Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hair Quality Observation while Traveling EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hair Quality Observation while Traveling

+2
CobaltBlue
helpmyhair1
6 posters

Go down

Hair Quality Observation while Traveling Empty Hair Quality Observation while Traveling

Post  helpmyhair1 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 pm

I recently went to the west coast in california. it was a nice change.. was just starting to get cold where I'm from on the east coast and I got to Cali and the weather was great, a little chilly at night at times, but overall good. I was staying at a nice hotel (westin).

What I noticed while there was that the quality of my hair looked incredible. It was soft, lushious, thicker looking, had a really nice silky kind of feel to it.. and it made it look like I didn't have any signs of hairloss at all. And it also felt really good.. was still taking my supplements that I usually take, but they all just seemed to work better, rarely having any feelings of inflammation. It was incredible actually.

Then I got back home... and my hair returned to normal, which is kind of dead looking at times, sort of dry, and thinner feeling even. Also scalp itch is more prevalent at home then when I was there.

Some observations I have about why this may be:

- Could be the showerhead... I did notice it felt really nice.. like the perfect amount of pressure and coverage... very relaxing. Maybe even the hotel has purer water? who knows.
- Could be that the room is cleaned daily by a maid.. fresh towels, fresh sheets.. so you are always sanitary. Perhaps viable
- Maybe its the air in california?

I dunno, what do you guys think?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Hair Quality Observation while Traveling Empty Re: Hair Quality Observation while Traveling

Post  CobaltBlue Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I dont post too much, but just wanted to chime in on this. I experienced the complete opposite effect when I went to portland, oregon from chicago this past june.

My hair became frail and weak. I had a heavy shed the entire week I was there. When I returned home, the shedding slowed down and eventually normalized.

CobaltBlue

Back to top Go down

Hair Quality Observation while Traveling Empty Re: Hair Quality Observation while Traveling

Post  elan164 Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Maybe you have a mold problem at your home. Possible changes in humidity between the two places. Different chemicals in the tap water, could be softer water. Your uplifted mood from the weather change could also play a part. The fact you were on vacation, usually means less stress and worries from your daily life.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:40 pm

elan164 wrote:Maybe you have a mold problem at your home. Possible changes in humidity between the two places. Different chemicals in the tap water, could be softer water. Your uplifted mood from the weather change could also play a part. The fact you were on vacation, usually means less stress and worries from your daily life.

Very interesting points. I was actually there on business and doing alot of work while there, but it was still fun with restaurants and bars and what not.

I suspect I could have mold as I live in an apartment from the 80s that is carpeted. Can't really do much about this at the moment... what can I do to combat mold that isnt too expensive?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 pm

I'd say water quality. I've experienced different hair quality everywhere too. The difference could be chemicals (the water here is great lakes water, which is heavily chlorinated, hair just acts like garbage). At college, only 40 minutes away, my hair was amazing. I got compliments on its shine and luster, and always had a certain bounce to it. The water felt softer too, could have been osmosis or something.

Point is, it could be ground water or sea water. I find ground water sources make hair rougher and weigh it down making your scalp feel dry. I hear sea water can have quite the opposite effect, perhaps that's what you experienced. Also it could be the piping in your building too. Shower filters do help, but doesn't change the true makeup of the water which I feel is key to the differences you noticed.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 pm

I was puzzled myself for many years until I looked under my carpet....

If you have these symptoms not only do you want to eliminate mold but also remove EMF, Wifi, cordless phones in the home, treat your car, etc.. My prior posts have some good info on this and would bet a good percentage of those with MPB have similar issue

"mold sufferers feel better in dry climates

Mold: often moods connected with dullness of brain. Can change in
minutes after exposure. Often chronically irritated as long as in mold
environment and immediately better, as soon as out

mold symptoms can flare up within minutes after exposure (ie visiting
someone who lives in a moldy home)

Mold symptoms improve after successful Hg removal (mold uses Hg to
protect itself from the host immune system)"

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1721104#i

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  marieluy143 Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Maybe the weather? or I can say the water you are using.

marieluy143

http://www.leimo.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down