Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality

+7
The Hulk
sublime9
AS54
tooyoung
mike78
Amaranthaceae
FireFist
11 posters

Go down

General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality Empty General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality

Post  FireFist Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:20 am

Hey guys,

So i recently moved out to my own place and i want to invest in my appearance a bit.

I'm already kind of tall, and kind of muscular. I'm about 6'1 (186cm) and i have quite a bit of muscle and some hair left. I would like to ask some questions on how to grow taller (i opened a thread before, and how to buff up).

My plan is to wake up in the morning, do about 20 minutes of stretches (Grow taller), followed by the Ferox method (inversion table, which i assume can only do good for both causes). Then workout 2-3 times a week to buff up, and 1-2 times playing volleyball. I also started using Res+Curcumin and i take biosil/hyalorunic acid/L-NAC cysterine and few other goodies (Fo-Ti, Dandelion and Milk Thistle). Bought some Ortho Shampoo and Rejueplex to go along with it.

My questions are:
- Hands down, do you think it's possible to grow my height by 2-3 cm? (1inch)?
Providing, i do the rigorous regimen stated in "naturally increase your height" book you can find on https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7754-is-it-possible-to-grow-taller. (Quick summery - a lot of stretching, taking supplements like calcium magnesium and zinc, getting good sleep to increase GH, reduce meals before bedtime to hinder insulin secretion, inversion table, sleeping on your bed and elevating your feet to counter gravity/increase spinal gaps etc)
- I want to tone up my muscles a little bit and grow about 3-4 kg's of muscle. One thing i could never figure out is whether i need to eat something before i work up? (to give energy) if so, how much time prior? Also, is it recommended to eat Tuna/eggs immediately after the workout or wait some time? What kind of meal should i eat after the workout (big meal)?
- Can anyone give tips on how to stretch my muscles before/after exercises? Any general tips on how to create the body i want?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality Empty Re: General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 am

I am not a bodybuilder but atleast my experience is to workout on an empty stomach is best - dont eat several hours ahead -and then eat a protein combination shortly after you are finished. Maybe a banana or two. In the evening eat a big meal.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality Empty Re: General Tips - Improve Muscle, Hair Quality

Post  FireFist Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for that. I would love for some other opinions...
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  mike78 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Firefist,

I was reading the following article on Ray Peat's site and came across an interesting excerpt (below) re growth.

Article: Food-junk and some mystery ailments: Fatigue, Alzheimer's, Colitis, Immunodeficiency.

Peat's quote:

"I have previously discussed the use of antibiotics (and/or carrot fiber and/or charcoal) to relieve the premenstrual syndrome, and have mentioned the study in which the lifespan was extended by occasionally adding charcoal to the diet. A few years ago, I heard about a Mexican farmer who collected his neighbors' runt pigs, and got them to grow normally by adding charcoal to their diet. This probably achieves the same thing as adding antibiotics to their food, which is practiced by pig farmers in the US to promote growth and efficient use of food. Charcoal, besides binding and removing toxins, is also a powerful catalyst for the oxidative destruction of many toxic chemicals. In a sense, it anticipates the action of the protective enzymes of the intestinal wall and the liver."

Figured it was worth passing along, and given the amount of supplements discussed on this site, it's interesting that charcoal doesn't come up more often as a potential chelator. Also, not sure what your overall posture is like, but i'd highly recommend the structural alignment exercises created by Pete Egoscue. When you eliminate things like pelvic tilt, excessive curvature of vertebrae, knee rotation, etc., your skeletal structure can return to its normal vertical height, rather than being pulled horizontally by various muscle issues. Check out his book called: Pain Free, A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain.. This book has genuinely changed my life in terms of posture, speed, athletic performance, ability to think, strength, etc., and while I haven't been formally measured, I definitely stand taller than I did before implementing the exercises from the book, so i wouldn't be surprised if I "gained" an inch on my overall height.

Good luck.

mike78

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:16 am

mike78 wrote:implementing the exercises

If it wouldn't be any trouble, would you mind posting your daily exercise routine of these exercises? Thank you.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 am

FireFist,

First of all, there is no way of increasing your height once you've reached a certain age. Again, there is a physiological limitation in the bone. Many people will tell you that boosting HGH will increase your height but this is incorrect. HGH acts on the epiphyseal plate during your adolescence, while it is still mostly cartilage. As you reach maturity, that plate fuses with the remainder of the bone and becomes mineralized to the extent it can no longer expand with the HGH stimulus. The only option is a surgical procedure that lays you up for 6 months and on average only increases height be .5-1 inch. To me, not worth it.

As far as eating prior to exercise, its going to depend upon your goals. If you are trying to lose weight and lower body fat %, working out fasted is effective. Working out in a fasted state is going to deplete glycogen if you have fasted for long enough, but working out this way is also a great stress on the body. You will be raising epinephrine and cortisol quite high so I would definitely recommend a recovery meal or two to at least replenish liver glycogen. I would also include a good deal of protein in the diet if this is your plan, as those same stress hormones are going to decrease protein synthesis as protein is used to produce glucose in that state.

If you are trying to gain mass, I wouldn't advise working out in a fasted state. Its unnecessarily stressful on the body if rapid fat loss is not your goal. Eat a meal about 2-3 hours prior to a workout. Eat a recovery meal afterward, but not to soon. You still want to maintain the increase in oxidizing fatty acids after your work, which you can achieve by waiting to eat until 30 minutes to 1 hour after your workout. This will also optimize the growth hormone response. Get 20-30% of your calories from fat. Optimize your testosterone by getting plenty of D3 (cod liver oil), cholesterol from egg yolks, zinc, saturated fats (grass-fed butter and coconut oil), and plenty of sleep. Work a muscle group once a week and allow it to recover fully. Focus on compound movements and emphasize intensity, trying to stay in the 4-10 rep range. I personally (if I'm not periodizing my workouts) like to pyramid my sets: 10-8-6-4-6-8-10. Build your mind muscle connection and don't get distracted during your workout. Eat. Sleep.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 am

You can potentially increase your height by .25 to .5 inches max. That is a big if though. You aren't looking at truly increasing your height but more along the lines of spinal elongation, which sounds like what you are doing. Depending on how your spinal column reacts to the elongation, you may get a little bit of height increase. But that is something you'll need to keep up on daily.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm not too sure about growing in height, but am always keen to learn about other people's methods for building muscle fast naturally.

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm

re building muscle, a few simple steps:

1. you have to overfeed
2. the total calorie surplus will account for the total mass gained
3. out of this calorie surplus the calories from protein will account for lean mass gained*
4. fortify your meals with additional bcaa**
5. some important, ganeral information about the sole potential to build muscle: http://muscleevo.net/how-fast-can-you-build-muscle/

* http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1103993
** http://www.ergo-log.com/bcaas.html

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks PPM!

At the moment, all the bodybuilding supps I am taking are Cissus Q, Leucine (but have considered cycling off this, but may not now), Glutamine, Beta-Alanine and an All Natural Whey Powder. Is there anything else I should add?

I lift very heavy (Max OT - AST Sports Science) and only train one body part a week.

I am strictly following the IH regimen.

I am hoping to add another inch to my arms in 6 months. This may be unrealistic though...

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 am

PPM, thanks for the links man. That ergolog website is great.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:53 pm

I think hands down that Fred Hatfield's training is the best way to gain muscle. I was never ever able to gain until I started doing it and since starting it I gain about 1-2 pounds of muscle a month (the max most people can gain).
He basically 'invented' the bible for bodybuilding from the late 70s on and has refined the system a bit since. It's loosely based on some of the old Soviet Unions training routines for their gymnasts and power lifters. You can look up his free website too
He also uses a science that gets touched in this forum with his methods inducing hypoxia and such. Everybody is different, but for me his training style is the ONLY thing that ever worked and it works AMAZINGLY well. It take a tiny bit more involvement because you have to really engage with your body and manipulate your training program to keep the muscles optimally stimulated/resting in phases but trust me it's well worth the effort.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  mak123 Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Duketronix wrote:I think hands down that Fred Hatfield's training is the best way to gain muscle. ...

I'm intrigued. Any training blogs/PDF's or other materials that you can point me to ?

mak123

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 am

Here's a basic outline of some of the stuff on his page. There's more about it if you google it/him. Some forum discussion on bodybuilding.com as well if you do a search.

http://drsquat.com/blog/drsquat/2010/03/09/simplicity-periodicity

http://drsquat.com/content/knowledge-base/abc-training-made-real-simple-part-i-movements

The site could be laid out a little better, but that's the basics there.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 am

Just wondering if you have tried Max OT (AST Sports Science)?

http://www.ast-ss.com/maxot.php
http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/MaxOt-Complete-Routine-m390.aspx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=daPB4poOjZQ
http://www.jeffwillet.com/

Please don't think that I am a rep for AST or anything. I actually no longer take their supplements (mostly due to price, because their stuff is good). I have just found that their training system just makes sense to me. I have trained off and on for 22 years and just feel that this system works pretty solidly. You have to eat well and sleep well though. Body needs to recover as the work outs are intense...

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:26 pm

FireFist wrote:Hey guys,

So i recently moved out to my own place and i want to invest in my appearance a bit.

I'm already kind of tall, and kind of muscular. I'm about 6'1 (186cm) and i have quite a bit of muscle and some hair left. I would like to ask some questions on how to grow taller (i opened a thread before, and how to buff up).

My plan is to wake up in the morning, do about 20 minutes of stretches (Grow taller), followed by the Ferox method (inversion table, which i assume can only do good for both causes). Then workout 2-3 times a week to buff up, and 1-2 times playing volleyball. I also started using Res+Curcumin and i take biosil/hyalorunic acid/L-NAC cysterine and few other goodies (Fo-Ti, Dandelion and Milk Thistle). Bought some Ortho Shampoo and Rejueplex to go along with it.

My questions are:
- Hands down, do you think it's possible to grow my height by 2-3 cm? (1inch)?
Providing, i do the rigorous regimen stated in "naturally increase your height" book you can find on https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7754-is-it-possible-to-grow-taller. (Quick summery - a lot of stretching, taking supplements like calcium magnesium and zinc, getting good sleep to increase GH, reduce meals before bedtime to hinder insulin secretion, inversion table, sleeping on your bed and elevating your feet to counter gravity/increase spinal gaps etc)
- I want to tone up my muscles a little bit and grow about 3-4 kg's of muscle. One thing i could never figure out is whether i need to eat something before i work up? (to give energy) if so, how much time prior? Also, is it recommended to eat Tuna/eggs immediately after the workout or wait some time? What kind of meal should i eat after the workout (big meal)?
- Can anyone give tips on how to stretch my muscles before/after exercises? Any general tips on how to create the body i want?

Some people who take HGH do have a growth spurt

Bracket your work outs with Protein shakes or salmon.

Take great supps.

Check out www.colganinstitute.com. He trained Arnold and Stallone.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  mike78 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 am

tooyoung wrote:
mike78 wrote:implementing the exercises

If it wouldn't be any trouble, would you mind posting your daily exercise routine of these exercises? Thank you.

Tooyoung,
The great part about the Egoscue book is that it's designed to diagnose and troubleshoot individual musculoskeletal dysfunction, and then recommends specific exercises to alleviate the specific dysfunction first, then once you're back into functional alignment, there's a series of ongoing exercises to maintain proper alignment and functional movement (if that makes sense). For example, my primary issue was a dysfunction in my right hip / external rotation of right knee / everted right foot that caused my right hip to sit lower than my left, and, as a result, I was constantly leaning to the right at all times. This was made painfully obvious to me after I took photos of myself from all angles from about 7-8 feet away. My head and shoulders were also leaning to the right as a result, which is interesting (for the bloodflow crowd) as my vertex hairloss is more aggressive on the left side of my head than the right, which makes sense as the left side of my head was sitting higher than the right side for probably about 10 years. This is just an observation; I'm definitely not trying to imply cause and effect. Anyway, my point is that the exercises that work for me might not be the same ones that will work for you as they're customized toward specific musculoskeletal dysfunctions, and the book will help you diagnose and troubleshoot, which is awesome.

Some of the top Egoscue exercises that I will do forever include: Air Bench, Supine Groin Progressive (using their tower), Static Back, Cats and Dogs, Counter Stretch, Static Wall, and Static Extension. Another key, in my opinion, is to make sure that when you walk/run, your feet are pointing straight ahead, not out to the sides even a couple degrees. Once they start pointing outward, it means you're using your adductors as gait muscles, and everything will 'go to shit' from there. Usually this dysfunction originates in the hips, but it's probably better to read the book for a foundation of everything.

Good luck, bud!

mike78

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 am

This is amazing! I need to look into this, thanks for posting I've been noticing my tendency to lean to one side for about a year and trying to correct it myself.
I've had some success but this will doubtlessly help.

FWIW I also had worse recession on the side that was higher based on my lean.

Thanks!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down