Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
is Honey recommended ? EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
is Honey recommended ? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
is Honey recommended ? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
is Honey recommended ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
is Honey recommended ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
is Honey recommended ? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
is Honey recommended ? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
is Honey recommended ? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
is Honey recommended ? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

is Honey recommended ?

+5
nidhogge
ppm
Lw
jeruslan
mikeymike
9 posters

Go down

is Honey recommended ? Empty is Honey recommended ?

Post  mikeymike Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 pm

I eat a lot of cottage cheese, in which I put some table sugar. I eat that twice a day.

Is honey a good replacement for table sugar ? Is it less inflammatory for the scalp ?

Thanks in advance

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

is Honey recommended ? Empty Re: is Honey recommended ?

Post  jeruslan Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 pm

mikeymike wrote:I eat a lot of cottage cheese, in which I put some table sugar. I eat that twice a day.

Is honey a good replacement for table sugar ? Is it less inflammatory for the scalp ?

Thanks in advance

You do bodybuilding aren't you ? Smile
The suger leech the calcium from your bones (misterE informed me).
Well, the answer is yes. The honey is good replacement, but honey alone is not best choice, unless you are a beekeeper.
I also eat twice a day the same stuff that you do, but as a sweetener I use glucose or fructose. Maybe they don't include some nutritients that honey does, but they are definitely cheaper.
Please, let me ask you a question.
In my country, we have a cottage cheese and a curd. And the second mentioned contains 17,5 grams of protein per 100 grams.
In the first one, there is only 12 grams of protien per 100 grams. How much protein contains product that you eat? I'm just curious....

jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 am

Hi, Yes I train 4 times a week at the gym.

My cottage cheese contains 8g protein / 100g. so when I take 400g of it I have enough proteins for my meal.

Hmm, I'm a bit lost concerning the best sugar to take for fighting hair loss.

I mix some malto/dextrose in my post workout shake, and I eat some white sugar in the cottage cheese.
I just read Honey was fructose so I'm not sure it's a best choice after all.

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:29 am

I eat Rosemary honey, my favorite one

I already ate 250gr in a day.

Never had any inflammation.

Note I always mix with ACV

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 am

Recommended? No.

Anything that contains fructose (fructose, sugar, HFCS, honey, and lots of fruits) is not recommended. Why? Because "High fructose intake is increasingly recognized as causative in development of prediabetes and metabolic syndrome".

Simmilar to honey in taste and consistency but without fructose, is grain syrup, e.g. rice syrup (although low in minerals) or better spelt syrup (rich in minerals).

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 am

ppm wrote:Recommended? No.

Anything that contains fructose (fructose, sugar, HFCS, honey, and lots of fruits) is not recommended. Why? Because "High fructose intake is increasingly recognized as causative in development of prediabetes and metabolic syndrome".

Simmilar to honey in taste and consistency but without fructose, is grain syrup, e.g. rice syrup (although low in minerals) or better spelt syrup (rich in minerals).

Sounds interestig...
But, I would like to see someone who developed metabolic syndrome by eating only lots of fruits. Is it even possible to be obese frutarian? Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:10 am

No offense to PPM, but do NOT listen to his advice.

Fructose and High Fructose Corn Syrup are not the same thing. Natural foods from nature, such as honey, are balanced and contain other actives that prevent the adverse effects on metabolism and the body that isolated fructose (such as fructose corn syrup) can cause. Honey is incredibly healthy, and I would recommend it instead of table sugar. If you do want to stick with sugar, get organic cane sugar; not a bad choice.

Also, if you have a cough, a teaspoon of honey helps a bunch. I tend to get my honey from the public market from the actual beekeepers/farmers. I do not trust store stuff.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am

thanks Nidhogge.

I'll try that. Except that Honey doesn't mix well in cottage cheese IMO.

What about jam/marmalade ? Are there any good organic type with not so much fructose in it ?

mikeymike

Back to top Go down

is Honey recommended ? Empty Honey matters! - For Skin, Hair & Health

Post  drrenuka Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Honey not only scores high on the food-o-metre for it’s taste, but it’s also highly recommended for its medicinal properties and health benefits.

- Honey has anti-bacterial properties that help improve digestive system.

- Rinsing hair with two spoons of honey added in warm water, before washing thoroughly adds sheen to t...he hair.

- Applying honey for 10 to 15 minutes on the face before washing off with lukewarm water, keeps the skin supple and fresh looking.

Read more articles on skin care & hair care: http://www.lasscosmetics.com/beauty_tips_natural/skin_care_articles.php

drrenuka

http://www.herbal-hair-shampoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Honey is good and bad for you. Good for you for the reasons above, antibacterial... You eat to much though and you can get fat. If you have a couple of spoons of honey in the morning, then you want to avoid sugar from everything throughout the day because in the end, to much sugar is bad for you. Then you occasionally get those pesky botulism spores honey, which is one of the reasons pediatricians don't recommend honey to children under 2. If you are going to buy honey, for sure look up the GI of the honey and pick the lowest one. It's kind of difficult to find a honey with low GI in the U.S. because almost all the honey you see on the store shelves comes from China, brought over in cargo ships stored in barrels. There is some tainted honey that makes it's way into the U.S. from China occasionally and basically there is nothing we can do about that. In the late 90's China had a collapse of their honey production because the bees got some type of bacteria and their bees started to die off. The Chinese beekeepers started spraying antibiotic on the bees. Although that antibiotic is prohibited in the U.S., you do get the occasional honey tainted with the antibiotic. I guess there is always your local beekeeper.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:42 am

Why has fruits been attacked lately? I'm sure their is a handful of health benefits from most fruits.In the morning I have a juice smoothie with the jack lalaane juicer. i mix strawberries, apples, grapes, oranges, lemon, watermelon, blueberries, kiwi, grapefuit, what ever I can find and I have a banana in the morning to.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  nimansha Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:56 pm

As I aware honey is highly recommended for damage and brittle hair. The honey treatment is good for your scalp as well. It can be also used as a good conditioner to the hair. Honey is rich of vitamin A, B, C and potassium, which enables you to have a moisturized shiny hair. Honey can be used with some other ingredients (such as olive oil and banana) for better results.

nimansha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down