Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
O/T Removing Forehead Lines EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T Removing Forehead Lines

+4
takingaction
AS54
Hoppipolla
goten574
8 posters

Go down

O/T Removing Forehead Lines Empty O/T Removing Forehead Lines

Post  goten574 Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:04 pm

I am 25, male and noticed lines on my forehead. I am looking for a cheap and effective way to remove or decrease these lines. Any suggestions?

Thanks
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

O/T Removing Forehead Lines Empty Re: O/T Removing Forehead Lines

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Yah I've had more of these since minox a while back and they don't seem to be reversing at least not yet.

I'd like to look into this too.

I've heard castor oil (applied to the skin) is very good at removing wrinkles. I also hear good things about Retin A.

Some supplements have to be good for this too, but I really don't know of any that I would recommend with sufficient certainty...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I would use the recommendations in the healthyfixx.com article on fighting wrinkles: ch-OSA, eckonia cava, and hyaluronic acid.

Additionally, RNA at 500 mg per day and consuming plenty of gelatin internally helps a great deal.

Make sure you are using completely natural products for your topicals. Just because a product says its "natural", it doesn't mean it is. You're better off making your own topical products.

External health is determined by your internal health and ability to assimilate the nutrients you consume. Beef up your enzymes and heal your gut (gelatin, glutamine, probiotics, avoid food sensitivities).
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:11 pm

I would love to consume ch-OSA, eckonia cava, and hyaluronic acid but these are expensive! I will probably start on these next year when I am 26 but for now, I am looking for a quick fix. I have coconut oil and avocado, would these help? I am not using a topical at the moment
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah, I hear you on that. Those supps are tough on the wallet. At 25 years, your healing capacity is still pretty strong. So it may be possible to reduce your wrinkles, but more often than not, once the line has formed it is very difficulty to remove it completely without some type of procedure. However, once you have the cash flow to invest in those supps, most definitely do so. They will help maintain youthful skin. Despite how simple it sounds, staying hydrated is really important also. Beating wrinkles is more about preventing them than removing them once they're there. But maintaining the tightness and firmness of your skin might be even more important. Guys can deal with some lines on their face and look distinguished like Clooney. But its when your skin becomes loose and less vibrant that ages you. Eating a good diet, staying hydrated, and using the above supps will make sure your skin stays firm. Facial massages help also.

I would most definitely be consuming gelatin as well.

As far as a topical, I would recommend this highly. But I would make it yourself. Coconut oil is a great option and so is avocado, which contains the natural vitamin E. If you place these ingredients in a blender with some grapeseed oil, citric acid, some ascorbic acid, and some xanthum gum and blend for about 1-2 minutes (make sure you empty it into a glass container immediately after blending before it sets upl), this will make a great topical. A little raw, natural honey, aloe vera, or some carrot are other good ingredient options. Just make sure to refrigerate the container between uses. Making this type of topical requires a little money at the outset (very little) to buy the ascorbic acid, citric acid, and xantham gum but they'll last you a while. (Also remember, if you are going to use food type ingredients, only make about enough for the week because these ingredients will go bad).

Each night exfoliate your face with a rag or dry brush, then apply a hyaluronic acid serum (buy at swansonvitamins.com for cheap), and finally apply the above topical and allow to sit for 20 minutes or so.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Yeah, I hear you on that. Those supps are tough on the wallet. At 25 years, your healing capacity is still pretty strong. So it may be possible to reduce your wrinkles, but more often than not, once the line has formed it is very difficulty to remove it completely without some type of procedure. However, once you have the cash flow to invest in those supps, most definitely do so. They will help maintain youthful skin. Despite how simple it sounds, staying hydrated is really important also. Beating wrinkles is more about preventing them than removing them once they're there. But maintaining the tightness and firmness of your skin might be even more important. Guys can deal with some lines on their face and look distinguished like Clooney. But its when your skin becomes loose and less vibrant that ages you. Eating a good diet, staying hydrated, and using the above supps will make sure your skin stays firm. Facial massages help also.

I would most definitely be consuming gelatin as well.

As far as a topical, I would recommend this highly. But I would make it yourself. Coconut oil is a great option and so is avocado, which contains the natural vitamin E. If you place these ingredients in a blender with some grapeseed oil, citric acid, some ascorbic acid, and some xanthum gum and blend for about 1-2 minutes (make sure you empty it into a glass container immediately after blending before it sets upl), this will make a great topical. A little raw, natural honey, aloe vera, or some carrot are other good ingredient options. Just make sure to refrigerate the container between uses. Making this type of topical requires a little money at the outset (very little) to buy the ascorbic acid, citric acid, and xantham gum but they'll last you a while. (Also remember, if you are going to use food type ingredients, only make about enough for the week because these ingredients will go bad).

Each night exfoliate your face with a rag or dry brush, then apply a hyaluronic acid serum (buy at swansonvitamins.com for cheap), and finally apply the above topical and allow to sit for 20 minutes or so.

Very good advice, thanks for that!
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 pm

It might also be a good idea to have a browse on www.skincaretalk.com

They're basically largely a collection of women trying to remove wrinkles, so they're pretty pro lol Smile

EDIT -- Also, I wonder what CAUSES a line to appear. Lack of collagen seems a major one, meaning the skin is thinner so wrinkles inwards instead of retaining most of it's shape and just puffing a little like it does when you're younger (I think).

Perhaps the trick is merely to increase collagen thickness? Or do the lines also become reinforced as they're used regularly?

My main guess is collagen... perhaps increasing collagen production with something like a dermaroller might help o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 am

Hoppipolla wrote:It might also be a good idea to have a browse on www.skincaretalk.com

They're basically largely a collection of women trying to remove wrinkles, so they're pretty pro lol Smile

EDIT -- Also, I wonder what CAUSES a line to appear. Lack of collagen seems a major one, meaning the skin is thinner so wrinkles inwards instead of retaining most of it's shape and just puffing a little like it does when you're younger (I think).

Perhaps the trick is merely to increase collagen thickness? Or do the lines also become reinforced as they're used regularly?

My main guess is collagen... perhaps increasing collagen production with something like a dermaroller might help o.O

I shall check that link out, thanks Smile I noticed recently, I tend to raise my eyebrows a lot, perhaps this is the cause of the forehead lines? but younger people don't get these lines, perhaps it is lack of collagen thickness? I have some collagen types 1 & 3 powder arriving soon (Neocell & Doctor's Best), do you think this would help?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 am

goten574 wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote:It might also be a good idea to have a browse on www.skincaretalk.com

I shall check that link out, thanks Smile I noticed recently, I tend to raise my eyebrows a lot, perhaps this is the cause of the forehead lines? but younger people don't get these lines, perhaps it is lack of collagen thickness? I have some collagen types 1 & 3 powder arriving soon (Neocell & Doctor's Best), do you think this would help?

I'm not sure, I never experienced any collagen thickening when I took those, but... I do think it's probably down to collagen thickness. You'd never see a kid with wrinkles lol Smile

And minoxidil sure as hell didn't start putting pressure on parts of my forehead to make wrinkles there hehe

I have an inkling that if we merely increase skin collagen, we'll start getting rid of wrinkles (the girls/women on skincaretalk use dermarollers to stimulate collagen production for this reason).

But yeah... only a series of guesses based on what I've heard and learned and stuff Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 pm

http://www.wrinkles.org/frownlines.aspx

It's also possible to inject fat in there, which might last a long time. My guess is one reason males seem to develop forehead wrinkles earlier than females do is lower body fat on average (after puberty begins). I noticed that when my forehead swelled a bit, the wrinkles disappeared.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Hoppipolla wrote:Yah I've had more of these since minox a while back and they don't seem to be reversing at least not yet.

I'd like to look into this too.

I've heard castor oil (applied to the skin) is very good at removing wrinkles. I also hear good things about Retin A.

Some supplements have to be good for this too, but I really don't know of any that I would recommend with sufficient certainty...

A word of caution about retin-a. My personal experience with it only made matters worse. I started using it earlier this year with hopes that it would repair my skin which had become very sensitive. I applied the cream every night for about a month. Initially it made my face even more sensitive, which I read was normal and would subside. Well after a month my skin became worse--it was still sensitive and I developed noticeably thinner skin. Maybe it just didn't work for me, anyhow, I believe that there are better more practical options out there. I would definitely incorporate gelatin, ecklonia cava, and make sure to stay hydrated.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

I've noticed my forehead gets too red from using Retin-A daily. The next time I see the dermatologist, I think I ask for the newer, milder version. I think that's the Micro version.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 am

Tried and not a fan of retin-A, although I've heard good things about its anti-wrinkle properties from others who have used it long term. But IMO the sensitivity it brings on (you must be very careful about sun exposure and using other topicals, etc.) isn't worth it.

goten574, I've got over 20 years on you, so I speak from experience. There is NO quick fix for lines. Like re-growing hair, any wrinkle remedy is going to take time.

My advice is to concentrate on keeping the lines from forming in the first place, from this point on. If you concentrate on this, over time existing lines will also diminish if not disappear outright, simply because you're taking care of yourself. But like with hair growth, your best defense is a good offense by preventing damage in the first place.

That said, I'm extremely impressed with what adding hyaluronic acid to my regimen has done for my skin. I can especially tell in my heels, which were getting to the point where they required daily maintenance to remain smooth (I live in warm sunny clime, wear sandals all year round). It's only been a couple of months and there's been a big improvement. I have taken Biosil for quite a while, but the hyaluronic acid IMO kick-started the healing (no pun intended) process for my skin. If I were you and serious about fighting wrinkles I'd add hyaluronic acid 100 mg 2x/day, and Biosil 5mg 2x/day. Wish they'd had these supps when I was 25. From the inside out is the best way to tackle it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum, go into the DIY forum, has tons of good info on topicals, DIY topicals, facial exercises, and skin care gadgets you can use in your fight against aging. These women are hard-core into it, and there are a lot of older women on there who've tried everything so they know what works. IMO it's the best forum out there on this topic. You have to weed through some junk to get to the good info, but most forums are like that.

Ascorbic acid and ALA are both very good for your facial skin. I do liposomal C for my skin, and I mix R-ALA powder with topical hyaluronic acid. I also add a few drops of emu oil to make a little emulsion in my palm (after dissolving water soluble topicals like R-ALA in hyaluronic acid first). Topical hyaluronic + emu oil emulsion is a fantastic moisturizer that absorbs quickly and isn't greasy. Mix in your palm on an "as needed" basis, though...the two don't combine well in solution over time. After trying damn near everything out there, I"ve settled on these as my go-to's.

Hope that helps a little...

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 am

Do you use anything on your skin that could cause it to be dry? Do you wash your face with a mild cleanser or with soap?

Do you drink plenty of water?

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks very much all for the very good posts, I will start a few of these supplements at the age of 26 (in March). I really cannot afford to do it now.

scottyc33 wrote:Do you use anything on your skin that could cause it to be dry? Do you wash your face with a mild cleanser or with soap?

Do you drink plenty of water?

Yes, I drink plenty of water. I do not use mild cleaners or soap. I do a few times a week rub Avocado and Coconut oil in my face.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 pm

You should check out Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise. It's supposed to encourage hair growth while smoothing the forehead and giving a younger-looking upper face. Google Tom Hagerty + My Approach.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down