Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Honey decreases plaque formation EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Honey decreases plaque formation

+3
rofl
Smurfy
mphatesmpb
7 posters

Go down

Honey decreases plaque formation Empty Honey decreases plaque formation

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 am

There's a small gap between the two middle teeth on my lower jaw, and I usually only feel it for a couple weeks after the annual cleanings at the dentist's office. Recently I noticed that I could feel it again, even though it's been a long time since I've had a cleaning. I'm guessing that there is decreased plaque formation (btw, plaque is a biofilm formed by oral bacteria). Perhaps the honey I've been having is inhibiting the proliferation of these bacteria.

Aims: To compare the effect of Manuka honey, chlorhexidine gluconate (0.2%) mouthwash and xylitol chewing gum on the dental plaque levels. Materials and Methods: Sixty healthy male dental students aged between 21 and 25 years (mean age 23.4 years) participated in the study. All the subjects received a professional prophylaxis at the start of the study, with the purpose of making the dentition 100% free of plaque and calculus. The subjects were then randomly divided into three groups, i.e. the Manuka honey group, the chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash group and the xylitol chewing gum group. Rinsing with water or any other fluid after the procedure was not allowed as also any form of mechanical oral hygiene for all the subjects during the experimental period of 72 h. After the experimental period, the plaque was disclosed using disclosing solution and their scores were recorded at six sites per tooth using the Quigley and Hein plaque index modified by Turesky-Gilmore-Glickman. Results: The mean plaque scores for Groups I, II and III were 1.37, 1.35 and 1.57, respectively. The ANOVA revealed that between-group comparison was significant, with an F-value of 5.99 and a probability value of 0.004. The T-test was carried out to evaluate the inter-group significance, which revealed that the plaque inhibition by Manuka honey was similar to that of chlorhexidine mouthwash. Both Manuka honey and chlorhexidine mouthwash reduced plaque formation significantly, better than the xylitol chewing gum. Conclusion: Manuka honey and chlorhexidine mouthwash reduced plaque formation significantly better than xylitol chewing gum.

Years ago I had a theory that brushing shouldn't be necessary to maintain dental health. No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to habitually clean its mouth/teeth, and I imagine that the natural course of evolution would have produced systemic (ie., antibacterial) mechanisms to keep teeth clean. I think the same reasoning applies to other "hygienic" activities like shampooing.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Honey decreases plaque formation Empty Re: Honey decreases plaque formation

Post  Smurfy Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:11 am

mphatesmpb wrote:No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to habitually clean its mouth/teeth, and I imagine that the natural course of evolution would have produced systemic (ie., antibacterial) mechanisms to keep teeth clean. I think the same reasoning applies to other "hygienic" activities like shampooing.

No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to make processed foods, unnatural foods, cooked foods either... Smile

You have a point with the shampooing too... we don't need it. It's just a vicious cycle to keep our hair looking good, especially store-brand shampoos where they synthetically make your hair look good, and when it wears off, you need to reapply... good for business of course. With better diet and such = less sebum buildup, less internal stress, naturally better looking hair, and possibly more of it! There are a number of testimonials out there where people go grunge for a few weeks and their hair and scalp begin cleaning itself. (probably because the natural bacteria populations are restored)

Oh and I vote Honey for president! cheers What doesn't it go good on?!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Years ago I had a theory that brushing shouldn't be necessary to maintain dental health. No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to habitually clean its mouth/teeth, and I imagine that the natural course of evolution would have produced systemic (ie., antibacterial) mechanisms to keep teeth clean. I think the same reasoning applies to other "hygienic" activities like shampooing.

Thats true, but as caveman, we didnt live very long. And lots of animals die when theyre teeth lose function and they r unable to eat. If we weren't here to fix for e.g. lions and tigers teeth in zoos and animal reserves ,they would die alot sooner.

I definately agree on ur premise though. I believe we hinder our immune system by being so damn hygenic. But at the same time we r not eating a paleo diet anymore. Most of our dental problems probably stem from too much sugar.

Personally i think flossing is way way more important than brushing. I also use salt toothpaste when i can afford it. Its great, no flouride, and must help balance ph in ur mouth. u get it from health food shops. Also remember a bacteria that lives between teeth causes heart disease. flossing removes it and prevents it.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:39 am

Smurfy wrote:
mphatesmpb wrote:No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to habitually clean its mouth/teeth, and I imagine that the natural course of evolution would have produced systemic (ie., antibacterial) mechanisms to keep teeth clean. I think the same reasoning applies to other "hygienic" activities like shampooing.

No living thing on the planet before human beings even had the ability to make processed foods, unnatural foods, cooked foods either... Smile

You have a point with the shampooing too... we don't need it. It's just a vicious cycle to keep our hair looking good, especially store-brand shampoos where they synthetically make your hair look good, and when it wears off, you need to reapply... good for business of course. With better diet and such = less sebum buildup, less internal stress, naturally better looking hair, and possibly more of it! There are a number of testimonials out there where people go grunge for a few weeks and their hair and scalp begin cleaning itself. (probably because the natural bacteria populations are restored)

Shaving cream is a racket too Smile

http://www.lewrockwell.com/tucker/tucker65.html

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 am

scottyc33 wrote:
Smurfy wrote:

Shaving cream is a racket too Smile

http://www.lewrockwell.com/tucker/tucker65.html

That is so true. Only used shaving cream a few times in my life cause I don't see the point of it... plain hot water does 10x more than any cream, especially those which contain SLS too. Very Happy
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:49 am

Also related...I've replaced deodorant with baking soda. I just dissolve a small amount into a bit of water in my palm, and it works fine.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 am

mphatesmpb wrote:Also related...I've replaced deodorant with baking soda. I just dissolve a small amount into a bit of water in my palm, and it works fine.

Do you wash it off or leave it on?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 am

Well, I rinse when I shower.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 am

Good stuff.

Any one got any tips for removing tartar/scale off teeth, without having to visit the dentist for a scrape?

Cheers, C
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Personally, that whole "Cavemen didn't brush their teeth, so why should we?" hypothesis has one glaring hole. Cavemen also didn't have unnatural, processed foods in their diet. Additionally, very little sugar. With those things being common in our daily diets, we need to, in my opinion, take extra measures to deal with those things.

Likewise for shampooing--the stuff we have coming out of the pores in our body, the excessive sebum, and so forth are toxins being let go as a result of what we put in and on our bodies. Shampooing helps to cleanse our scalps and hair of that garbage, and if you're using the right kinda shampoo (organic), then I see no problem at all.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down