Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Back on the kefir! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Back on the kefir! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Back on the kefir! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Back on the kefir! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Back on the kefir! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Back on the kefir! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Back on the kefir! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Back on the kefir! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Back on the kefir! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Back on the kefir!

+8
JJB9050
j87x
Yanks
thissucks
masterfree
Irenicus
nidhogge
Hoppipolla
12 posters

Go down

Back on the kefir! Empty Back on the kefir!

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:23 am

Well, after chickening out of kefir a while back (I attempted to make both water and dairy, and kinda didn't fully get on with either at the time - guess it was all a bit new!), I have decided to give it another blast!

I've spent a slightly pricey £15, but I wanted to get a good amount of good quality grain from a reputable seller!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180635576484

So I should get those within the next few days and start making lots of kefir to take the place of my usual pricey probiotic!!

I was a bit nervous about the yeasts in it seeing as I am trying to kill candida amongst other things, but I do side with the way of thinking now that the yeasts in kefir actually help to kill candida albicans Smile

So.. yeah should be good! Everyone who drinks this stuff always seems to be MEGA healthy to me - the guys on youtube are always really well-built with no signs of hair loss lol

So yeah, looking forward to this! Perfect intestinal health here we come!

Hoppi!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Back on the kefir! Empty Re: Back on the kefir!

Post  nidhogge Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:35 am

Shoulda gone with KefirLady.com man, saved yourself some money! Plus, I trust all of her stuff to be the real deal. Not to say that yours isn't, but she's cool and sends it out before you pay for it too. Good luck man, hope that you get some good results!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 am

My only experience making kefir has been using the packets of starter they sell at Whole Foods. How does that compare with purchasing the grains from Kefir Lady or similar sources?
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 am

Irenicus wrote:My only experience making kefir has been using the packets of starter they sell at Whole Foods. How does that compare with purchasing the grains from Kefir Lady or similar sources?

that wont do, you got to buy kefir mothers and they will reproduce and give you continuous supply of kefir. very easy to make, easier than yogurt.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 am

erm, Irenicus, I don't believe the starter packs can keep making kefir indefinitely? Do you need to keep buying over and over?

Kefir grains should theoretically last forever Smile

and nihogge.. I dunno maybe hehe, I'm in the UK though so I kinda wanted to go for a nice local UK-based, reputable eBay seller!

Hopefully this should show candida the door once and for all! I want my gut to be pristine! hehe ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 am

With the proper gains, should be able to last forever. No problemo Hop, keep us posted!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 am

For those of you who have used kefir- how effective is it and how does it taste?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

i seemed to have trouble with kefir. my dandruff and loss seemed ro increase, but i nver stuck it out. i tended to drink all of it at one time instead of a little throughout the day though too.

also the biggest reason why i didnt stick with it was bc it gets annoying to keep up on making it and i wasnt sure how to save the grains for starting up at a later date. id like to try it again at some point
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:24 pm

I tried to convert my milk kefir grains into water kefir grains, but they only made a few batches before dying. I'm considering ordering some water grains from kefirlady next time.
I would recommend making water kefir because it is hard to find raw milk, and I do not like the taste of the milk kefir I ended up making.
Water kefir doesn't smell bad and just tastes like bitter fruit water, much more convenient to consume on a regular basis. You could also put some in a spray bottle and spray in on your scalp/face for skin health.

For some people dandruff is much harder to eliminate. In my experience you cannot simply eliminate it only with probiotics, but they do help.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I think the connection of MPB with intestinal health (mainly candida) is huge. Probably almost as big as the connection with the liver. Candida spews out toxins and generally messes everything up.

One guy said he got terrible bloating and stuff for 1 week after starter kefir, and then it went and he feels better than he has with his candida in years!

I think it's probably a die-off reaction, but I'm not sure - I'm new to much of this as well.

Like when I first use a significant amount of CS, I got a reaction but now I get nothing. It seems like these things are just killing something and it aggravates us briefly, it doesn't mean the thing itself is bad, but that's probably how some of them get a few bad reputations knocking around on the internet Smile

On the topic of the Caucasian grains - I now know the history! Hooray! So it started with shepherds in the Caucasus mountains right? This guy on ebay says his are a combination of Russian (quite possibly Caucasion or nearby), Australian from Dom, and also some from Western Europe. I think I'm pretty cool with that, I don't think I'm gonna pull out of the purchase and go for pure Caucasian or anything (I'm chatting to him by PM Smile )

Erm.. yeah! I'd be surprised if the majority of people's MPB continued after cleansing of the intestines and liver, and also to a lesser extent (IMO) the kidneys. It may also be necessary for some to repair the gut wall, but that depends on the individual and it will happen by itself once the bad bugs are gone anyway!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:51 am

On the topic of the "die off" the guy I got them from on eBay says that yes, it's your body adjusting and the bad guys getting killed off! hehe Smile

Also, he says that ofc all the grains came from the Caucasian mountains and were closely guarded for a long time! These days, to be honest I'm sure there are many places you can get top quality grains Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 am

It's tasty I like it! hehe

Gonna go get more goat's milk now lol

hehe ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JJB9050 Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 am

Anyone living in California can get raw colostrum kefir at health food stores or shipped. I've used it on my skin and noticed really good improvement in skin tone about a day later.

JJB9050

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 am

JJB9050 wrote:Anyone living in California can get raw colostrum kefir at health food stores or shipped. I've used it on my skin and noticed really good improvement in skin tone about a day later.

wow... raw colostrum kefir sounds REALLY powerful...

Is it possible to get colostrum in larger quantities though? Is it more expensive due to it not being produced as copiously?

I'm a bit new to the concept of colostrum! lol Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 am

yea could i use Symbiotics colostrum for kefire? mix it with water i guess?

And colostrum works topically?? did not realize that!
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Back on the kefir! EPwmI

hehe! w00t! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Whoa 2 day old kefir is SO strong!

It tasted really good though! Going to be great when I get the 3 day old going too!! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 am

Any update on the kefir use Hoppi? I'm thinking about buying some grains myself...

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:59 am

thissucks wrote:Any update on the kefir use Hoppi? I'm thinking about buying some grains myself...

ah no I stopped in the end Smile

I have decided to work with the advice given to me by Trapper on CureZone and the guys on 30 Bananas a Day Smile

I will for now focus on a health, fruit and veg - filled diet, low fat, and take antifungals - colloidal silver and grapefruit seed extract. Then, hopefully once my candida is gone (as I say in my sig, thinking about it!) I'll go on a store bought probiotic like Mightidophilus from Solaray, and work on from there. It seems that a potent "killer" (or two) is better than using probiotics at first. From what I've gathered anyway!

Colloidal silver is also a healer so should aid in healing the gut wall!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:31 am

anyone have advice on how to make Kefir? I was making it a few years back, bu ran into problems with curds/whey, and I could only get it to taste right 1 in like 4 times.

tips ? What fat % milk (will probably be using pasteurized milk), procedure, etc... I have 'Kefir Starter kit' and also I have access to store bought Kefir, I could add a % of that to start my batch too I believe.

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:43 am

Kefir for topical use, to regulate bacteria imbalance (add onion juice). =>
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t1392-regrowth-with-topical-kefir-and-agrimony

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 pm

For anyone curious on why they do not do well on kefir, the lactic acid may be facilitating a stress response and an increase in inflammation:

"Unsaturated fats, iron, and lactic acid are closely related to the actions and regulation of TNF, and therefore they strongly influence the nature of stress and the rate of aging."

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/estrogen-osteoporosis.shtml

droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:38 pm

zanza wrote:anyone have advice on how to make Kefir? I was making it a few years back, bu ran into problems with curds/whey, and I could only get it to taste right 1 in like 4 times.

tips ? What fat % milk (will probably be using pasteurized milk), procedure, etc... I have 'Kefir Starter kit' and also I have access to store bought Kefir, I could add a % of that to start my batch too I believe.
I've had the same problems...my kefir always tastes sour and comes out lumpy despite trying different fermentation times. I thought this was normal for a while, and had to resort to adding stevia just so I could stomach it (and I'm not overly fussy with sour tastes). Recently I found some kefir in a store ($4 for 500mL) which was lucky since you won't find any Australians who have heard of the stuff. But the taste was fantastic - smooth, creamy, with a nice sour tang.

I would love to get mine to taste like this version, or just really non-lumpy, any suggestions?

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:35 am

TexasMedicine wrote:
zanza wrote:anyone have advice on how to make Kefir? I was making it a few years back, bu ran into problems with curds/whey, and I could only get it to taste right 1 in like 4 times.

I've had the same problems...my kefir always tastes sour and comes out lumpy despite trying different fermentation times. I thought this was normal for a while, and had to resort to adding stevia just so I could stomach it (and I'm not overly fussy with sour tastes). Recently I found some kefir in a store ($4 for 500mL) which was lucky since you won't find any Australians who have heard of the stuff. But the taste was fantastic - smooth, creamy, with a nice sour tang.

I would love to get mine to taste like this version, or just really non-lumpy, any suggestions?

Well, I think the sourness is fine - that's just because the kefir bacteria and stuff have fermented all the lactose. As for lumps, I used to just sieve out all the grains (and lumps too I'd imagine as these may just be forming grains). You will end up with lots more grains really quick!

Only thing I tried to do though is ensure that each batch I made had pleeeenty of grains in it so as to cause quick fermentation and no risk of any bad bacteria contaminating it (because the concentration of good bugs is simply too high.

I miss making kefir it's fun ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down