Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Whey+water = shiverings EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Whey+water = shiverings EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Whey+water = shiverings EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Whey+water = shiverings

4 posters

Go down

Whey+water = shiverings Empty Whey+water = shiverings

Post  Misirlou Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Started at the health center not long ago, lifting iron and doing some aerobics (I'm amazed how fit some of the moms are). I now need to add some whey into it, too boost results, I mainly want to my increase muscle volume.

Since I did stop with milk and kind of hate the milk substitutes, I only have water to add. Nice.

So what type of whey should I use and is their anything else I should add in particular now when I do all this milfhu..I mean exercise? geek

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Whey+water = shiverings Empty Re: Whey+water = shiverings

Post  zerx Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:42 pm

This is a really good isolate:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=8217&at=0

It's actually much cheaper over at luckyvitamin. In case you aren't familiar with iherb, they price-match any order exceeding $65 so you might order from either. However, iherb is the better deal ultimately due to their shipping prices.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 am

Didn't know that Iherb offers price-match! How to claim?

Does this whey taste good then? I need tips on how to hide the taste.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:22 am

You order first and pay their regular price. Then you email them at info@iherb.com and tell them which product and what site offers it cheaper.

The whey powder is supposed to be unflavored and so is tasteless. I haven't ordered it myself but im in the process of doing so. I always go for unflavored whey proteins with minimal or no fillers whatsoever.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 am

Misirlou wrote:Started at the health center not long ago, lifting iron and doing some aerobics (I'm amazed how fit some of the moms are). I now need to add some whey into it, too boost results, I mainly want to my increase muscle volume.

Since I did stop with milk and kind of hate the milk substitutes, I only have water to add. Nice.

So what type of whey should I use and is their anything else I should add in particular now when I do all this milfhu..I mean exercise? geek

I would very highly recommend NOW's whey protein isoltate! It is very high quality and made with stevia for sweetening as opposed to sugar. The best deal on it that I know of is at www.bulknutrition.com. They have the 5lb containers as well as smaller sizes. It is available in Choc and Vanilla there, and they both taste good. I find the choc a little easier to mix (shake up). The vanilla leaves a little bit of foam at the top in the past. You want to take it immediate following your workout and then a few times throughout the day. I also have casein protein on hand which is much longer digesting for before bed to prevent catabolism while you are sleeping/fasting.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:15 am

The best deal I could find is on LuckyVitamin.com

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/54423

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Zerx,

You're right that is cheaper per lb than bulknutrition. That would be a good way to go if you want unflavored. The 5 lb flavored at BN is $42.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:48 am

Misirlou wrote:Started at the health center not long ago, lifting iron and doing some aerobics (I'm amazed how fit some of the moms are). I now need to add some whey into it, too boost results, I mainly want to my increase muscle volume.

You may want to consider a creatine ethyl ester. They don't bloat you like the old creatine monohydrate did. That will increase you strength and size very quickly. I like "Cellmass". Creatine works (in part!- there is a big misconception that this is all it does) by increasing intracellular water in the muscle tissue. This results in the muscles looking bigger and gives you a strength benefit. Creatine's main modality is increasing via ATP and the crebs cycle. It basically gives you more immediate energy to use before you have to start tapping glucose reserves. This enables more strength and longer endurance.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 am

I've looked into these weight gaining products and it seems as if they are full of carbohydrates..do I really want to add this do a daily workout regimen?

Creatine ethyl ester sounds interesting, are they sold under any particular brand? I think my friend tried the old version of creatine with some stomach problems as a result.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 am

Which weight gainers? We linked you to a whey isolate product. I don't see how you concluded it's a weight gainer.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 am

Heh, sorry, weightgaining products is another question, on top of the whey question Smile

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Do you guys know of any inexpensive protein blends (contains whey, casein, egg, etc) that use stevia (and not any of the artificial sweeteners)?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Scotty,

There are none really. Maybe Muscle Milk, but it is not inexpensive. You don't want casein and whey in the same product though! They serve different purposes. Whey is fast acting (specifically the isolate) and is for a rapid boost in plasma amino-acids after workouts, and to drink in between meals. Casein is very thick and will block the digestion of whey- which defeats the whole "fast acting" benefit of taking whey in the first place. I believe that plasma levels of aminos spike at 2 hours with casein vs. 20-30 min with whey. Casein is ideal to take at night time before bed for this reason, and sometimes alternated between meals with whey.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 am

Will whey give me enough weight gain or will I need to add certain weight gaining products? Do they all contain a lot of carbs?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down