Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell

3 posters

Go down

R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell Empty R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell

Post  zerx Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm

A couple of days after I started using R-ALA, I started noticing a strange smell when I pee. It smelled like burnt plastic or rubber. After doing some google searches, I come to find out that it's normal for someone using ALA to experience such a phenomenon. But that's only if one is using a high dose of it; I'm only using 100mg R-ALA once a day.

Does this indicate a problem with me healthwise?

zerx

Back to top Go down

R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell Empty Re: R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm

zerx wrote:A couple of days after I started using R-ALA, I started noticing a strange smell when I pee. It smelled like burnt plastic or rubber. After doing some google searches, I come to find out that it's normal for someone using ALA to experience such a phenomenon. But that's only if one is using a high dose of it; I'm only using 100mg R-ALA once a day.

Does this indicate a problem with me healthwise?

There's no problem health wise and what you report is common.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell Empty Re: R-alpha Lipoic Acid and Urine Smell

Post  zerx Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 pm

I suppose it's because I can't metabolize sulfur all that well. Is there something that might be causing that for me, if it's a possibility? Or did you mean that the reduced ability to metabolize sulfur isn't a big deal?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 am

I never get a smell with RLA (I take it on a daily basis per CS's top six recommendations) but did with high-dose regular ALA, which I started taking before moving to R-ALA. When I first started taking regular ALA it made my pee smell like I'd eaten a lot of asparagus.

My opinion now is that the smell has something to do with chelation/detox. ALA (both forms) is supposed to mobilize mercury out of the brain, so maybe it mobilizes other stuff as well. Sulfur is supposed to bind to chelated substances, remove them from the bod. So I'm guessing there's a connection.

However, I seem to have gotten over the stinky pee phase. I recently finished 3 weeks of fairly heavy duty chelation using humifulvate, high-dose regular ALA, and DMSA (3 days DMSA at beginning of chelation and 3 days near the end only), and I didn't notice any odor except during the days I took the DMSA. ALA provokes no odor at all any more. I'm assuming that's because I'm "cleaner" now than when I first started taking ALA. Maybe it will be this way for you, as well, if you keep up with it.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks for that whodathunkit. I didn't consider that possibility until you mentioned it.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down