Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist

+7
pancacke
CausticSymmetry
elan164
Smurfy
Misirlou
nidhogge
hadrion
11 posters

Go down

Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist Empty Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist

Post  hadrion Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:41 am

Hey guys,

You all have me terrified of going to the dentist. I'm not having any dental problems, but I am due for a cleaning and was wondering if there is anything I can do at home to remove the plaque that forms at my gumline along the bottom row of my front teeth. That's the only place I have visible plaque.

Any of you have a safe home remedy/method in addition to conventional brushing/flossing?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist Empty Re: Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist

Post  nidhogge Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 am

Perhaps Magnesium Oil as mouthwash for a few minutes a day? Any thoughts on this guys?

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist Empty Re: Removing plaque from teeth w/o going to Dentist

Post  Misirlou Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:35 am

Thanks to info from CS I nowadays use Spry, it's a natural chewing gum with xylitol which has some nice oral properties!
You can also use straws when you drink stuff, so it won't touch your teeth.

also check:
http://worldental.org
http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/teeth/goodfoods-teeth.html

Also check into Waterpik Ultra!

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 am

nidhogge wrote:Perhaps Magnesium Oil as mouthwash for a few minutes a day? Any thoughts on this guys?

I've done that in the past, it works to some extent, your mouth definitely feels a bit fresher along with the tingle...but the taste... oh the taste... yuck.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 am

Baking soda is what i use everyday. Its slightly abrasive so just be gentle on your gums. Removes the plaque easily. I use a ultrasonic tooth brush as well. Ive also heard good things about IP6 and mannitol.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 am

Baking soda, sure, it will also have a whitening effect, but use it with caution and do some reading on it as well.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks the responses guys. I'll definitely give Baking Soda a try and read up on how to use it first. I have that Oral B Triumph but I don't think that is "sonic".

I'm not sure I can put mag oil in my mouth just yet, lol.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Some really great responses here.

I'll add that I find that a Xylitol with baking soda toothpaste works quite well.

Also, like Misirlou mentioned, Spry gum, works great for excellent oral health.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-XyliWhite-Toothpaste-Gel-Platinum-Mint-6-4-oz-181-g/11465?at=0

Going even a step further, a water pick with salt works great for killing any pathogens.

One caution about dentists, is that even a normal check-up involves fluoride cleanings and potentially bisphenol-A dental sealants

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Don't have much plaque but I would try what silverin wrote on the other thread, with using activated carbon as a floss before going to sleep.
You could buy your own dentist tools on ebay Very Happy how hard can it be to scrape stuff of your teeth...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm currently in Afghanistan and have been smoking a cigar a day and drinking a lot of coffee. A few months ago, I noticed that my mouth was disgusting. I decided to try CS's advice about rinsing with salt water. I've been rinsing twice a day, before I brush my teeth, for the past two months. Once in the morning and once at night. I checked my mouth the other day and I am amazed at how well this works to remove plaque. I definitely reccomend this method.

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Check out Oil Pulling.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Have not been to dentist in years.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 am

Mastery wrote:
Have not been to dentist in years.

M
I also agree, dentists only put poisons in my mouth, drill drill and fill then bill, that's all they do.

What's your secret for healthy teeth?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 am

I've heard some people use the Thieves young Living Essential Oil for this, and general dental care. Thieves however does have lemon oil, which worries me, i dont want to put something acidic on my teeth. But, ive read a few testimonials on it being able to kill bacteria, clean teeth from plaque and even help re-enamel.

Has anyone here used Thieves ?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 am

recently just added some tea tree oil to my salt/iodine mouth rinse. crispy clean fresh breath, i love it. the tea tree oil kills a lot of bacteria in the mouth.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down