Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Whey Protein EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Whey Protein EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Whey Protein EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Whey Protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Whey Protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Whey Protein EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Whey Protein EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Whey Protein EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Whey Protein EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Whey Protein

+2
CausticSymmetry
Grateful
6 posters

Go down

Whey Protein Empty Whey Protein

Post  Grateful Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:25 am

Hi again IH,

Just curious to see what your opinion is on whey protein powders. I've never come across your thoughts on this supplement in your information. Do you think it's worth taking as part of your overall protocol and would it have any benefits for hair growth. Be interesting to hear what you say. Many are for it and then others say that it can in fact be quite harmful.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Whey Protein Empty Re: Whey Protein

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Grateful - In the case of protein powders, there would be certain advantages depending on diet. A vegan would be a great example of one who could benefit from a good protein powder, since they could be short on some important amino acids. Lysine is one in particular.

Maybe in some cases of alopecia areata where the immune system is low, a whey protein powder would help boost glutathione levels. But for otherwise healthy people, I'm not sure if any benefit--with respect to hair could be obtained.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:54 pm

IH - In regard to health, wouldn't enough spirulina beat whey protein hands down?
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Thanks IH - I think I'll give the whey protein a miss.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:16 am

Silverlin - Spirulina I suppose would, but there's only so much that can be consumed--before a cleansing effect. Not a bad thing by any means.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 am

Yeah when I first started having it I went through some feverish detox symptoms, but now im taking 50grams of the stuff for breakfast and feel a million bucks! Hair, skin and eyes are looking healthier, plus having it after working out has definitely increased and help maintain muscle mass. I figure if spirulina can stop HIV and cancer then it has to be able to do something for hairloss aswell. Then again IH you'll probably tell me cancer is a piece of cake compared to hairloss lol
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 am

Silverlin - Wow 50 grams, I'm only doubling or sometimes tripling my 6 tablet doses. Anyone know of a good spirulina powder drink?

There are certain kinds of cancers that are pretty tough to beat (bone cancers mostly), but there are quite a number of cancers that are easily beatable if given enough time and the know how.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:57 am

Silverlin wrote:Yeah when I first started having it I went through some feverish detox symptoms, but now im taking 50grams of the stuff for breakfast and feel a million bucks! Hair, skin and eyes are looking healthier, plus having it after working out has definitely increased and help maintain muscle mass. I figure if spirulina can stop HIV and cancer then it has to be able to do something for hairloss aswell. Then again IH you'll probably tell me cancer is a piece of cake compared to hairloss lol

50 grams? that sounds expensive.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:18 am

IH - Im taking 'morelife' spirulina powder, the only reason i use this brand is because I can just buy it from my local store, i've found it to be quality stuff though. From my experience I would slowly build up 10grams at a time till 50g so the detox symptoms don't knock you around too much. Also using a hand held blender I find is essential as the powder clumps up otherwise.

Basically I've been using this smoothy as my breakfast 5 days a week and then if im still hungry i have blended nuts and seeds mixed in raw organic yogurt.

Breakfast
5 tablespoons Spirulina
1 tablespoon Maca
1 tablespoon brewers yeast
1 tablespoon kelp powder
1 tablespoon of lecithin
(going to add parsley)
then about 400/500ml of water or juice which you need to be able to drink it soo its not too thick, then blend the fuck out of it!

This breakfast really works amazing and find it feels best after a workout. The only supps I take with this meal are Ecklonia cava and 1000mg cayenne pepper as i feel most of the other supps really aren't needed when eating this healthy so it saves me money.

Scotty33- I buy 1 Kilogram for about 50 bucks at my local store, at 50g a day 5 days a week it lasts me a month. But the healthier I start to eat the more I can cut back on supps which saves me money.

Note: Spirulina tastes like shit, it has taken me months to get use to the taste and tolorate it. I just take it with water, but Pinapple juice, lemon juice, pomegranate juice and apple juice mask the taste a 'bit' I've found.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

Silverlin wrote:

Note: Spirulina tastes like shit, it has taken me months to get use to the taste and tolorate it. I just take it with water, but Pinapple juice, lemon juice, pomegranate juice and apple juice mask the taste a 'bit' I've found.

Most of the good stuff taste like shit, I've gotten used to it.

Is there a difference between taking Spirulina in powder form or tablets ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Nuada wrote:

Most of the good stuff taste like shit, I've gotten used to it.

Is there a difference between taking Spirulina in powder form or tablets ?

Other then fillers/binders they use in tablets the main difference is quantity. To get 50g of Spirulina from 500mg of tablets you'd have to take 100 tablets!!! Now even IH would get sick of taking that many tablets!
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Don't expect to boost glutathione levels with regular whey powder: you need undenatured whey that is dried at very low temperatures which of course costs a ton more. These whey powders are not used like a protein supp and are consumed on an empty stomach.

http://www.dfwcfids.org/medical/whey.html

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Unfortunately, I decided to take a break from Spirulina as it was a bit too binding--if u catch my drift.

I'm checking out chlorella as an alternative.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down