis being in his Detox Oil.

No need to run the diffuser 24/7 and would be a waste of money as it would rapidly go through the thieves oil/detox oil. In the beginning you use large amounts to get a handle on mold, bacteria and such but then every 2 weeks or so you can get by with using smaller amounts to inhibit mold growth.

Not to mention having thieves oil around would be a good alternative in case you feel like your catching a cold or flu or similar.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks!

What I used to do (technically still do), is when very little water spills onto a carpet, I would just let it dry by itself. I might scoop some of the water out using a spoon but it would be damp still for hours if not a day. Is there a good chance those spots will develop molds?

Another thing I've noticed is around windows. During the winter, since the windows aren't air-tight, they let some draft in which brings with it some condensation when it gets warmer. The walls around the windows turn a dusty, spotty green which I thought might be mold but didn't take it too seriously. Could that also be mold?

How does the oil smell? Is it like Vicks? I've seen some reviews mention how it smells really good.

Lastly, has it occurred to you to get the ingredients separately and mix them somehow to get a similar effect? I know it will be a guessing game, but that's probably how the company got their formula as well.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 am

"Is there a good chance those spots will develop molds?"

I don't know. Even if it does develop mold it doesn't mean that that visible mold is very harmful. Not to mention there are molds that are almost invisible to the eye that are very dangerous.

There are petri dishes you can lay around your house and send them to a lab to find out how bad the mold issue is in each room and if the mold is dangerous. I haven't done that as the best test IMO is to be away from the house or car or work, etc. for a couple days and see if one feels better.

In short though, it's always best to combat any potential mold visible or not in the house. It's said something like 50% of all homes have mold that causes health issues. About 24% of population has a genetic defect preventing them from detoxing mold toxins. It's said about 80% of people with chronic health issues looking for help with health issues have that genetic defect. Thus 80% of people on forums such as this need to focus on reducing mold in their home.

My biggest thoughts with it is is that it wrecks the immune system allowing pathogens to dominate in the body. There is a reason why health ailments such as MS is preceded by exposure to two dangerous mold issues. Not to mention those with MS, Alzheimer's, Lyme, ALS, drug addicts and other issues most all if not all have unrecognized mold issues. Basically, many health ailments and psychological issues becomes easier to control and less mysterioius when mold is taken care of.

The Young Living thieves oil doesn't smell bad. If it does bother you then just use it briefly before you leave for work or similar. It's not like the home will smell of thieves oil often. Just more like 5% of the time or so.

Regarding making it own your own you can do that but I don't have any experience. My worry is that while it may be cheaper you have to worry about some brands being watered down and thus less effective at the same concentration. Here is info on how to DIY http://www.noordinaryhomestead.com/dailiness/how-to-make-thieves-oil/

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:12 pm

On my search for a good diffuser, I came across this one:

http://www.amazon.com/H2EO-Ultrasonic-Diffuser-diffuser/dp/B003B3Q3H2/ref=pd_sbs_misc_5

What do you think of it rdkml?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:23 am

I'm sorry, I really don't know. Personally, I would rather buy one that has good reviews "and" used by others that I know. That way I know the reviews aren't fake and they are happy with them.

Here are two quotes from Dr. Lloyd and he also sells the diffuser a little cheaper than elsewhere.

"We use the Aroma Pro from Diffuser World."

The current version of Detox oil is about 7.5% propolis."

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down