Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Coconut milk and fat EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Coconut milk and fat EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Coconut milk and fat EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Coconut milk and fat EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Coconut milk and fat EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Coconut milk and fat EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Coconut milk and fat EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Coconut milk and fat EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Coconut milk and fat EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coconut milk and fat

+4
lund
Joejoebaggins
CausticSymmetry
Amaranthaceae
8 posters

Go down

Coconut milk and fat Empty Coconut milk and fat

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Coconut milk is loaded with saturated fat up to 20% !!

This the exact kind of fat to avoid! Why are some then recommending coconut milk as a healthy alternative to cow milk?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Coconut milk and fat Empty Re: Coconut milk and fat

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:51 pm

cpio - Saturated fat is extremely healthy.

With zero thanks to the vegetable oil industry, the propaganda has loomed large to indoctrinate the public into believing that saturated fat is harmful.

For a quick reference check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Saturated-Fat-Save-Your-Life/dp/0941599493

Both saturated fat and trans-fat that come from natural sources are in fact good for you. These natural sources included meat, eggs, coconut, palm and diary.

Without enough of these fats, particularly saturated fat, your body cannot utilize the essential fats (Omega-3) as well.

Of course the trans-fats you want to avoid come from industrial and/or processed foods, refined and fast foods.
natural trans-fat and saturated fat lower your cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.

Many tests before and after these foods consistently, show on meat, eggs and dairy the above to be true.

There are many studies which had lumped saturated fats in with industrial trans-fats, and these falsely implicate saturated fats. There are many good studies that prove saturated fat to be very healthy.

Coconut oil is literally a super food.

Check this out for more info as well:

http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/import_sat_fat.html

Sadly, much of the scientific community still think that vegetable oils are healthy. They are highly unstable, increase DHT, convert into free radical feasts when heating and easily change into dangerous types of trans-fat.

I remember the good ol' days when french fries were cooked in animal fat instead of vegetable oil. They tasted better and were not as bad for you.

Regarding coconut again, I actually own this book. It's awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Miracle-Previously-published-Healing/dp/1583332049
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:59 am

I never eat french fries since so much of the starch turn into acrylamid during the heating process, even more so than in baked potatoes.

I think in general boiled stuff is better than fried.

But some vegetable oils are healthy, like olive oil, rasp oil, hemp, flax oil, right?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:20 am

cpio wrote:I never eat french fries since so much of the starch turn into acrylamid during the heating process, even more so than in baked potatoes.

I think in general boiled stuff is better than fried.

But some vegetable oils are healthy, like olive oil, rasp oil, hemp, flax oil, right?

Rapeseed is shit, olive is neutral, hemp is good, and take fish oils instead of flax.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 am

Joejoe why is rapeseed bad? I got a bottle of it organic and coldpressed, I use it for cooking.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:18 am

cpio - Rape seed oil also known as Canola oil is very bad for hair. It raise 5-alpha reductase levels.

"But some vegetable oils are healthy, like olive oil, rasp oil, hemp, flax oil, right"

Olive oil and raspberry oil are fruit oils. As JJB said, olive oil is neutral, it consists of mostly omega-9.

hemp and flax oil are seed oils. Hemp has GLA, omega-3 and 6. Like JJB said, great stuff. Flax oil is good of course as it's phenomenally high in Omega-3.

Take a look at this study, it relates to rapeseed (canola oil) compared with other oils:

http://www.pan.olsztyn.pl/repbiol/docs/pdfs/repbiol_vol2_num3_page277.pdf
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:21 am

Another thing about rapeseed (canola oil) is that when heated, it becomes a soup of free radicals. This is a food not meant for human consumption, yet it is a "food" that is heavily marketed as a "health oil"
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Interestingly, ppl from South India use a lot of Cocunut - just about every dish has some form of coconut element in there (coconut milk, cocunut fruit, cocunut oil, etc) - and they have one of the highest (in India) heart issues as well. I do not have any scientific data on this, just what ppl around my work tells me regarding that region.

I hope we are right this time and do not find 5 years from now that we have been cloggin our arteries by gulping Cocunut oil...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:30 pm

lund - In India, the predominant oil they use over there is cottonseed oil, which is absolutely the worst oil one can use.
They use it because it's ultra cheap. They have the worst indicences of diabetes complications over there and they use a lot of sugar. The heart disease rates and horrific diabetes complications are probably due to cottonseed oil consumption on a large scale and high sugar use.

Check out this page on Coconut oil

http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/features/cocgood.html
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Guys thanks for the info (specially the warning about Canola oil), this forum is very valuable!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:11 am

IH, I have family that lives there so I have a little bit more direct info from personal experience - my roots take me back there as well. I was not generalizing it for all over India, you may be correct for cottonseed oil consumption in overall India. However; specifc to South India - ppl there use Cocunut in everything, just about every meal is prepared with some form of Coconut in it - and they have heart issues in that population as well.

I am not reaching any conclusions here tying the 2 together, but the cocunut consumption seems to be not that helpful either - so it seems.

CausticSymmetry wrote:lund - In India, the predominant oil they use over there is cottonseed oil, which is absolutely the worst oil one can use.
They use it because it's ultra cheap. They have the worst indicences of diabetes complications over there and they use a lot of sugar. The heart disease rates and horrific diabetes complications are probably due to cottonseed oil consumption on a large scale and high sugar use.

Check out this page on Coconut oil

http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/features/cocgood.html

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 am

That's fine Lund, but it's quite a stretch to tie Coconut Oil into all that as the culprit. In fact, one could argue that Coconut Oil helps to keep heart issues from getting as bad as they otherwise would be were Coconut Milk/Oil not to be included in every meal as it is now. Sort of an extreme example but if you're slamming donuts and burgers with a side of coconut milk for every one of your meals, it wouldn't be terribly fair to blame the coconuts for your health woes. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:13 am

I Agree - I am merely pointing out that the end result of consuming a decent quantity of cocunut in their meals everyday has not resulted in anything to write home about. Or we may conculde that it was not strong enough of an element to protect them from the heart disease(s). I am sure other factors could be there.

BTW beef is big no no in a large population there (due to religious beliefs) so the only meat is chicken / goat and that is even for those who are not otherwise strictly vegetarian. Fastfood is a relatively new concept in that part of the world - last 5 years may be?

nidhogge wrote:That's fine Lund, but it's quite a stretch to tie Coconut Oil into all that as the culprit. In fact, one could argue that Coconut Oil helps to keep heart issues from getting as bad as they otherwise would be were Coconut Milk/Oil not to be included in every meal as it is now. Sort of an extreme example but if you're slamming donuts and burgers with a side of coconut milk for every one of your meals, it wouldn't be terribly fair to blame the coconuts for your health woes. Smile

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:47 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:cpio - Saturated fat is extremely healthy.

I remember the good ol' days when french fries were cooked in animal fat instead of vegetable oil.  They tasted better and were not as bad for you.

What do you think of goose fat CS? Do you think it would be healthy to have some everyday? Is the PUFA content ok?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 am

I've actually changed my milk from cows milk to alternative forms of milk a month ago.

I am currently drinking coconut milk, and I was actually going to ask this question about its fat content on this forum. Good to see it not bad for us.

I had also tried goat's milk but it tastes kinda weird. Coconut milk on the other hand tastes even better that cow's milk IMO.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:28 pm

@lund - What about the consumption of bread with meals (ie. chapati's & naan) they are made from wheat? Wheat has been linked to inflammation and bad cholesterol.

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down